BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Derby - 6pm, Friday 16th

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rovers are the only constant in my adult life. Wives, Houses, Jobs, Workmates etc have all come and gone over the years. I was on pins tonight until the ref blew up. Having said that I haven’t got the same enthusiasm at the moment. A change of manager would work wonders though.

There’s plenty more things out there to do, I wouldn’t get so hung up on them, none of the players, management or owners give a shit about you. The club isn’t what it was, I wouldn’t bother yourself with it, but of course, it’s up to you.

Edited by Wovers

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

My eldest said to me after the game tonight that he is falling out of love with football. He doesn’t even enjoy seeing us win any more.

It’s been some journey that Venkys have taken us on and, unless something changes in the Summer to capture the imagination, it’s looking like he will no longer be part of it.

It makes me weep when I think of the club we were when I started taking him and where we are now. It’s just relentlessly bleak with no prospects of success. There is no upside.

This is a lad who even went on Kean Out protests with me, who loves the club, and has spent almost all of his life going to Ewood.

Breaks my heart.

Meanwhile, we have owners that don’t seem to care. Who would rather listen to the likes of Waggott and Mowbray than fans who care deeply about the club that they are putting their money into - fans who also put their money in (and emotion) and yet they only listen to people who take.

The last 4 games are going to be be rough to watch as a fan, nothing left to play for, not in the stadiums. Sure the buy rate on Iplayer will plummet. 

What will be interesting is the team he picks. Douglas and Bell both probably off so that doesn't matter. JRC injured and no CBs so expect THB, Branthwaite and Nyambe still. 

But if the likes of Buckley/Dolan/Brereton aren't starting then it really would make no sense.

Just looking back at their goal. What a typical Mowbray shambles.

We don’t do enough to prevent the first cross coming in. The ball sails across to the far wing. Nyambe is too narrow. The centre half jogs over like he’s going getting a half time pie. Elliot is also too slow reacting to help out. Their guy eventually puts the ball back into a huge space on the near post for Lawrence to head home. Some of our players seem to be marking each other. I would have also expected my keeper to have got out and clattered Lawrence back in the day but that doesn’t seem to be the fashion these days.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just looking back at their goal. What a typical Mowbray shambles.

We don’t do enough to prevent the first cross coming in. The ball sails across to the far wing. Nyambe is too narrow. The centre half jogs over like he’s going getting a half time pie. Elliot is also too slow reacting to help out. Their guy eventually puts the ball back into a huge space on the near post for Lawrence to head home. Some of our players seem to be marking each other. I would have also expected my keeper to have got out and clattered Lawrence back in the day but that doesn’t seem to be the fashion these days.

Lost count of how many games we have conceded a goal out of nothing to go 1-0 down this season. 

I rate our keeper, but defensively we are a shambles.

I am going into the summer with an open mind on who we keep around. Start of season I would be desperate to keep hold of some of them, but now I couldn't give a shit. And maybe I am doing them a dis-service and a new manager would get more out of them.

Delighted to wake up and see we won. It's the win we needed regardless our performance. 

Pleased for Gallagher scoring and shows if you provided good quality balls in and chances he can score. Good header. 

Elliott took his goal well tho keeper Marshall maybe should have better. 

Our defending for their goal was appalling again. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Lost count of how many games we have conceded a goal out of nothing to go 1-0 down this season. 

I rate our keeper, but defensively we are a shambles.

I am going into the summer with an open mind on who we keep around. Start of season I would be desperate to keep hold of some of them, but now I couldn't give a shit. And maybe I am doing them a dis-service and a new manager would get more out of them.

Kaminski was our best player for me and more than made up later on for not getting out to the Derby goal.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

My eldest said to me after the game tonight that he is falling out of love with football. He doesn’t even enjoy seeing us win any more.

It’s been some journey that Venkys have taken us on and, unless something changes in the Summer to capture the imagination, it’s looking like he will no longer be part of it.

It makes me weep when I think of the club we were when I started taking him and where we are now. It’s just relentlessly bleak with no prospects of success. There is no upside.

