BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

“After three years in the third tier, scoring 40 goals in 142 games, now's the time for Curtis to move on as Danny Cowley begins his revolution.

Granted, large sections of fans won't be too bothered if he does depart if the mood on social media’s anything to go by.”

Looks like some Pompey feel the same way about their top talent as some of our fans feel about our top talent. 

I'd also back the Pompey fans judgement on a player over Mowbray's.  Avoid.  

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So many decent players available on a freebie yet Rovers are once again strolling along like middle lane wankers🤬🤬

it’s truly painful

Got to have the right connections though and manager has to like them as humans. 

No real characters need apply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd also back the Pompey fans judgement on a player over Mowbray's.  Avoid.  

To be fair, you're replying to an unattributed quote from someone claiming to represent the views of their fans. 

Curtis has been in a few Ireland squads and I have to say, I haven't seen him stand out. However the views of Portsmouth fans currently is no doubt clouded by their failure to gain promotion. Last I heard last January was they really wanted him to stay. 

I wouldn't be going above a million though. Talks of 3 are pretty excessive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rigger said:

The thing is I am not at odds with my club, it is the manager, who seems to have no affinity to my club and certainly has no attachment to Blackburn, that I have a problem with. My way of showing my displeasure is to not buy a season ticket whilst that manager is still here. I will still listen every home game, I will still go to every away game(if allowed). I will still feel great sadness or joy after each game. Most of all I will still say with pride that I am a Rovers fan. 

So, what are you saying, any future Rovers manager must either have lived in the area or have played for us in order to be considered? Would be a pretty short list. Maybe we could ask Dunny?

Does Klopp have an affinity to Liverpool or Pep to City? No, they manage these clubs because they like the project. Then they move on, just like players

24 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

So, what are you saying, any future Rovers manager must either have lived in the area or have played for us in order to be considered? Would be a pretty short list. Maybe we could ask Dunny?

Does Klopp have an affinity to Liverpool or Pep to City? No, they manage these clubs because they like the project. Then they move on, just like players

Your first statement. You said that, not me. I do not like Mowbray because he does not give me the impression that he cares about my club. For me to like any future manager they would have to show an affinity to the club. On your second point Klopp and Pep have managed to make a connection with their fans, as a matter of importance.

• Like 1

'An affinity with' simply means that they get us. They get the history, the area, the fans. They understand where we've been and know where they want to take us. It doesnt mean they have to be from the area, have connections with the club. It means they share our aspirations. At this point our aspirations are to be challenging for promotion whilst accepting we may not get there. We genuinely want to give it the right good go that managers have said they are giving it whilst giving it no such thing

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, gumboots said:

'An affinity with' simply means that they get us. They get the history, the area, the fans. They understand where we've been and know where they want to take us. It doesnt mean they have to be from the area, have connections with the club. It means they share our aspirations. At this point our aspirations are to be challenging for promotion whilst accepting we may not get there. We genuinely want to give it the right good go that managers have said they are giving it whilst giving it no such thing

I take your point, but I don’t believe that Mowbray doesn’t “get us”. He is from a working class background and often compares Blackburn with his Middlesbrough roots.  If we were to say he isn’t “popular” with the fans , that is another point, but that is down to perceived failure on the field, not his affinity to the club. 
Steve Bruce is a lifelong Newcastle fan yet he is hated by the vast majority of Geordies because he hasnt been a success in their eyes.

it’s simple, if your a success you will be liked by the fans, nothing to do with affinity imo

50 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I take your point, but I don’t believe that Mowbray doesn’t “get us”.

He seems to think that the fans think we should be challenging for the tittle, he has said on numerous previous occasions that it isn't 1995 anymore. I don't know any Rovers fan who thinks we should be where we were in 1995 and they haven't had that thought for that at least 20 years now. I also can't remember another manager in the last 20 years using our success in 1995 to try to tamper expectations. Using it is either Mowbray being disingenuous or he really is completely out of touch with the fans.

• Like 4

A load of our fans can’t wait to say how small a club we are, there’s little expectation or belief with them that we can even reach the heady heights of the top end of the second division, never mind the bloody Premier League.

