BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Derby - 6pm, Friday 16th

Very early thread - although proper match threads are no longer a thing - but with Prince Philip’s funeral now arranged, oddly, next Saturday at 3pm I’m wondering if the kick off time will change.

• K-Hod pinned this topic
5 hours ago, RoverDom said:

First they cancel Fridays episode of neighbours and now they're pissing about with kick off times. When will it end. 

That's nothing, they even cancelled Heart Radios Time Tunnel at 03:00am yesterday!

Only Rovers fans could want a Royal funeral moving to accommodate a dead rubber game they aren't attending or some cases watching anyway.  No wonder we are labelled hard to please 😂

They could cancel the season right now for all i care i think the sooner this one ends for everyone associated with Rovers the better. Everybody, fans, players, manager will benefit from a complete summer break from it.

As for the game i vaguely remember us playing Derby on about this date way back, think it was a good Friday. Great crowd, warm sunshine and turned in an unexpected barnstormer to win 3 or 4 one. Only remember it because it was on or the day after my birthday and they won. Seem to piss me off around then ever since.

Rovers  4   Derby  1

Armstrong 2, Gallagher, Dolan  ( he'll be rotated to start with Elliot again, seeing as our manager shites himself having more than one lively flair player in at once )

• Like 4

Other than the play off games, the one I always remember is Game B on here:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10456956.match-80s-blackburn-rovers/

It was my first full season watching Rovers & I was one of the 5,837 at Ewood that day. That game cemented Simon Garner's God like status for me, as an 8 year old I thought he was the best player in the world as I walked up Livesey Branch at full time.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only Rovers fans could want a Royal funeral moving to accommodate a dead rubber game they aren't attending or some cases watching anyway.  No wonder we are labelled hard to please 😂

I agree with most of the things you post mate but I think arranging it for 3pm on a Saturday afternoon when only 30 people will actually be attending it is a bit dim. 

And if you think it’s only Rovers fans that couldn’t give a toss about a 99 year old privileged man’s funeral you obviously didn’t hear the fireworks going off outside Celtic Park yesterday 😱

32 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10456956.match-80s-blackburn-rovers/

It was my first full season watching Rovers & I was one of the 5,837 at Ewood that day. That game cemented Simon Garner's God like status for me, as an 8 year old I thought he was the best player in the world as I walked up Livesey Branch at full time.

We’ll be back to gates of 5,837 before too long.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Used to go with my mate and his dad this was the first season we had ST's, 1 adult & 2 kids in Riverside seats.  Somehow though i or we contrived to miss that match. Night game maybe ?

I remember being chuffed the following Christmas though when i got the Guinness Book of records and Garners name was in it for 5 in a match.  Alongside people like Rush etc, was a big deal to a kid who was at school surrounded by plastic Liverpool and United fans. 

Still can't believe i didn't see it by typical of my luck !

• Like 1