BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

Just now, DE. said:

At least as a result of being ridiculously played as a false 9 by our idiot manager he managed to get off the pitch tonight before the real hammering began. 

True. But it's a small consolation. 

I mean what does a false 9 and a right back have in common? Totally different roles, different skills, different mentality. You need a certain nous for both positions, which he's hardly going to get shunted everywhere. And neither are his main position so it's all a stupid waste hampering his development. 

It's another cost of our stupidly thin squad. 

he actually looks relieved and pleased at the beginning as if he knows that's the end off the road for him and he's going to get sacked with a little golden handshake. https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/12459343/mowbray-we-suffered-tonight useless bs merchant

(prob just wishful thinking on my part!)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

Just like the owners, in my view. I fully believe that if Venky's were asked to apologise to the Rovers fans for the past 11 years they would say "what for?". They expect the fans to be grateful because they pay the bills every year.

Mowbray won't apologise because, for me, the 'stick' he has received on social media has bruised his ego to such an extent that he now doesn't give a stuff about the fans. We saw the sly dig he he had at the Rovers fans at Blackpool by bigging up the home fans. That day saw chants of "Mowbray, sort it out". There was another away game where he didn't acknowledge the fans. It's not a coincidence.

Before tonight's game he was going on about getting stick on social media if Mitrovic scores two or three. There's no doubt about it, fan comments have got to him. I'm convinced he is referring to this forum when he talks about stick. Personally, I don't think he gets as much criticism on FB/twitter etc as he does on here.

The club is a reflection of the owners. The 11 on the pitch, scared, gutless, no passion, no fight, no belief, is a reflection of Mowbray.

It's all out hatred right now.

7 minutes ago, broadsword said:

It doesn't matter does it, they sack him, they'll appoint some other clueless arse. Not only that, but given the toxic way they run the club, whoever it is, they'll be a morality-free zone

Yep. Who will interview any potential new managers? Waggott and Cheston? The fat Venky?  Do me a favour. The last ten years have been awful but I really feel there is worse to come.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

Just like the owners, in my view. I fully believe that if Venky's were asked to apologise to the Rovers fans for the past 11 years they would say "what for?". They expect the fans to be grateful because they pay the bills every year.

Mowbray won't apologise because, for me, the 'stick' he has received on social media has bruised his ego to such an extent that he now doesn't give a stuff about the fans. We saw the sly dig he he had at the Rovers fans at Blackpool by bigging up the home fans. That day saw chants of "Mowbray, sort it out". There was another away game where he didn't acknowledge the fans. It's not a coincidence.

Before tonight's game he was going on about getting stick on social media if Mitrovic scores two or three. There's no doubt about it, fan comments have got to him. I'm convinced he is referring to this forum when he talks about stick. Personally, I don't think he gets as much criticism on FB/twitter etc as he does on here.

The club is a reflection of the owners. The 11 on the pitch, scared, gutless, no passion, no fight, no belief, is a reflection of Mowbray.

Even with his lack of nous surely he shouldn't be surprised at getting stick after terrible runs and performances. A radical school of thought I know, especially round our way, but perhaps managers are viewed on their performance?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

As if you say nothing to your players after a shit show like that.

That's the difference between a winner like Warnock and a loser who thinks "what can we do?". In fact that's been the tone of Mowbray's tenure.

Yeah but when it’s your fault, what do you do.

He tried to play a formation we didn’t have the players to play. He had our right back marking the best striker in the league at a corner. It was horrible before the red card.

The red card has given them an excuse in a way for the absolute collapse, but make no mistake even if we had 11 we was going to get pummled, we was awful. Kaminski and Lenihan pumping it up field like Gallagher was playing, Johnson running in custard, Nyambe all over the place, Buckley in the one position he can’t use any of his attributes. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Wood26 said:

The red card has given them an excuse in a way for the absolute collapse, but make no mistake even if we had 11 we was going to get pummled, we was awful. 

Nah according to Mowbray we were giving them problems before the red card, despite being 2-0 down after 19 minutes 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

True. But it's a small consolation. 

I mean what does a false 9 and a right back have in common? Totally different roles, different skills, different mentality. You need a certain nous for both positions, which he's hardly going to get shunted everywhere. And neither are his main position so it's all a stupid waste hampering his development. 

It's another cost of our stupidly thin squad. 

Never forget, he's had Clarkson playing the false 9 role. TM obviously thinks he can just throw anyone in there. Just like pretty much every other role really. We've had Gallagher on the wing, at full back, midfielders playing in defence. Centre halfs playing full back. The guy has completely lost it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Might as well offer it to any moron then if that's your criteria

If you think passion is the same as being moronic I’d also take a pass on whatever criteria you would apply. Passion can get one a long way in life, especially in a leadership role. But yeah, I bet Wilder can’t wait to get here.

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Well things can only get better.

Do not be fooled by Fulhams quality or Mowbrays usual BS.  We started quite lively but couldn't string 2 passes together. Johnson is a liability and Rothwell was exposed as not being a center mid. Somethi g most of us already knew, the pair stank the place out first half.

Fulham literally strolled into the box twice and scored twice it was that easy they didn't break sweat. Rovers were dire as a side in terms of being solid and organized, everything you need to be in a game like this. 

Sending off killed it but i doubt we'd have had anything other than a 0-3 or 4 anyway.  What followed was a right clusterfuck. 

And what did the manager do ?  Yes that's right he stood there with his hands in his pockets.  Briefly hid on the bench when the 3rd went in but re-emerged when the crowd didn't turn. Then just stood there again hands in pockets not even the usual hands on head or shaking head.

The guy is a complete surrender monkey i really don't think either Kean or Coyle would've served that up tonight. Even with that side as good old give the boys mins Tony basically turned it into a complete embarrassment with his subs.

Seven, that's right SEVEN NIL at home.

What more evidence do some of our deluded Tony tub thumpers need that he's been having you over for 2 years now.

Excellent post but it is actually 3 years ...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Never forget, he's had Clarkson playing the false 9 role. TM obviously thinks he can just throw anyone in there. Just like pretty much every other role really. We've had Gallagher on the wing, at full back, midfielders playing in defence. Centre halfs playing full back. The guy has completely lost it.

Kinda like cryuff-era Netherlands, total football. Except their lads had been coached to play anywhere. Our lads presumably haven't been coached to play. Total arseball, perhaps

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

was you shouting mowbray out or something to that effect? if not then your hardly in a position to criticise but if you where then good on ya.

Nope. But of course I'm in position to criticise given that I am passionate Rovers fan who had been season ticket holder for over 20 years now 

16 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Agreed, but who else could of played? No one on that bench would of made a difference.

Play Brereton up front for one. 

• Like 1

Most of  us could've handled a three or four nil drubbing whether it be with 11 or 10.

That though was an abject embarrassment on all fronts it looked like it would be 0-4 by half time with a full side.

There are no excuses, non but this is a man who publicly stated more than once last season he was happy losing 0-1 every week, as long as we won the possession stats.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3