BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Neil Warnock leaves Boro by mutual conscent.

Wilder replaces him....just a day after Warnocks departure.

I think that the Warnock replacement has been a done deal for a while. Why would you sack a manager after an away draw at one of the three top teams in the league 

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

I think that the Warnock replacement has been a done deal for a while. Why would you sack a manager after an away draw at one of the three top teams in the league 

Aye, Colin was all smiles and bonhomie on the mini feature dedicated to him on Quest EFL show last night. I suspect he was only ever really brought in to steady the ship whilst a real long term prospect was identified and brought in by their board.

I wouldn't bet against him surfacing somehow somewhere else, as he doesn't look or come across as being 73. Then again, I'm sure he has other interests...

Never seen him looking so relaxed and happy.

Goodbye Colin WANKER!! 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Is mowbray brave enough to play that starting eleven away from home ? Probably not he will be worrying about the opposition rather than giving the opposition something to worry about on the counter

We’ve got Bristol City away up next. Home form W1 D4 L3. Scored 6 goals. If we can’t go for it in this game when can we ?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve got Bristol City away up next. Home form W1 D4 L3. Scored 6 goals. If we can’t go for it in this game when can we ?

We are Blackburn Rovers. Struggling with your home/away/general form? Just give us a call.

Twas ever thus.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Lecture in loyalty? Ffs get a grip get a life and look forward. 6 points out of 9 is a good return despite the heavy loss and indeed its 3 wins out of 4.

You are a symptom of the negativity in and around some Rovers fans, yes it’s not all rosey but for gods sake look at it in a different way like others seem able to do and back the team. TM and SW are not BRFC, the club is much more than them.

In any case I didn’t lecture you I voiced my opinion 

I'm not negative, just realistic and consistent.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Well, it was more a guy running down the middle and having the ball played down the outside of him into the penalty area, he didn’t actually go anywhere near the touch line in that move. Not saying he didn’t play the touchline well at other times.

An interesting thought exercise is how do you put Rothwell into yesterday’s team and not make it worse? Drop Davenport and go back to having a soft centre? Drop one of Poveda and Khadre, both scorers? Drop Buckley - the heads-up brains?

I don't think we need to worry about that dilemma for much longer!!!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We have nothing to lose having a good go in most games but iv'e been saying that for 3 years. I just don't get why when you are in a good position you can't set up to cause the other side problems with your best formation etc.  Instead of tombolaing it all the time and worrying about stopping the other mediocre players.

No need for gung ho but we never do that anyway just get the key men in their best positions and go from there.

• Like 6

I can not remember when I last enjoyed a game at Eeood that much.  Fight hustle never giving up.  Some flair amd creativity mixed in Inwas.oroud to be a Rovers fan again.

As for Mowbary, I suggested it was upto the players to turn this around, to hell with ToMo.  OK Tony oicked the twam but I donfeel the way we played was the players themselves pulling up their socks.rather than direction from the boss.  I would live to think that this was the day the penny dropped and we are uowardly mobile from here on out.  Souness had a day like that, Lee had one, Kendall had one Inwould like to think, 4 years later, that yesterday was Mowbary's but the realist in me says he'll feel job done and revert to type for the next game.  Be great if we could out in that sort of performance every week.

I thiught we should have had a penalty too but it's denial.seemed.to galvanise the crowd and the players and really got things stirred up.  Khadra must have been told something at halftime cos he definately.was.better defensively 2nd half.  Well pleased all round.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

I've not read much on the game since Saturday so apologies if I'm raking over stuff that has already been discussed!

It was undoubtedly a very good win on Saturday, especially given our fragility on Wednesday and after conceeding so early in the game. My only concern is that the win papers over some huge cracks. We could have easily been several goals down before Khedra's deflected effort found the onion bag. The ball between the full backs and our centre halves seems to catch us out A LOT at the moment and needs to be looked at. I think we probably need Pickering back ASAP. Edun seems to drift inside to the centre of midfield and when we have very attacking wingers this means we get caught out.

I was really impressed though as soon as the confidence seemed to get back in to the side, we were aggressive in the tackle and strong in the air. Wharton grew massively as the game wore on and he and Lenihan seemed to when every header either pumped forward or crossed in to the box from corners or in play in the 2nd half. Wharton really could be our main stay man depending on how he recovers from his ACL injury long term.

Going forward we looked great and the 3 of Travis, Buckley and Davenport gave the centre of midfield a good balance. I thought Tombola got the call right with taking Rothwell out as the extra bite from Davenport was exactly what we needed. I really, really hope that we only recall Johnson back in to the side in absolutely dire circumstances. Davenport is certainly one we should persist with and develop further. Travis was also very good on the ball Saturday and he was perfect at ticking the ball over and played a lovely ball inside the full back for BBD's goal. Top class.

Last but absolutely not least was the atmosphere. Ewood felt great and the way the 2nd and 3rd goals were celebrated was unbelievable. Watching the 3rd goal and the noise generated was amazing. The relief, the ecstasy and the enthusiasm was all there. If we could somehow get that extra 4 - 5k on per week it will make a huge difference for the players and other supporters.

4 minutes ago, BigUts said:

If we could somehow get that extra 4 - 5k on per week it will make a huge difference for the players and other supporters.

Whatever the legitimacy of their position and however understandable their pain from the Venky/Mowbray axis some 'supporters' just revel in cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Backing from the terraces fires up the team,  fired up teams win matches, won matches promote teams, promoted teams earn pots of money, rich clubs survive.

