BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Can’t wait to hear the pathetic garbage from Mowbray after today’s abysmal failure to secure a centre forward, getting Chapman to sign a deal, shipping him out and signing another winger in his place!

This loaning players in so we can loan our own players out is absolutely ludicrous.

The only people benefitting are agents taking their cut out of the deal.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This loaning players in so we can loan our own players out is absolutely ludicrous.

if you can get an elliot or a tosin in then fair enough but otherwise i agree,it`s counter productive in the development of our own players

On 30/08/2021 at 10:29, Bigdoggsteel said:

Inexperienced, but that doesn't mean they can't be good. We have experience in the squad and really its time guys like Travis, Davenport , Chapman, Nyambe and Rothwell stepped up and became leaders

Asking a lot for them all to suddenly become championship quality at the same time. It’d be great if they did.

Do other clubs do this? Genuinely asking because I don’t know, it seems like another gamble with the club to me.

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Got to say i am suprised that there's been no last minute talk of clubs coming in to buy/loan Chapman (as of yet anyway) especially Tony has made it clear he couldn't care less if he stays or goes. 

does this officially make me 'ITK' 😅  

just wish i wasn't right and that it was the manager and his cronies leaving instead of OUR most promising players. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

So far i think its been a shocking window.  More loan signings that won't be here long term.. no strengthening of the defence.  No Armstrong replacement.  No or hardly any money spent.  Elliott going will hit us hard because I'm not sure these attacking loan signings will come close to his level 

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Didn't even loan anyone out after bringing Elliott though did we?

Couldn't tell you to be honest. Just talking about bringing in loans in general. Unless they're diamonds, I don't see the point personally. Seems to be a case of throwing lots of sh*t and hoping something sticks.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Sharpe gone very quiet ..something brewing ..??..(or f*ck all happening)

Has he ever broke a transfer story before anybody else? Always seems to be the Pete O'Rourke guy on Twitter that breaks our transfers and Rich and Jaquob pick it up immediately after from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

So far i think its been a shocking window  decade.  More loan signings that won't be here long term.. no strengthening of the defence.  No Armstrong replacement.  No or hardly any money spent.  Elliott going will hit us hard because I'm not sure these attacking loan signings will come close to his level 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is it ludicrous though? I see it as we're loaning out League One standard players and loaning in Championship level players. Our players will come back after playing a load of games much better than they would be if they'd come off the bench for 10 minutes every few games.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bingo.

It's going back to how it used to be with all the ins and outs. Next thing they'll be flogging young players to lower div clubs for a few hundred grand again.

• Like 1

Just now, Jpath19 said:

Is it ludicrous though? I see it as we're loaning out League One standard players and loaning in Championship level players. Our players will come back after playing a load of games much better than they would be if they'd come off the bench for 10 minutes every few games.

it does`nt work like that though,you need to bring your own young players through and give them experience,some will make it,some won`t,doing it the current way just inhibits their progress,you only get better by playing with better players,if your good enough you`ll get games if you not then you`ll be released

• Like 2