BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reda Khadra - in on loan

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A bit underwhelmed with him having so little senior experience, it is a stab in the dark really.

Goes without saying that I will judge on his performances in a Rovers shirt like anyone else.

Is this before he’s had a start in his preferred position or just ten minute sub appearances?

Not specifically something you would’ve said, but there’s a whole thread about a 19 year old player who was “woeful”, completely lacked “any talent” and didn’t even “look like a footballer” before he’d even started a game.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

A bit underwhelmed with him having so little senior experience, it is a stab in the dark really.

Goes without saying that I will judge on his performances in a Rovers shirt like anyone else.

who are you expecting? 

also isn't this like when loan players like Carter and Vale for their teams to develop them like last season?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

who are you expecting? 

also isn't this like when loan players like Carter and Vale for their teams to develop them like last season?

I think about any loan signing with no/minimal senior experience is a stab in the dark, hence why I am against the idea of getting 5 of such players on top of an already young squad.

It doesnt mean that he will be a poor signing, as Harwood Bellis and even Elliott proved, but there is no way that anyone can say that he is a good signing, I bet no one had heard of him this morning.

Assuming that we are fishing in the loan market for flair players, I would have liked someone like Morgan Rodgers who at least as proven his ability to score and assist at League 1 level. Tatith Chong is also an interesting one who has had loan spells abroad who has gone to Birmingham.

Anyone remember the Youtube video that did the rounds before we signed Shabani Nonda. He was like prime Goerge Weah on those.

Problem with Youtube videos is you don't have to sit through the 269 minutes of nothing before you eventually get to the 'highlight'.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Anyone remember the Youtube video that did the rounds before we signed Shabani Nonda. He was like prime Goerge Weah on those.

Problem with Youtube videos is you don't have to sit through the 269 minutes of nothing before you eventually get to the 'highlight'.

I thought Nonda was class! 

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/08/2021 at 12:12, chaddyrovers said:

Here some clips of our potential signing of Reda Khadra. No point posting these in the Summer transfer window so Why I used a separate thread

Looks like we are going to sign him, and I've got to be honest, the clips don't excite me about him that much. In particular, the first clip, where literally every single run he makes on it results in a loss of possession (or is cut off before we see what happens with the ball, as presumably it's a loss of possession). It's great that he can run with the ball like that, but if the end product is frequently a loss of possession I'm happier with Rothwell and Dolan. Or since we are talking 'wide' players, BB. We also brought in Poveda already, another player said to be similar to Dolan.

I don't see the need for us to loan two similar players to Dolan and continue to hold his development back at a critical stage. I'd rather we didn't bother with Khadra. Maybe he will turn out to be a corker, and obviously I want him to, but it seems like the stupidest area of the pitch to make another loan.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 5