Crappy attendance numbers will kill our club, simple as that. Whatever our take on the merits of the current regime please just get down to Ewood and show up when you're needed ie right now.

Your club needs you.

13 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I've not read much on the game since Saturday so apologies if I'm raking over stuff that has already been discussed!

It was undoubtedly a very good win on Saturday, especially given our fragility on Wednesday and after conceeding so early in the game. My only concern is that the win papers over some huge cracks. We could have easily been several goals down before Khedra's deflected effort found the onion bag. The ball between the full backs and our centre halves seems to catch us out A LOT at the moment and needs to be looked at. I think we probably need Pickering back ASAP. Edun seems to drift inside to the centre of midfield and when we have very attacking wingers this means we get caught out.

I was really impressed though as soon as the confidence seemed to get back in to the side, we were aggressive in the tackle and strong in the air. Wharton grew massively as the game wore on and he and Lenihan seemed to when every header either pumped forward or crossed in to the box from corners or in play in the 2nd half. Wharton really could be our main stay man depending on how he recovers from his ACL injury long term.

Going forward we looked great and the 3 of Travis, Buckley and Davenport gave the centre of midfield a good balance. I thought Tombola got the call right with taking Rothwell out as the extra bite from Davenport was exactly what we needed. I really, really hope that we only recall Johnson back in to the side in absolutely dire circumstances. Davenport is certainly one we should persist with and develop further. Travis was also very good on the ball Saturday and he was perfect at ticking the ball over and played a lovely ball inside the full back for BBD's goal. Top class.

Last but absolutely not least was the atmosphere. Ewood felt great and the way the 2nd and 3rd goals were celebrated was unbelievable. Watching the 3rd goal and the noise generated was amazing. The relief, the ecstasy and the enthusiasm was all there. If we could somehow get that extra 4 - 5k on per week it will make a huge difference for the players and other supporters.

The price of the tickets on Saturday, tells you all you need to know. Drop them for everyone, including season tickets and the stadium will be fuller. Plenty have said that we might as well make the same money on ticket sales, by attracting more at cheaper prices and have a better atmosphere, most weeks.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley played a key and crucial part in 2 of the 3 goals yesterday. 

I'm the first goal he played a brilliant switch of play from the right to left to Edun. 

Then winning the ball back and we scored from that for the third goal

I'm certainly slowly warming up to Buckley. Physique aside, his passing and vision for play is definitely the one of the best in the team (beside Rothwell). I definitely want him in the starting 11 now (in midfield, not right back) and he has earned it over the course of the season so far.

Credits when it's due. Well done Buckley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

I'm certainly slowly warming up to Buckley. Physique aside, his passing and vision for play is definitely the one of the best in the team (beside Rothwell). I definitely want him in the starting 11 now (in midfield, not right back) and he has earned it over the course of the season so far.

Credits when it's due. Well done Buckley.

Buckley's passing and vision is well ahead of Rothwell. Joe can make great long runs into the opponents (although he still hasn't worked out when to pass from them) and he is capable of some great passes but he rarely seems to be heavily involved. He can disappear from games for long periods. Buckley always seems to be involved and playing a range of passing from simple to ambitious. Whilst he's clearly not physically dominant he still frequently wins the ball, an example of his visio.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Whatever the legitimacy of their position and however understandable their pain from the Venky/Mowbray axis some 'supporters' just revel in cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Backing from the terraces fires up the team,  fired up teams win matches, won matches promote teams, promoted teams earn pots of money, rich clubs survive.

Crappy attendance numbers will kill our club, simple as that. Whatever our take on the merits of the current regime please just get down to Ewood and show up when you're needed ie right now.

Your club needs you.

Crappy running of the club, lack of communication, action, direction, ambition leads to disenchantment. Leads to apathy and leads to if they can't be arsed why should we, especially when you have a manager stood on the touchline shrugging his shoulders most weeks.

These things go hand in hand over a number of years and lead to crappy attendances. No matter how much you or others try to pin it on fans it ALL starts from the top. From the club itself it's their job to build things back up.

Supporters, however few or many and yes the owners (money) carry the club those in between get paid and mostly take from it.  Fans have to have something to believe and the club itself needs to wake up in order to wake up the fanbase.

Saturday was a good start it showed what can be done on BOTH sides.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lraC said:

The price of the tickets on Saturday, tells you all you need to know. Drop them for everyone, including season tickets and the stadium will be fuller. Plenty have said that we might as well make the same money on ticket sales, by attracting more at cheaper prices and have a better atmosphere, most weeks.

I agree whole heartedly!

3 hours ago, lraC said:

There were lessons to be learned from Saturday, but that was the biggest.

Waggot, you got it very wrong, make the prices affordable and people will come—-even after a 7-0 home drubbing!.

No home advantage without an atmosphere. Let’s get Ewood rocking again!

53 minutes ago, 47er said:

There were lessons to be learned from Saturday, but that was the biggest.

Waggot, you got it very wrong, make the prices affordable and people will come—-even after a 7-0 home drubbing!.

No home advantage without an atmosphere. Let’s get Ewood rocking again!

Absolutely correct. Fill the seats with knock on positive effects for drinks and food sales plus will add to locals too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The Sheffield fans were pretty quiet I thought, considering that had that many.

I was singing as loud as the next supporter ... oh, you mean the Sheffield United fans, not the Rovers fans from Sheffield 😉

Today is the first day since the lockdowns started I've missed being in an office 😄 

• Like 2