BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (h) - 29/12/21

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I got absolute pelters for saying perhaps Armstrong was a bad apple, team spirit better now yep? Diaz more likeable? Also yep. Makes you think....

Always came across as a moody individual on the pitch,much more connection between the fans and Diaz...It's very noticeable.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:
8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I got absolute pelters for saying perhaps Armstrong was a bad apple, team spirit better now yep? Diaz more likeable? Also yep. Makes you think....

Also a side Dack could slide into. Could step in for Rothwell or Buckley…AA and Dack never got sorted. 

• Like 2

Apologies if this has been discussed, but where was Butterworth tonight? We really missed his control and energy from the bench. Our amazing run has been enhanced by the regular contributions of DB & BJ from the bench. I think Edun n Gally were much less of a controlling presence and offensive threat, which invited late Barnsley pressure. I agree Gally contributed defensively, and should have had his goal with that stinging shot. 

Barnsley played well apart from their desperation to gift us the ball. 

It should have been 4 - 1, we were feeding off the defensive mistakes they were making, which Buckley is perfect for, rather than creating good chances through controlled midfield passing. 

If we return to the clinical finishing, and cool, calm possession against Huddersfield, we'll be fine. 

Decent crowd tonight, and as has been mentioned, it would have been 16,000 without the Covid effect on both sets of fans. 

Edited by garnersfags

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Always came across as a moody individual on the pitch,much more connection between the fans and Diaz...It's very noticeable.

I'm sure you've played football at some level, watching someone bang a shot in every time they got the ball in regardless is annoying as hell ain't it? I've nothing at all against Armo and hope he does well its just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Liked that Callum Styles in midfeld...

28 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Would sign Styles in a heart beat  looks a good player that lad

I knew Callum back when he played at Bury, glad to see him getting praise on here. He was comfortably the best (Barnsley) player on the pitch. I've been a tad surprised to see him play as a LWB most of his Barnsley career but really impressed as a #10 tonight (where he was natural). Glad he skied that one at the end though.

And a genuinely nice lad as well. Would be pleased to have him in this squad. Would fit right in.

Random fun fact: Callum Styles and Dan Butterworth played in the same year for rival secondary schools in Middleton (Rochdale) back in the day. Think they are still friends.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I agree. I think the team dynamic is much better with Armstrong gone. He did well for us and I appreciate what he did in a Rovers shirt. However, it felt like it was a case of 'get the ball to Armstrong' for the past couple of seasons. A bit like Ronaldo at United, if he didn't get it he could go into a sulk and his shoot on sight policy must have began to grate.

Back to current matters, I bloody can't wait for the next game! COYB.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

Whilst our heads are turned expecting bids for Brereton, we need to make sure nobody steals Buckley.

He was outstanding tonight and has been for most of the season, another gem we must keep hold of.

Onwards and upwards.

Buckley’s touch first half was premiership class. What was it two assists too. 
Fades in the second half though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Just a quick shout out to a (small) minority of our "fans" who continue to be a skid mark to this club.

Antagonising away supporters into a brawl when women, children and older, more vulnerable people are trying to walk away from the ground and are being caught up in violence and even hit and knocked to the ground. Bravo.

Some of our younger male fans need  a good fucking slap banned until they can be trusted. It's embarrassing to be part of the same crowd as them.

Don't try and put all the blame the Barnsley fans either. They are just as bad, but away fans aren't throwing flares that almost set a cameraman on fire vs PNE, stealing corner flags and brawling with BRFC staff and fans in the BBE vs Birmingham, and they sure as shit ain't fighting themselves outside their coaches.

If you're part of that culture of fan, please SORT YOUR SHIT OUT AND GROW UP.

Did I see a few missiles being thrown at the Barnsley fans or was it my mince pies playing up?

Do that against a large following and said berks would be biting off more than they could chew!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

11 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Buckley’s touch first half was premiership class. What was it two assists too. 
Fades in the second half though.

To be fair he puts in a big shift closing down the defenders, no wonder he tires late on.

I was in the camp that doubted Buckley had the physicallity for this league but he's definitely proving me wrong.  Some sublime passes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JPTSwindon said:

Just need the crowds to creep upwards!

Just need Waggot to reduce his prices.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Only intrigued, but why? We’ve given them enough £ over the years. I don’t care who comes up with us! 

I picked Boro because they are currently on the up, like us. Could have been anyone other than Fulham, Bournemouth and WBA who are expected to go straight up.

You can’t help but love this team. Punching above their weight but they just keep winning!  Who knows where we can go this season. Such a likeable bunch. I never thought I’d be saying this but Tony really has done a phenomenal job this season. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joar said:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, no threat in behind with Gallagher. It was a bit stale before the substitution, but that change didn't help one bit

Edit: typo

Mine too, Tony back sliding?  Dolan for Khadra for me.

• Like 1

Leni,beck,ham.  He was superb tonight bar the typical rush of blood.  His distribution has been coming on for a few games, it works.  Tosinesque?  Buckley needs to work on shooting I think almost every shot he has is soft.  If he could get some velocity on em he might.score.  Inreally thought our goose was cooked when Gally came on bad choice by Miwbary but he got away with it.  Khadra can pull a rabbit out the hat at any moment. Gally?  well let's just think Tommy Cooper. RIP. 

We would have lost this in the past, hit the post rolls on the line comes out, they hit the post rolls on the line hits the other post and goes in at that moment I thought we are.not winning this.  Well done huge sigh of relief, don't meddle Tony. DO NOT START GALLAGHER against Hudds.

Just wanted to add, I wish we would let Khadra try corners again and PLEASE stop with the short ones unless we trying to kill the clock.

Edited by USABlue

2 hours ago, garnersfags said:

Apologies if this has been discussed, but where was Butterworth tonight? We really missed his control and energy from the bench. Our amazing run has been enhanced by the regular contributions of DB & BJ from the bench. I think Edun n Gally were much less of a controlling presence and offensive threat, which invited late Barnsley pressure. I agree Gally contributed defensively, and should have had his goal with that stinging shot. 

Barnsley played well apart from their desperation to gift us the ball. 

It should have been 4 - 1, we were feeding off the defensive mistakes they were making, which Buckley is perfect for, rather than creating good chances through controlled midfield passing. 

If we return to the clinical finishing, and cool, calm possession against Huddersfield, we'll be fine. 

Decent crowd tonight, and as has been mentioned, it would have been 16,000 without the Covid effect on both sets of fans. 

Butterworth a much better attacking option than Gally, imo. Gally is the superior defensive center winger however. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Say it quietly but with Fulham not playing till Monday we will be at least 2nd should we beat Huddersfield

May as well assume they score 1 with the nailed on Rhodes goal but we should have enough to overcome them 

Not long since we were excited at the prospect of entering the top 6 even for a couple of hours, now we have a 10 point buffer 

• Like 2