BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan (a), FA Cup 3rd Round, 8/1/21

We have to ensure that we deviate as little as possible from our tried and tested back 6 for the remainder of the season. We have little option but to use Edun over the next few games, and Ayala and Van Hecke can both only play in the middle. The Nyambe speculation needs putting to bed, and he needs to be playing. And some of our fans, particularly those on social media, need to stop being dicks.

Horrible showing against a poor, lower league team. Even on a real off day like today we’d have dispatched them with relative ease were it not for the worst goalkeeping display I have ever seen from a Rovers player.

• Like 3

If we are going to be successful this season we need to be lucky 🤞

We just don't have the same squad depth and resources as our competitors.

In the years following Jack Walkers passing ( prior Venkys ),  I always viewed us as the underdog and 👊 above our capacity , with shrewed acquisitions.

We need this now and ongoing.

If only the 5 mill previous spent on SG could have be spent on Khadra. Think he will become a excellent player. 

Reminds me a bit of Armstrong , but Khadra isn't up his own ass 

Whilst we can say it's not that important this season, I'm peed off that this is the fifth year running that we have seen a dismal cup exit. Throw in the rubbish runs in the Carabao Cup too and it reflects badly on Mowbray overall. The lack of a winning mentality, not being bothered about the cups, it filters through to the players. It's a problem as it's not bad luck or a one off if it keeps happening every year.

Today's defeat isn't all on him, he went with a stronger lineup than expected, it's largely down to a shocking goalkeeping performance in the second half. The worst I have ever seen from a Rovers keeper. What the heck was that second goal all about? I was waiting for the ref to blow for a foul or for a flag to go up. It was bizarre and took some time to accept what I had just seen.

The frustrating thing is we were comfortable up until their equaliser, only to stupidly throw it away. We definitely missed our first choice full backs and Lenihan's absence was felt in the second half.

Today shows how badly we can be affected by an injury or two, so we really need to address that this month. Just got to hope we bounce back next weekend to put this behind us as quick as we can as that bloody spiral needs to be stopped from resurfacing.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Throw in the rubbish runs in the Carabao Cup too and it reflects badly on Mowbray overall. The lack of a winning mentality, not being bothered about the cups, it filters through to the players. It's a problem as it's not bad luck or a one off if it keeps happening every year.

Today's defeat isn't all on him, he went with a stronger lineup than expected, it's largely down to a shocking goalkeeping performance in the second half. The worst I have ever seen from a Rovers keeper. What the heck was that second goal all about? I was waiting for the ref to blow for a foul or for a flag to go up. It was bizarre and took some time to accept what I had just seen.

Ya, I was saying something similar a few weeks ago.  .we never over achieve under Mogadon,  apart from the current good run, we never beat teams above us, we couldn't win the L1 which would be another honour to go down in history....never had an easier chance...always roll over for L2/L1 sides in both cups.....

On the whole a load of shit.

Of course if by a miracle we go up I still want him gone...

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ya, I was saying something similar a few weeks ago.  .we never over achieve under Mogadon,  apart from the current good run, we never beat teams above us, we couldn't win the L1 which would be another honour to go down in history....never had an easier chance...always roll over for L2/L1 sides in both cups.....

On the whole a load of shit.

Of course if by a miracle we go up I still want him gone...

Come on really ! I know life is shit sometimes but sometimes people need to try having a half full outlook,  positivity rubs off  and it all helps.

Worst case , hopefully top 6 ⬆️🙂😉.  

• Like 2

Sorry anyone can have a shocker but I’ve seen enough of this keeper to realise he isn’t going to cut the mustard here. Edun isn’t the answer to our LB problem and Johnson is finished here also. Poor displays from BB and Buckley didn’t help and Rothwell put in one of those infuriating games he put in from seasons gone by where one minute he looks the best player on the field by a mile but with no end product that split fan opinions of him. 
  Wigan where poor and the game should of been wrapped up and let’s be honest with a different keeper in we still would of scraped past them playing the way we did. I don’t want to murder the lad but he can’t play in goal for us again. People can say he kept two clean sheets in the other games but with little to do. Granted he made a couple of decent saves but I also saw some questionable positioning which didn’t cost us in those games  but it cost us at the end today. The first goal is bread and butter for keepers at this level and the second still hasn’t sunk in to even try and pick that apart. Send him on loan and people will soon realise his level. 
Anyway it’s a kick in the teeth but we have a sole focus now so let’s see what the rest of the season brings . 

Edited by Oldgregg86

The defeat today was entirely on the keeper. The things he got wrong were absolutely basic. Even the third goal was down to a piss poor attempt at dealing with a simple ball into the box.

He's got a lot of work to do. 

The strange thing is that he was solid in the league games he played in.

2 hours ago, slowmo said:

Personally I'm not too worried about going out

You won't have been worried for the last 5 years then!We have a long, proud history in the FA Cup.

