BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it does`nt work like that though,you need to bring your own young players through and give them experience,some will make it,some won`t,doing it the current way just inhibits their progress,you only get better by playing with better players,if your good enough you`ll get games if you not then you`ll be released

I understand and agree to a certain extent what you're saying. I think you can do that with a couple of younger players each season. However, with number of younger players we have that could claim to deserve a chance in the first team, it just isn't feasible for us to afford them that without severely harming the quality of the team.

• Like 1

• Backroom

One way or another we’ll know in 3 hours, I’m in no rush to find out before then just get it done!

Expecting it to be someone we haven’t even discussed and comes out of the blue 

For all I think the squad is piss poor and needs strengthening in a way new faces concerns me. With Tonebola more options means more tinkering and lunacy. He’s at his best (in the loosest definition of the word) when his hands are tied and there’s limited options. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Jpath19 said:

I understand and agree to a certain extent what you're saying. I think you can do that with a couple of younger players each season. However, with number of younger players we have that could claim to deserve a chance in the first team, it just isn't feasible for us to afford them that without severely harming the quality of the team.

good point,though if we had a balanced side we would`nt need to import loan players and could bring on our own gradually,the blame lies on mowbray tbh

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Madon said:

Has he ever broke a transfer story before anybody else? Always seems to be the Pete O'Rourke guy on Twitter that breaks our transfers and Rich and Jaquob pick it up immediately after from what I've seen. 

They never post anything that can jeopardise their relationship with the club. Always names a player we were chasing or just when we're about to sign him. If the club wants to cast some bait, then they'll let them name them too, like Obafemi. O'Rourke is freelance I believe, so he doesn't have the same ties to the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Chapman to burton Albion..

Why re-sign him in the first place. another bad move this summer by the club 

53 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rovers looking at Sheyi Ojo as one of the loan options mentioned.

We don't need another bloody winger but a permanent striker. 

He's 24 years old. Far too many loans. 

23 minutes ago, roverandout said:

no strengthening of the defence. 

we signed 2 defenders. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why re-sign him in the first place. another bad move this summer by the club 

We don't need another bloody winger but a permanent striker. 

He's 24 years old. Far too many loans. 

we signed 2 defenders. 

Fullbacks? I mean centrebacks 

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

It’s interesting that noises out of the club are positive that a deal for a striker will be reached but there’s literally no names currently floating about. 

Most of our permanent signings have always been kept well under wraps till the last minute, hopefully it’s the same again for a striker.

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

Don't usually promote stuff in here but we're doing a live deadline day show, completely Rovers orientated, from 8:30pm tonight. We'll have Jaquob Crooke, Rich Sharpe, @Herbie6590 & a few more live on the air as the deadline day clock counts down. Hopefully get an exclusive or two from the reporters. Feel free to join us later 

Had to search back for this when I remembered. Probably a good time to re-post. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

What is there to say this guy is a player?

He may be decent in the championship given previous showings at a higher level - but I’m not sure quite why he’d be out of our grasp transfer wise.

• Like 1