BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

People are entitled to an opinion. However, if you’re going to make such final comments about players both at Rovers and afar without much knowledge about them, you have to be prepared to take some flack. I was told to stop mentioning Stefan Mols…

I'm not looking to beat him with that player though just offering a level of balance, there is a bit of a difference. If makes bold statements about players then it is fine to question them.

To offer a level of balance, I know Sparks can be as guilty as most on here.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That depends how much of the money you have to spend and how well you spend it…if we’re gonna buy 4 x £5m players then is it so bad? (I don’t want to sell BBD btw)

Yes.

You don’t break up a winning side, a side challenging for promotion and if they do it’s season over for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Prepared to be disappointed 🙈

That's what I said! If you expect to sell Brereton for £25M and see Mowbray given £25M (or anything like it) to spend on players, you're going to be disappointed too!

• Like 1

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Have we made our first signing?

2C188094-6476-4174-9253-7A6A18C318E2.png

Please Please Please, I hope this Funky Drummer is The Boss!

There Was A Time we were Talkin' Loud And Sayin' Nothin', but Let's Make Christmas Mean Something This Year.

I Got A Feeling that It's A Man's World, and Papa Don't Take No Mess!

Blind Man Can See It, we Gotta Get Up Off That Thing, Give It Up and Turn It Loose! Make It Funky!

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

I’ve been thinking about this team and January and there’s a train of thought that says you don’t sell, OR sign anyone…here’s why.

The power of this team is this group. They’re not the most talented group in the league, nor the most expensively assembled. But they are a proper team. A group of individuals who clearly care about each other and the club. The prominence of the academy and U23’s players means many of them feel like brothers. There’s no factions or politics…the signed players are all fully bought in too.

Selling any key members of this team will destabilise it enough to derail our chances of automatic promotion, even if we find great replacements.

Similarly, any new signings have the ability to upset the group chemistry.

Though I do believe we need another forward or two. IF we  could get a Maja type in for that period when injuries and suspension bites and get 5-10 goals from them it would surely secure us with a place in the playoffs? Could Dack be this player though?

Huge month ahead. I’d be very happy to lose no one, sign no one and have Dack and JRC firing by Feb 1st.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ve been thinking about this team and January and there’s a train of thought that says you don’t sell, OR sign anyone…here’s why.

The power of this team is this group. They’re not the most talented group in the league, nor the most expensively assembled. But they are a proper team. A group of individuals who clearly care about each other and the club. The prominence of the academy and U23’s players means many of them feel like brothers. There’s no factions or politics…the signed players are all fully bought in too.

Selling any key members of this team will destabilise it enough to derail our chances of automatic promotion, even if we find great replacements.

Though I do believe we need another forward or two. IF we  could get a Maja type in for that period when injuries and suspension bites and get 5-10 goals from them it would surely secure us with a place in the playoffs? Could Dack be this player though?

Huge month ahead. I’d be very happy to lose no one, sign no one and have Dack and JRC firing by Feb 1st.

I three quarters agree with this, although my view is when we recruit, we should also be looking at values / character as well as ability, this should be standard in the modern age and to be fair to Tony and team, it feels like they usually get this bit right.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I mostly agree with you but I think you can sign the odd player e.g. cover at right back so long as they're the right personality and aware that they're not going to be starting every game. Bit like Liverpool did with that Greek lad at left back. Never going to be first choice ahead of Robertson but will get a chance with injuries and suspensions and has done a bloody good job when he has come in

• Like 4

I'd go along with the last few posts. The key thing, if at all possible, is not to sell anyone in this window. Not only would it weaken the team significantly, of itself, it would also quite possibly be a big blow to the confidence of the rest of the team.

I agree with @RoverDom that a good right back is needed to provide cover. And with @Paul Mani that another goal scoring striker will be very handy for the last 20-odd games. But the only other signings I would really want to see (and more so than the RB & Striker cover) is contract extensions for Rothwell, Nyambe and Brereton - and a cautious return to action for Dack. Conversely to the above, I suspect any of this would bring a further lift to a team already high on confidence.

• Like 2

We need to use the position we currently find ourselves in to get the lads believing in this club and signed to new deals. That would be my absolute priority. If we could get a decent young full back in and maybe an attacker, to fill the void left by poveda then I'd be more than happy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

We need to give up on JRC I think. He's too fragile. I really hope Dack can get back to the levels he is capable of mind you. 

• Like 2