Quite clear that TM doesn't give a stuff about it. A few thousand Rovers supporters waste their afternoon while he takes the piss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Quite clear that TM doesn't give a stuff about it. A few thousand Rovers supporters waste their afternoon while he takes the piss.

Come on 47er that isn't right, he played a strong team, stronger than most would have played, but we lost and we move on.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The defeat today was entirely on the keeper. The things he got wrong were absolutely basic. Even the third goal was down to a piss poor attempt at dealing with a simple ball into the box.

He's got a lot of work to do. 

The strange thing is that he was solid in the league games he played in.

He was solid in the first half today, but that was mainly due to the fact he had nothing to do

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

You won't have been worried for the last 5 years then!We have a long, proud history in the FA Cup.

He played a stronger team than most on here wanted to see. Can’t legislate for the individual mistakes made today. It’s a cheap shot to blame Mowbray considering the season we’ve had. Keep it in perspective.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He played half a team. I don’t get it. You either play the full first team or you play as many reserves as you can.

We have a threadbare squad Tyrone, he wanted to progress and respect the fans and competition, it’s not that hard to understand really. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Come on 47er that isn't right, he played a strong team, stronger than most would have played, but we lost and we move on.

Last 5 years don't lie Gav. Accept it was largely down to the keeper today but Dolan as a defender????

4 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s a cheap shot to blame Mowbray considering the season we’ve had. Keep it in perspective.

Yes----perspective . We haven't got past the first round (for us) in 5 years---that's perspective.

What happened to the thrill of the draw, waiting to see who you'd get in the next round, a team being inspired and lifted by a Cup run?

Some of the most exciting times we've had, occurred in Cup games. Not since TM rolled up.

I accept we are having a great season in the League by the way, just fret the we may have lost some momentum today.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

Last 5 years don't lie Gav. Accept it was largely down to the keeper today but Dolan as a defender????

It’s the modern way 47er, we’ve not taken the cup seriously for years, like most other clubs up and down the country, but today we played a side that should have won.

• Moderation Lead

The main concerns today are about injuries to key players, a return to playing players out of position (Dolan and Gallagher) and obviously, that fruity lad in goal. As long as these things are a one off, that’s sound, but especially if I see Pears in between the sticks in our colours again, we’ve all got every right to be very worried. Three conceded and he was at fault for all of them. It’s ruthless, but he should never play for this club again, it’s as simple as that.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

He was back to playing square pegs in round holes. When I first saw the team sheet I presumed Buckley was going to be used as a make-shift right back because of his previous experience there.

Moggadon has reverted to type. And he it was who signed his mate's son on a 4 year deal.

Mowbray Out!!   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yes----perspective . We haven't got past the first round (for us) in 5 years---that's perspective.

What happened to the thrill of the draw, waiting to see who you'd get in the next round, a team being inspired and lifted by a Cup run?

Some of the most exciting times we've had, occurred in Cup games. Not since TM rolled up.

I accept we are having a great season in the League by the way, just fret the we may have lost some momentum today.

I don’t necessarily disagree but today, to me, doesn’t show that TM disregards the competition. He named a strong side but was let down by a shocking keeper display. We’ve had other cup defeats which are far more painful to accept (Morcambe being one..). It’s disappointing and it’s fair to point out that our cup form under TM has been poor but we have so much more to play for this season.

I don’t know what else tony could do today. He named a strong team, limited them to a few pot shots and we scored two. The only blame at his door is picking pears but even I picked him to start today hoping he might be able to build from those two clean sheets and start showing why we gave him a four year deal because I believed they must see something every day in training I’m not seeing when he starts 

• Like 3

After the last 2 home games, I've had a niggly feeling that the team is creaking a little and is in need of a shot in the arm.

Today's game was perhaps a game too far, not helped by both the enforced and intentional changes, and highlighted what a paper thin squad we have.

The goalkeeper aside, Edun wasn't up to much at left wing back, Dolan is never in a million years a wing back, Johnson was terrible at CH, and we missed the balance that Wharton/Pickering give the back 5.

Now is the time for Mowbray and Park to earn their crust. We need at least 3 first teamers who can slot in - not more make shifts - or the season could start to fizzle.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, bazza said:

He was back to playing square pegs in round holes. When I first saw the team sheet I presumed Buckley was going to be used as a make-shift right back because of his previous experience there.

Moggadon has reverted to type. And he it was who signed his mate's son on a 4 year deal.

Mowbray Out!!   

Been on the Sherry bazza?

Console yourself by looking at the league table. 

18 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I don’t necessarily disagree but today, to me, doesn’t show that TM disregards the competition. He named a strong side but was let down by a shocking keeper display. We’ve had other cup defeats which are far more painful to accept (Morcambe being one..). It’s disappointing and it’s fair to point out that our cup form under TM has been poor but we have so much more to play for this season.

Can't disagree with that but remember many of us were very sceptical about that Pears signing at the time.