BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan (a), FA Cup 3rd Round, 8/1/21

4 hours ago, rigger said:

He was solid in the first half today, but that was mainly due to the fact he had nothing to do

I don't think it's a lack of ability, it's the mental side of the game that he needs to sort out. Decision making and having the confidence needed to command the area.

He’s still young so hopefully he can take this game in his stride and learn from the mistakes. 

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I don’t necessarily disagree but today, to me, doesn’t show that TM disregards the competition. He named a strong side but was let down by a shocking keeper display. We’ve had other cup defeats which are far more painful to accept (Morcambe being one..). It’s disappointing and it’s fair to point out that our cup form under TM has been poor but we have so much more to play for this season.

Problem is if we don't get into the top two spots at the end of the season, we face three "cup ties" to gain promotion, on recent cup records I'm not confident are you?

• Like 1

Mowbray: “We lost disappointing goals and nobody needs to tell Aynsley about that''

Unreal. 

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Problem is if we don't get into the top two spots at the end of the season, we face three "cup ties" to gain promotion, on recent cup records I'm not confident are you?

There is not a cat in hells chance of us finishing top 2.

We do currently have a chance of being in the lottery.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Listen to yourself, talking about top 2 and playoffs, many predicted relegation this season perth!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gav said:

Listen to yourself, talking about top 2 and playoffs, many predicted relegation this season perth!

Well I certainly thought we'd be involved in a relegation fight at one point! Great to be wrong!

Not even TM could get us relegated from here. (could he?)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

True but I had no confidence that we’d be in the top half of the league come the turn of the year. The fact that we have a realistic shot at the promotion is remarkable given where we were in August. 

I’m going to enjoy the ride for what it is. Promotion would still be a massive bonus given our squad depth. If we can make the play offs, that would be a huge achievement.

• Like 1

Think yesterday just demonstrated how important Lenihan is to our defence which totally protected Pears in the first half. For me Pears needs to go out on loan for match day experience so he can make these mistakes elsewhere and learn not at our cost.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Well I certainly thought we'd be involved in a relegation fight at one point! Great to be wrong!

Not even TM could get us relegated from here. (could he?)

Newton's third law : For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Could that be applied to Mowbray with a vastly better run of good form than anyone was expecting could it also mean the eventual and inevitable death spiral will be worse than ever seen before.

16 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Newton's third law : For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Could that be applied to Mowbray with a vastly better run of good form than anyone was expecting could it also mean the eventual and inevitable death spiral will be worse than ever seen before.

Delicious!

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I can hear the line now.. "can you believe this lot were 2nd in the league in January". If we end up outside the play-offs it will be a absolute fucking disaster.

For now though I remain positive that it was a blip and with a different keeper we win that game. All eyes to Cardiff next Saturday 

Looked ropey against Barnsley and then against Huddersfield last week. We were due a loss and I just hope the reaction is as good as the Fulham one last time. Surprised how strong of a team he named to be fair and I think it definitely shows a need for some reinforcements now. Hopefully we can get a couple of players in don't want the wheels to fall off.

16 hours ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Special mention to the mindless thugs amongst our following chucking several bottles onto the pitch at our own players (Pears) and at the ball-boys at the end of the match as well as their players celebrating the goals. Scum.

Could not believe how many morons were there following Rovers. Lads behind me spent most of the game trying to smash up seats. Not seen that before. 

10 minutes ago, Scutdog said:

Could not believe how many morons were there following Rovers. Lads behind me spent most of the game trying to smash up seats. Not seen that before. 

The fuktards throwing stuff as well🤬🤬🤌🏻🤌🏻 They are just a set of wankers if you ask me. I mean the lad in front of me must have been 25 and he threw a bottle towards the Wigan players after their second goal 🤬

17 minutes ago, Scutdog said:

Always had them for away games in a 30 miles radius. Those types seem to be priced out or disinterested once get matches out of the north west.

Cheap tickets = a day out on the vodka and charlie for Blackburns unwashed they aren't there to support 'their' team. Seen it there before and what's laughable is seeing them run away from a dozen Wigan fans outside.

Sorry did i say laughable, i meant embarrassing.

• Like 5

My cousin lives in the US, he came home for the first time in three years over Christmas. He went to Hull and couldn’t believe just how much coke was being snorted. On the coach, in every pub toilet etc etc. Been the case for a while, obviously, but seems to be absolutely everywhere now. It was half the reason for the Wembley madness in the summer…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I don't think it's a lack of ability, it's the mental side of the game that he needs to sort out. Decision making and having the confidence needed to command the area.

He’s still young so hopefully he can take this game in his stride and learn from the mistakes. 

You say Pears's problems are not a lack of ability. I would say, decision making and command of the box are two fundamental abilities of a good keeper. Sat on a bench, is probably his best position.

Edited by rigger