BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Derby - 6pm, Friday 16th

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Genuinely couldn’t care less, road to nowhere 

Mowbray Out 

That's the real issue these days, TM has drained the enthusiasum out of us all.  I remembered about 6pm we were playing joined in the 1st half antics, started watching Rebels at half-time and have just now remembered we were playing again.  You couldn't have dragged me away from a match pre Moggasaraus Rex.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

That’s not Nyambe’s man for their goal! 

True. The guy scored from H-Bs territory as H-B had to go out wide to do Nyambe’s job while Nyambe didn’t do H-Bs job. The replay from behind the goal showed Nyambe staring out wide at the ball the whole time - he had no idea who was threatening the part of the pitch he should have been covering. Lack of situational awareness happens all the time with him IMO.

• Like 1

Phew.

Christ we needed that and I feared the worst after we went behind. Never see  such an uninterested team when they're facing the threat of relegation as in that first half. 

Harwood Bellis was excellent tonight, he is light years ahead of Branthwaite. Perhaps to be expected when City are so much better than Everton. Kaminski much more like himself after his poorest game for us last week.

Get Mowbray out the door now, pat him on the back for keeping us up (😒). Give a new manager a chance to see who he wants to hold onto in the few remaining games for next season.

Of all the teams below us I'd prefer Derby to go down, for purely selfish reasons- it's a shit away day and I want to go to the Ricoh at some point.

• Like 3

Very lucky at the end but I'm just relived to have got to 50 points which I think will guarantee safety this season.

Kaminski back on form to make some crucial saves. The defence with the exception of Harwood-Bellis was awful the left side pairing of Douglas and Branthwaite was an aberration but thankfully 2nd half Derby did seem to try and exploit it.

The midfield 3 of Travis, Holtby and Johnson were a disgrace and totally dominated by Shinnie all 3 of them looked unfit and uninterested. Rothwell when he came on was magnificent and totally changed the direction of the game. 

Elliott was poor tonight and I though the goalie should have done much better with his strike. A good header by Gallagher for the equaliser, what will it take for Mowbray to realise that he needs to be in the box for crosses all the time not just for set pieces. His work defensively when tracking back was awful. Armstrong although he didn't score caused their 2 centre backs no end of problems we really didn't get at them enough to many side ways and backwards passes instead of getting at them it wasn't until Rothwell came on that our first instinct was to go forward.

Derby played some decent stuff but the epitomised everything that is wrong with the modern football team. First goal given away by marking zonally and then not having anyone on the post. The second goal a big centre back whose clearly not comfortable on the ball trying to play his way out. They also lined up with no proper striker and despite having a lot of the ball didn't create much instead just passing sideways and backwards, it was only when they put an actually striker on and put the ball in the box that they looked like creating something. 

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

That's the real issue these days, TM has drained the enthusiasum out of us all.  I remembered about 6pm we were playing joined in the 1st half antics, started watching Rebels at half-time and have just now remembered we were playing again.  You couldn't have dragged me away from a match pre Moggasaraus Rex.

If Boring Tony gets the boot, I reckon the best person we could get in is Ainsworth, he'd be like a breath of fresh air

to Rovers' fans, the whole club would be given a huge lift with his enthusiasm for the job.

And he must have something about him, besides that, if he can get Wycombe Wanderers into the 2nd Division.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If it keeps us up, yes.

Flirting with relegation might have woken someone up either in the boardroom or in India that Mowbray needs to be sacked.

As it is, safety means we've got him for another season of agony

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A good header by Gallagher for the equaliser, what will it take for Mowbray to realise that he needs to be in the box for crosses all the time not just for set pieces.

A brain transplant.

• Like 2

Big clearcut needed - particularly in the management dugout. I personally think it will be a "mutual" parting of ways in thd summer. 

Lots of players out of contract and going back to parent clubs. Not sure that's a huge problem as most have shown they're not up to it. 1 good game in 5 for a lot of them. Elliot is the only one that will be missed hugely. 

Harv Elliott about the only sign of life on this team, and he goes back to Merseyside in 4 games. 

Even if Arma leaves, I believe we could score goals next season, with Gally up front, BB & Dolan on wings, a healthy Travis & JR-C, etc. 

IF the current manager leaves, and the right manager comes in. A big IF, there! 

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Big clearcut needed - particularly in the management dugout. I personally think it will be a "mutual" parting of ways in thd summer. 

Lots of players out of contract and going back to parent clubs. Not sure that's a huge problem as most have shown they're not up to it. 1 good game in 5 for a lot of them. Elliot is the only one that will be missed hugely. 

And Harwood-Bellis. Life saver tonight. Proper player. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Harv Elliott about the only sign of life on this team, and he goes back to Merseyside in 4 games. 

Even if Arma leavesI'd, I believe we could score goals next season, with Gally up front, BB & Dolan on wings, a healthy Travis & JR-C, etc. 

IF the current manager leaves, and the right manager comes in. A big IF, there! 

I'd add Chapman

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Then tweet about it. He's a professional footballer, having his wage paid by us. As above, one missed tackle and this ref will send him off.

Of all the things we have to moan about at the minute I wouldn’t put this very high up the list. We all laughed at the thought of  Simon Garner lifting his West Brom shirt to the Burnley fans after scoring to reveal a Rovers shirt and yet this is a much more serious issue. I say fair play to the lad. A very close friend of mine was in the Leppings Lane end in 1989 and still suffers trauma to this day because of what he witnessed. All avoidable. 
Who cares if a young lad got booked after scoring a goal and revealing a tribute shirt to an empty stand? Certainly not the families of the 96 and all the other affected people.

Context.  

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

How good did the pitch look this evening by the way, compared to the absolute bog it became. It does of course mean they won't bother relaying it now though (if they ever genuinely were going to). Hats off to the ground staff.

Well when you look at what we put on the pitch each week it should be in good condition. 

• Like 2