Edited by Mattyblue

It's inexcusable shite talk and actually insulting. Clown of a manager. Mediocre Mowbray literally lowering expectations to his level after getting his arse burnt for flying too close to the sun with garbage talk last season. 

What other club would this fly at? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Mowbray most certainly does 'get' Rovers, the club/fans/town he spent almost the entire first few years telling us about it.

What he also began to get was the owners, how they tick and what they like to hear, as well as sussing the void between here and India and what can get lost in it.  He knows he's made a series of cock ups that have contributed a large slice of where we are now.

He also knows by now what he can get away with/say and how far he can push it and that it only matters how the owners see it not the fans or anyone else.

A very crafty old dog he is who did a few good years and has lived off it the past 2 but that won't go on forever.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

I take your point, but I don’t believe that Mowbray doesn’t “get us”. He is from a working class background and often compares Blackburn with his Middlesbrough roots.  If we were to say he isn’t “popular” with the fans , that is another point, but that is down to perceived failure on the field, not his affinity to the club. 
Steve Bruce is a lifelong Newcastle fan yet he is hated by the vast majority of Geordies because he hasnt been a success in their eyes.

it’s simple, if your a success you will be liked by the fans, nothing to do with affinity imo

Mowbray definitely does not get us. Hes from Teesside like me. I grew up among men like him. It's an area that has never been ambitious, always lived in the shadow of Newcastle and never really looked outwards. It's an area with a chip on its shoulder because nobody has ever, ever taken any notice of them in living memory. Tony is typical of many people there. Hes stubborn, unambitious and awkward. We here in Blackburn have many of the same problems but the football club has always aimed higher until recently. Mowbray may be staying but we all know he shouldnt be because his ambition certainly doesnt match ours

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I don't know any Rovers fan who thinks we should be where we were in 1995 and they haven't had that thought for that at least 20 years now. I also can't remember another manager in the last 20 years using our success in 1995 to try to tamper expectations. Using it is either Mowbray being disingenuous or he really is completely out of touch with the fans.

Tbf I quite regularly read on here that we’re “better than the likes of Brentford” or shouldn’t be anywhere near the likes of Luton and so on. To me this can only be based on our proud history rather than a logical comparison of our current squad and setup of the club. 

In honesty we’re no better than any other team in this league and are where we are on merit. 

Just now, The Hypnotic said:

Tbf I quite regularly read on here that we’re “better than the likes of Brentford” or shouldn’t be anywhere near the likes of Luton and so on.

A small selection of posters might say that, and they may say it quite often, but I very much doubt the vast majority of posters on here are that deluded. 

5 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Tbf I quite regularly read on here that we’re “better than the likes of Brentford” or shouldn’t be anywhere near the likes of Luton and so on. To me this can only be based on our proud history rather than a logical comparison of our current squad and setup of the club. 

In honesty we’re no better than any other team in this league and are where we are on merit. 

Surely any manager should be leveraging our position against our rich history and great facilities....not talking it down?  Players who are mid twenties were.kids when were won the league Cup and in the top 10 Premier league. Mowbray is a cock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

There is a big difference between thinking that it is poor being below Luton (club record fee £1.3 Million) and thinking that the club should be competing for the Premier League title which Mowbray seems to think is what some fans expect. Brereton alone cost more than the Luton squad combined.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19318042.west-ham-fulham-show-interest-rovers-striker-adam-armstrong/

West Ham and Everton is pure fantasy talk IMO. He’ll end up at a Fulham or at best a promoted club. Again, just IMO. Sure we’ll find out soon enough as I get the sense Tony is tripping over himself to flog him. ‘Look what I did for you Madame’.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

would be an utter waste of time having jordon back here,he thrives on quick service and opportunities in the box none of which we provide,he`d probably come off the bench and get put on the wing in place of  our other centre forward who`d  been out there😊

• Like 1

AA's movement is very underappreciated, as is his pace. His finishing needs to improve, but it's his movement and pace that gets him the chances. Very few, even in the Prem, have what AA has in that regard. He can also smack them in the from 25 yards because his technique is excellent. 

Everton and WHU would be getting a quality player who can only get better. 

And another thing in his favour is a lot of Prem teams defend high up the pitch these days. He's incredibly dangerous when huge spaces are left for him to run into. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 8