BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan (a), FA Cup 3rd Round, 8/1/21

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:
4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I saw that crap live on our first colour TV.

Fortunately at age 18 I was having a mind distracting time with a lovely girl from East Kilbride over on hols. I still remember her name as I do that game.

I work for the East Kilbride Housing Association. When I started there several years ago they did a feature on me in the tenant newsletter. One of the things about me that became obvious was that I am a massive Blackburn Rovers fan and an older lady tenant contacted me to say that she had fond memories of a Blackburn Rovers fan from years ago who “wooed” her.  It couldn’t be you could it? Her initials (now)are ER 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, booth said:

They look like a team a bit tired and in need of a freshen up. Maybe it's pressure and nerves? Or could it be complacency setting in and expecting the 3 points without putting in the necessary effort? Reinforcements will hopefully give them a bit of a gee up. It'll be such a shame if they mess this up.

One thing is for sure, we badly missed Nyambe, Wharton Pickering and Kaminski - and Dolan shouldn't play wing back again.

Don't worry Tony will freshen it up and there lies the end of any promotion aspirations.  We have seen his absurd decisions in one game, I fear after that loss he will feel a need to fix it.  Gallagher will be forced in again.  Khadra did more in 3 minutes than Gally did all game.  Dolan defending, give me a break.  Death spiral is going to start and in 10 games we will all be wondering how the hell we managed to get such a lofty perch.

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Don't worry Tony will freshen it up and there lies the end of any promotion aspirations.  We have seen his absurd decisions in one game, I fear after that loss he will feel a need to fix it.  Gallagher will be forced in again.  Khadra did more in 3 minutes than Gally did all game.  Dolan defending, give me a break.  Death spiral is going to start and in 10 games we will all be wondering how the hell we managed to get such a lofty perch.

Gally was only on for the first 30 miutes or so.

Just seen the LT player ratings.

Pears got a 4, somehow. Dolan, Johnson and Gallagher got 5. Now I'm not saying any of those three had a good game (in Dolan's case he was given an unfair ask) but that they only scored 1 higher than quite possibly the worst goalkeeping performance I've seen for us?

In and of itself, 4 is disgustingly high for how he played. If a goalie ever deserved a 1, it was him. Wigan only had 2 shots on target and scored 3 goals!! The first was very poor from him, the second was an abomination and you can even argue he should have done better for the third (I'll let that one slide, personally). What exactly did he do to earn any marks above the minimum 1 out of 10 ?! You have to do something positive to earn marks ffs, all he did was single handedly cost us the game. Or double handedly in the case of the second goal!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Pears got a 4, somehow. Dolan, Johnson and Gallagher got 5. Now I'm not saying any of those three had a good game (in Dolan's case he was given an unfair ask) but that they only scored 1 higher than quite possibly the worst goalkeeping performance I've seen for us?

In and of itself, 4 is disgustingly high for how he played. If a goalie ever deserved a 1, it was him. Wigan only had 2 shots on target and scored 3 goals!! The first was very poor from him, the second was an abomination and you can even argue he should have done better for the third (I'll let that one slide, personally). What exactly did he do to earn any marks above the minimum 1 out of 10 ?! You have to do something positive to earn marks ffs, all he did was single handedly cost us the game. Or double handedly in the case of the second goal!

Similar nonsense in Lancs Live ratings where Crooke gave Pears a 3. He did go on to say it was the lowest rating he had ever given.

I would object to a 1 , unless you get a 1 for putting boots on the correct feet.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, USABlue said:

This is why we have to pray we get some quality in so when the inevitable starts there's still enough about the squad to keep getting results.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The lad made 3 mistakes, albeit very costly ones, but let’s not pretend that every other player out there didn’t make at least that many… at one point just after the equaliser Johnson gave the ball away 3 times in the space of about 30 seconds, BBD chose to try and go it alone instead of releasing a teammate in a better position 2 or 3 times, Rothwell similarly

I know Pear’s’ mistakes were different in that they led to goals, but that’s the nature of the keeper position, and I know that we’re all frustrated with him (although I imagine he’s just as disappointed/upset with himself as we are - he looked close to tears at the end of the game), but let’s not pretend that everything he did was bad or wrong. 3/10 seems like a fair enough score to me - and plus, I don’t really see what it achieve to give him 1 or 0 - it’s not like he’s going to be thinking he did ok out there because some journo gave him 3 or 4 out of 10 is it?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, USABlue said:

F*** me, what a ridiculous over-reaction. 
Tony made a small number of changes in a game which, in the context of our season, is pretty meaningless (I wanted us to win, because I always want us to win, but I’m not exactly upset that we lost) and, as one of those who spent time and money going to watch the game, I was actually disappointed that he didn’t make more - I expected to see Butterworth start (I also expected to see Davenport and Carter but covid/injury put paid to that), plus I hoped we might see Garrett get at least 30 mins or so. 

