BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

swag is missing a trick not reducing prices for the preston game,if it was £20 and £15 concessions we`de have a 25000+ gate,north end would fill the darwen end and the place would be a rockin!!!,especially when big ben and dolan tear them a new one,we are due a win against them,for some reason every preston fan i know absolutely detests us,i don`t have any dislike for north end tbh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swag is missing a trick not reducing prices for the preston game,if it was £20 and £15 concessions we`de have a 25000+ gate,north end would fill the darwen end and the place would be a rockin!!!,especially when big ben and dolan tear them a new one,we are due a win against them,for some reason every preston fan i know absolutely detests us,i don`t have any dislike for north end tbh

It's jealousy from our glory days I think. We have been above them for a long time until recently, so we barely shot them a glance, but they resent the big neighbour next door and our time in the sun.

I didn't care about them either, but their jumped up fans have began to irritate me in recent years.

• Like 7

Watched the game back. We were excellent going forward, really incisive and clever with the ball. Devastating on the counter attack. But also we gave away a lot of simple opportunities to the blades. We could have scored six or seven but they could have scored three or four..... If they'd put one of the many opps they had away it would have been a different picture. So a fun game, but need to sort the defence out.

Formation wise it was interesting. We actually played more of a 442 which I've not really seen since we had Rhodes and Gestede. Buckley was pushed right up alongside Brereton. Think the Blades back three really struggled with it. I would like us to persist with it as it worked so well. Buckleys slight frame makes people thinks he's a push over but he competes physically very well. He must have won the ball back half a dozen times.

Anyway not sure we can read much into the result, but good to see both Khadra and Poveda perform. Travis looks back to his best which is huge for us. Wharton was great in the air, but struggled when balls were played in behind on the channel.

To me the new crown jewels are Buckley, Dolan and Travis who are all top players at this level. I like Edun also who looks to me like a top young player in the making.

Next game we should play exactly the same XI and see if it was just Sheff Utd being poor.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 5

Met a coach load Sheff U fans before the match at a pub in Ossy. I asked them if they were going to win and almost to a man said "Are we fuck. We're fucking shit". I said you remind me so much of Rovers fans who would say the same about ourselves. Made me giggle

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Watched the game back. We were excellent going forward, really incisive and clever with the ball. Devastating on the counter attack. But also we gave away a lot of simple opportunities to the blades. We could have scored six or seven but they could have scored three or four..... If they'd put one of the many opps they had away it would have been a different picture. So a fun game, but need to sort the defence out.

Formation wise it was interesting. We actually played more of a 442 which I've not really seen since we had Rhodes and Gestede. Buckley was pushed right up alongside Brereton. Think the Blades back three really struggled with it. I would like us to persist with it as it worked so well. Buckleys slight frame makes people thinks he's a push over but he competes physically very well. He must have won the ball back half a dozen times.

Anyway not sure we can read much into the result, but good to see both Khadra and Poveda perform. Travis looks back to his best which is huge for us. Wharton was great in the air, but struggled when balls were played in behind on the channel.

To me the new crown jewels are Buckley, Dolan and Travis who are all top players at this level. I like Edun also who looks to me like a top young player in the making.

Next game we should play exactly the same XI and see if it was just Sheff Utd being poor.

Having seen it back, what did you make of them getting in behind the defence on our left as much as they seemed to? I moved seats to the Jack Walker, so couldn't really be sure whether it was Edun's fault or whether he needed more help from Khadra. I think Khadra is the one attacking player who could justifiably be replaced against Bristol City to be honest. A bit harsh maybe, given his goal and strong second half performance, but I thought his game awareness & respect for possession was really poor until his equaliser. Different sort of player, but I was far more impressed with Poveda.

Your assessment is pretty much in line with how I saw it - best game I've seen in I don't know how long but it's not sustainable to concede as many chances as we did. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just some 12,500 home fans on Saturday,wouldn't go ranting and raving saying cheap tickets were a success.

That was our bog standard home attendance a couple of years ago.

Endless decline.

It was still a good idea, it's a start. Let's look to the future, not the past.

• Like 2

Almost 5,500 walk ons is excellent for us, especially as it wasn’t that cheap, still nearly £15 for a run of the mill second division game on a rainy November day.

That volume of ticket buyers is very seldom seen here, Ewood had always been a ST dominant crowd - the issue is that we’ve lost so many ST holders over the past 3/4 years is that even a big walk up doesn’t pull in a big crowd.

Now if we still had the 10k+ ST holders of that long and distant era of Gary Bowyer, we’d have seen a crowd well in advance of 20k on Saturday.

Lose ST holders, lose crowds. Simple.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just some 12,500 home fans on Saturday,wouldn't go ranting and raving saying cheap tickets were a success.

That was our bog standard home attendance a couple of years ago.

Endless decline.

They are the ones we need to get back first and foremost as that used to be the modern day hardcore.  Anything else is fantasy for a club going nowhere yet some of the expectations of our crowds you see from our own fans on social media is bonkers.

A lot really don't know the club very well going off what you read at times.

The decline needs addressing but it's almost like some are intent on managing it to suit their own level of ability.

• Like 2

On 07/11/2021 at 18:23, WIR Second Coming said:

A lot of managers getting the heave ho this week, even on the back of positive results - Colin Wanker and Farke two good examples. Shows other clubs have awareness, ambition and decisiveness at their core. Rovers, in the meantime, have Waggot, Mowbray, Venus, crap catering, dodgy dealings asset stripping the club for petty cash, players literally ready to walk for nothing, a total humiliation from a bang average competitor on their CVs and a stadium that is starting to look waay beyond its sell-by...

...And we sit on our hands and do feck all to make a change, or at least those in charge of the club do so...

Baffling. Predictable, but still Baffling

Which is why the lack of vision,strategy and direction still resides in Pune.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mhead2 said:

Which is why the lack of vision,strategy and direction still resides in Pune.

Or indeed, why there is zero appetite at local level for anything to change. 

Banjaxed by a bunch of morons. Stitched up like a kipper. Head firmly down the bog and wedged there till someone shits or gets off the goddamned pot .

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday
On 08/11/2021 at 10:53, tomphil said:

No matter how much you or others try to pin it on fans ...

Hang on a minute, I AM a fan so I'm not pinning it on anybody. It's just a statement of logic. A club without paying supports is dead. As long as the supporters live the club lives.

Taking an interest, looking for the scores on a Saturday night or talking about the club to mates over a pint ISN'T being a supporter.

Paying and showing up is.

I'm reminded of the discussion about the difference between being involved and being committed. Eggs and Bacon. The hens involved, the pigs committed

I'm a pig and always will be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Hang on a minute, I AM a fan so I'm not pinning it on anybody. It's just a statement of logic. A club without paying supports is dead. As long as the supporters live the club lives.

Taking an interest, looking for the scores on a Saturday night or talking about the club to mates over a pint ISN'T being a supporter.

Paying and showing up is.

I'm reminded of the discussion about the difference between being involved and being committed. Eggs and Bacon. The hens involved, the pigs committed

I'm a pig and always will be.

What about vegetarian bacon ?