This is a lad who even went on Kean Out protests with me, who loves the club, and has spent almost all of his life going to Ewood.

Breaks my heart.

Meanwhile, we have owners that don’t seem to care. Who would rather listen to the likes of Waggott and Mowbray than fans who care deeply about the club that they are putting their money into - fans who also put their money in (and emotion) and yet they only listen to people who take.

I really feel for you mate. My two lads (ages 32 and 27) had always been Rovers fans with Celtic sympathies, who regularly travelled the 420 mile round trip for home games. For the last 5 years they’ve been Celtic season ticket holders with Rovers sympathies. Now they are just Celtic season ticket holders 😢

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Breaks my heart.

Sad that Stuart but I (and I'd guess most folk) understand.

Let's hope that there's something this summer that will rekindle his interest because once they've gone as supporters, that's usually it, it's terminal.

I hope Venkys read this !

• Like 8

Relieved to see us get that over the line. It's a good job there's no VAR in the Championship. I thought we had blown it at the end, it looked like a stonewall penalty for Derby.

Armstrong could have had a hatful today. He was a danger throughout. Harwood-Bellis was solid, Elliott looked much better today than he has recently and Kaminski pulled off a few vital saves to keep us ahead. Nobody else stood out for me.

It's worrying how poor our defence looks overall. Derby were able to get at us with ease and just look at how much space Lawrence had for their goal. There's no chance Mowbray will address this in the summer, he's had years to fix it. If he stays next season, we are in big trouble.

This club needs a major boost in the summer to spark everybody's interest again. 

Balaji likes grand gestures, doesn't he? Put £12m down and get on the phone to Max Allegri (Yeah I know, I can dream)

Of course, it doesn't even have to be that big of a move, just somebody who has a bit about them and who will do everything they can to win games and move the club forward. Get rid of the boring one first and let's move from there.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Breaks my heart.

How old is he?

Perhaps another part of the reason is the non-attendance.

All football is at the moment is a bloody TV show and it has been for the last year. I have never in all my years wanted a season to end, I'm literally gutted usually and thinking of ways to fill my weekends. This season however I just want it over and done with. Hoping for a new manager, some new players of course, well we MUST be getting some of those given the numbers departing right? Most of all though hoping to be back at the grounds. Football is more than just results, it's more than a manager who's a bit of a nob making us want to smash the TV screen, it's the togetherness of standing side by side with supporters of this famous old club.

Just imagine how different relegation battles and promotion dog fights would be right now with fans there, doesn't really affect us right now after last night's result but it'll have such an impact.

Get this sexless marriage of a season out the way and hope for good news on the horizon 👍

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

How old is he?

All football is at the moment is a bloody TV show and it has been for the last year. I have never in all my years wanted a season to end, I'm literally gutted usually and thinking of ways to fill my weekends. This season however I just want it over and done with. Hoping for a new manager, some new players of course, well we MUST be getting some of those given the numbers departing right? Most of all though hoping to be back at the grounds. Football is more than just results, it's more than a manager who's a bit of a nob making us want to smash the TV screen, it's the togetherness of standing side by side with supporters of this famous old club.

Just imagine how different relegation battles and promotion dog fights would be right now with fans there, doesn't really affect us right now after last night's result but it'll have such an impact.

Get this sexless marriage of a season out the way and hope for good news on the horizon 👍

He’s 18, had a ST since he was 4.

You make a good point about it being about being at the ground. I completely agree, and the BCD rubbish hasn’t helped (it’s not even referred to as Behind Closed Doors anymore it has become so normalised).

But he started going when Sparky was here, with big crowds and a terrific atmosphere, singing and chanting, players worth the shirt having their own songs. Even under Allardyce we had a large following.

Gradually, everything has just been eroded away, season-by-season. Players, crowds, quality, league position, ambition - even hope. What do we cling to now for the future? Venkys chequebook / bank loan.

I really think that someone like Hughes coming back would give us a lift but if Waggott was still here, it would be short lived. We need a chairman who wants to see bums on seats, and success on the pitch as the only gig in town. With Venkys obvious resources, so-called pride, and the club not even breaking even each season, why would they put up with anything else?

