BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan (a), FA Cup 3rd Round, 8/1/21

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

so you`de put him in again if kaminski was unavailable??

Of course I would, he's been excellent when called upon, bad day at the office today, like the team had against Fulham, look at us now.

Posters have been looking for a reason to be proven right, Pears has just given them that platform for a week or so.

Mowbray will be next on the hit list, you watch.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I played in my School first teams from age 11 and then amateur football so probably a 25 year period in all and I never saw a goal like that ''walk-in''.

Saw some howlers but nothing as bad as that.

The fans at Wigan saw a bit of history and will probably not see the likes again .......

The pain is eased a bit with Burnley and Newcastle losing.

I've seen keepers stumble but they usually drop/throw the ball to give the defense a chance of clearing. Pears casually moonwalked into the net.

4 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

In isolation not a disaster, other team's losing games they shouldn't so we're not on our own. Also sounds like if Kaminski was in goal we win the game. The key however, will be our next league game and putting this one behind us. 

Kaminski would have saved 2 most certainly and maybe all 3. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Of course I would, he's been excellent when called upon.

Posters have been looking for a reason to be proven right, Pears has just given them that platform for a week or so.

Mowbray will be next.

I can't see anyway back for Pears after a horror show like that.

A bit of a worry as we're now having to consider whether we need another keeper and we have enough headaches already with the out of contract 3 and considering who else we need to bring in to bolster the squad in general.

• Like 1

Normally, there's nothing I like more than a cup run. However, with a smaller squad this year and being smack into promotion chase, if ever there was a time to depart at the first hurdle, this season was the time.

Critical how we respond in our next game. We win that to keep our push going...nobody will remember the FA Cup then. 

• Like 2

A tough manager would tell Pears to find a new club. He's let his team-mates, the club and the fans down. There's no excuse for a pro to make basic errors like that

Will Mowbray do it? Unlikely. He's so perverse he'll probably pick him for the next match

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Special mention to the mindless thugs amongst our following chucking several bottles onto the pitch at our own players (Pears) and at the ball-boys at the end of the match as well as their players celebrating the goals. Scum.

Not surprising. We've always had a thuggish element. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dumper Endean said:

Worst performance from a Rovers goalkeeper that I have seen, also the length of contract Pears has is a disgrace. This embarrassing defeat in front of a really good away following is completely down to Pears.

John Butcher had a few days .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Special mention to the mindless thugs amongst our following chucking several bottles onto the pitch at our own players (Pears) and at the ball-boys at the end of the match as well as their players celebrating the goals. Scum.

There is some real utter fuktards following our team they all need a good hiding 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why is Mowbray seemingly incapable of winning a Cup tie - even one against a side from a Division or 2 below us?

It can only boil down to attitude, whilst ostensibly he has picked a decent looking side today he obviously doesn't care about the Cups and this attitude transmits itself to the players.

If we somehow gain promotion no-one will care less. However if we don't and we collapse to mid table in the remainder of the season I will maintain my stance that he is a poor manager and that he is paid to manage us in 3 competitions and not just one.

I didn t realise Mowbray was in the sticks Rev ..ridiculous statement.

That team was a lot stronger than people on here even wanted him to play !