BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (h) - 29/12/21

10 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Through by the skin on our teeth

We need to move on from Travis and Gallagher. They are being carried by the others players

Travis has been ever present and really needs a rest, like Nyambe, I think. However, Johnson and Davenport aren't trusted to deputise. If not, then a DM will be needed in Jan.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

1pt off top. Insane. We've played six wins in a row and every game looked comfortably the better team

How have we done it? 

I know a lot of people will say "round pegs" - but is it really? Brereton wide left, Buckley false 9, Nyambe and Pickering in midfield. It's really quite an unusual setup which is the culmination of Mowbrays strange tactical innovations.

Non Rovers fans who have just woken up to us will be looking at the team we put out and thinking we have a tactical genius as a manager. Maybe they are right? It was just was a while in the oven.

It’s all because of the journey 👍

• Like 1

Absolutely massive three points. 

I genuinely thought the ridiculous postponement against Hull would be a real momentum stopper and they'd have a lot to answer for so we've done really well to get the three points.

Loving the ten point play off cushion having played a game more or not.

• Like 2

GET IN!!!! I’m not sure I’ve missed the last ten minutes nerves in the previous 5 games, but damn does it feel good at 90 minutes. 

Ben Brereton lost his Chilean passport late on and was minus the Diaz….

We nearly Mobrayed it with the Gally Sub, we should stick with what’s got us here, even if the game has gone a little flat. In our system, if only takes Khadra a moment to do something to create a chance. If fact he did just before the substiton, but I think Golden Bollocks Gally had already been told he’d play. Though, I loved the way he KO’d their goalie 😂

We could have saved ourselves all the nerves if we’d put away a few more of the chances first half, their goal was scruffy, but we got through it. 

Lenihan the last five mins! I think he heard he’d got another watch and won those headers with every bit of his body and soul. 

I love this set of players! Massive credit to the manager, but he has me anxious, like a Grandparent that is in good health, but you worry she is going to fleeced by a gypsy cold calling with sponges and tea towels for hundreds of pounds. He needs a good assistant, to chill him out and give him a brew and some cake(lemon drizzle?). 

☺️

• Like 5

In november I could never see us nearing Fulham after being trashed at home..... now we have the same points and we seem to grow in every game.... Barnsley are fighting for every points and they got points from some of the top sides lately. I would say this is a more trickery game than Hudds....now reload and get the focus on the next game. We could had scored some but we will keep them for the next game. Well done getting the points. 

Edited by neophox

Lenihan was absolutely incredible this evening, looked every bit the captain of a team on the up. Excellent distribution throughout.

Could definitely have been a banana skin and very pleased it didn’t end up being one.

No doubt they’ll have been glad of the rest but I suspect the jitters we saw had something to do with the Hull game, which must have really thrown the momentum. Hopeful that this result starts The Big Mo back up.

Travis does look a bit off his game, admittedly but I don’t think he’s ready to be discarded. Needs to work on his touches and decisions. Takes too many touches when he receives the ball and doesn’t keep the ball flowing. He can curb that and I hope he does because the rest of his game is important to us.

Anyone fancy a trip to Wembley end of May?!

• Like 4

Get in!! That puts more pressure on those around us in League. There have been a few "we would have blown this game last season" fixtures that we have overcome during this run. Their equaliser would have hurt us in the past, but not tonight. Something special seems to be happening here.

Diaz on 20 goals after looking so bad in his early days, it's unreal. The defence clicked into place. What a story this would be if we can see it through.

Swag, £60 walk on price for City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United? Count me in 😁.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Lovely, absolutely lovely. Missed chances a plenty, but who cares when we get the three points. 
Shout out to all the Barnsley fans booting off, that was tremendous entertainment!

What happened there? Saw a brief glimpse on the coverage but obviously not much shown.

10 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Lenihan was absolutely incredible this evening, looked every bit the captain of a team on the up. Excellent distribution throughout.

Could definitely have been a banana skin and very pleased it didn’t end up being one.

No doubt they’ll have been glad of the rest but I suspect the jitters we saw had something to do with the Hull game, which must have really thrown the momentum. Hopeful that this result starts The Big Mo back up.

Travis does look a bit off his game, admittedly but I don’t think he’s ready to be discarded. Needs to work on his touches and decisions. Takes too many touches when he receives the ball and doesn’t keep the ball flowing. He can curb that and I hope he does because the rest of his game is important to us.

Anyone fancy a trip to Wembley end of May?!

I think we can legitimately look to automatic promotion. Solid at the back, scoring freely,  and have a strong enough squad to handle injuries.

If I wasn't a rovers fan id be tipping us to get top 2.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 6

Tough game as expected although should have been another goal up at least before they snatched that one.

Looked like it was going to be one of those nights until BBD took matters into his own hands again. 

Didn't see the point of bringing Gallagher on at all we needed Dolan to come on and be busy. Touch of the old TM thee 2nd half imo, no knowing what to do but just doing something for the sake of getting players on. Scored just after first sub though so all is well.

There's a different feel to it all this season though, we'd easily have drawn or even lost a game like that in the past. I just wish the bloody crowd wouldn't get so nervous and quiet at times though. 3rd in the league, Christmas time, absolutely nothing to lose of get nervous about. 

People in the stands at the sides of the pitch get yourselves involved in the game, shout the team on for 90+5 not just after a goal !!!!!!

• Like 2

If that's a bad day where it doesn't klick 100% I can live with that ,could of been 5-0

Most of the team have no experience of winning/ pressure,  so those 11 days and the Hull false start must play a part . 

Many glass ceilings being broken.

Buckley just needs that confidence to finish, to be the cherry on top.

Roll on

Edited by slowmo