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

One thing that last night reiterated for me is that I’d rather be at Ewood watching that dross than sat at home. At Ewood I can vent my displeasure with management , urge on the team and in general see the pattern of things much better. I am one of the few who renewed my season ticket and have no doubt that I will renew again next season. I can’t not be there. If Mowbray is still in place come August I will be unhappy to put it mildly but I will still be there...probably watching us fail to win on the first day of the season for eleven years running...but I’ll still be there. Rovers have endured many peaks and troughs throughout our history, gates have fallen well below 5 figures, but in my lifetime we have won three promotions, the Premiership and league cup. Football is cyclical...I might have to wait a long time for the cycle to repeat but the hope remains. I will be there. 

In my mind this makes you more of a fool than a hero. But you have the right to do what you want.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

One thing that last night reiterated for me is that I’d rather be at Ewood watching that dross than sat at home. At Ewood I can vent my displeasure with management , urge on the team and in general see the pattern of things much better. I am one of the few who renewed my season ticket and have no doubt that It will renew again next season. I can’t not be there. If Mowbray is still in place come August I will be unhappy to put it mildly but I will still be there...probably watching us fail to win on the first day of the season for eleven years running...but I’ll still be there. Rovers have endured many peaks and troughs throughout our history, gates have fallen well below 5 figures, but in my lifetime we have won three promotions, the Premiership and league cup. Football is cyclical...I might have to wait a long time for the cycle to repeat but the hope remains. I will be there. 

I can see where you are coming from, and if you take the Venksters and the Fraudsters out of the picture, and focus on the heritage and spirit of the club then yes, this is a long game built around a proud tradition.

Damned hard to wash that nasty chicken nugget taste out of the mouth though.. and as for employing a manager who openly admits to driving the getaway car blindfold with the headlamps off in the dark, well there are plenty of reasons why many of us feel the tradition of glory, but can't stomach the 'journey' at the moment.

Venkys Out! Gurning Lying Fools Out! Swindling Lying Falsehood Repeaters Out!

47 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

One thing that last night reiterated for me is that I’d rather be at Ewood watching that dross than sat at home. At Ewood I can vent my displeasure with management , urge on the team and in general see the pattern of things much better. I am one of the few who renewed my season ticket and have no doubt that I will renew again next season. I can’t not be there. If Mowbray is still in place come August I will be unhappy to put it mildly but I will still be there...probably watching us fail to win on the first day of the season for eleven years running...but I’ll still be there. Rovers have endured many peaks and troughs throughout our history, gates have fallen well below 5 figures, but in my lifetime we have won three promotions, the Premiership and league cup. Football is cyclical...I might have to wait a long time for the cycle to repeat but the hope remains. I will be there. 

Delusion , which is why Mowbray will still be here next season. Chinless wonders in Ewood.

The Man of the Match race last night proved to be a close-run thing in the end...

In Third, I have Harwood-Bellis who is making a bid for best double-barrelled player we've ever had. Not that he's ours, of course.

The runner-up is the Belgian Kaminski, who served up a performance as sweet as the chocolate his country is famed for, including a fingertip save.

However, the winner of Man of the Match was Blackburn Rovers' game winner Stephen Martin, Strangely dressed all in black rather than the famous blue and white halves, his refusal to give one of the most stonewall penalties we're likely to see at Ewood all season was the game-turning moment that secured the game for t'Rovers.

We won but we were crap. I'm glad we've got to 50 points but today made it clearer than ever that if Mowbray is in charge next season then we won't just be flirting with a relegation battle, we'll be mired in one.... 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

How old is he?

Ossy, plus 100% (also plus whatever GX percentage, statistical percentage or any other bollocks percentage that may be appropriately applied by whoever!)

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

40 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Delusion , which is why Mowbray will still be here next season. Chinless wonders in Ewood.

I made a pact with this football club, I do not intend to break it under any circumstances. When my son is old enough he will be coming to Ewood regardless of what division we are in or who is managing the team. 

• Like 2