And other than changing the keeper (and pretty much every championship and prem team played their 2nd keeper this weekend) none of the changes cost us the game. You mention Dolan, his defending was ok for the most part, weirdly it was going forward where he seemed to struggle, but his inclusion at rwb didn’t cost us the game, nor did Ayala, Gallagher or Edun. For 60 minutes we were comfortably in charge of the match and then Pears made a mistake and subsequently lost his head and forgot how to play football for the rest of the game. Barring injury, Kaminski will be back in goal for the remainder of the season and, in the long-run, I suspect losing this game will be more of a blessing than anything else. 

24 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

The lad made 3 mistakes, albeit very costly ones, but let’s not pretend that every other player out there didn’t make at least that many… at one point just after the equaliser Johnson gave the ball away 3 times in the space of about 30 seconds, BBD chose to try and go it alone instead of releasing a teammate in a better position 2 or 3 times, Rothwell similarly

I know Pear’s’ mistakes were different in that they led to goals, but that’s the nature of the keeper position, and I know that we’re all frustrated with him (although I imagine he’s just as disappointed/upset with himself as we are - he looked close to tears at the end of the game), but let’s not pretend that everything he did was bad or wrong. 3/10 seems like a fair enough score to me - and plus, I don’t really see what it achieve to give him 1 or 0 - it’s not like he’s going to be thinking he did ok out there because some journo gave him 3 or 4 out of 10 is it?

I've never seen a keeper take it over the line like that. Not Steele, Fettis, Walton all of whom were terrible keepers. A mistake of that level is inexcusable. Like driving with your eyes closed level of stupid. 

• Like 1

Pears could have been given a minus 4 and it would still have been too high. I’ve seen goalkeepers make howlers but those 3 and the 2nd in particular were inexcusable. I’ve never seen a professional keeper virtually throw the ball in the net like that. He has some ability but obviously a poor temperament. We need a better No 2 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Similar nonsense in Lancs Live ratings where Crooke gave Pears a 3. He did go on to say it was the lowest rating he had ever given.

I would object to a 1 , unless you get a 1 for putting boots on the correct feet.

You surely have to do at least one constructive thing unless the ball never came near you, in order to score above a 1. He had 2 saves to make, and still conceded 3 goals. I'm more than comfortable saying he deserved a 1. Unless he successfully caught a cross or two and I'm forgetting, in which case maybe a 2, so what has he done to earn any extra points?

2 hours ago, DaveyB said:

Obviously other players made mistakes, every player does in nearly every game. But that's because they're in the play more and have more opportunities to make mistakes. If any of the others made a mistake every time the ball came their way I'd agree, but Pears was in a class of his own on Saturday and in no fucking way deserves to score only 1 point lower than any other player on the pitch. I repeat, 2 shots on target, but 3 goals. Everything he did of relevance was bad or wrong, yes. Maybe he collected a pass in plenty of space or something and didn't slam it into the back of our net, congratulations to him. You don't get points for that.

It's not about what it 'achieves' to give him a 1, as you put it. It's about reflecting how he did on the pitch, which was above and beyond atrocious. I pretty much can't think of a way he could have been worse, beyond intentionally sabotaging us as above. Even if he had been paid to throw the match he couldn't have done any worse without arousing extreme suspicion.

There was some truly moronic behaviour from our "fans" on Saturday. There was a lot of booing around me when both teams were taking the knee. I know there has always been a few who have booed at Ewood but that's generally been drowned out by applause.

At half time coming out of the gents my son and I got a full pint of beer on our heads.

The moronic fans are always prominent at our local away games and especially if the tickets are cheap.

After the game waiting to get out of the car park I saw police chase, catch and thump a couple of fans. I've no idea what they have done but they were certainly resisting a chat. In fairness they could have been Wigan fans as no colours - I was parked in the big car park behind the Boston stand as it's quicker to get out of than the away car park.

43 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There was some truly moronic behaviour from our "fans" on Saturday. There was a lot of booing around me when both teams were taking the knee. I know there has always been a few who have booed at Ewood but that's generally been drowned out by applause.

At half time coming out of the gents my son and I got a full pint of beer on our heads.

The moronic fans are always prominent at our local away games and especially if the tickets are cheap.

After the game waiting to get out of the car park I saw police chase, catch and thump a couple of fans. I've no idea what they have done but they were certainly resisting a chat. In fairness they could have been Wigan fans as no colours - I was parked in the big car park behind the Boston stand as it's quicker to get out of than the away car park.

I have learned over the years to try and avoid any concourses particularly at half time in games where we have a big following. The childish throwing of beer and boorish behaviour is really pathetic. On Saturday I insisted to my granddaughter that she use the toilet as we entered the ground as the concourse becomes a dangerous place at half time. I watched on Saturday as some of the low lifes started making their way to the concourse fifteen minutes before half time. And the surprising thing is that not all these are spotty little adolescents. 

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have learned over the years to try and avoid any concourses particularly at half time in games where we have a big following. The childish throwing of beer and boorish behaviour is really pathetic. On Saturday I insisted to my granddaughter that she use the toilet as we entered the ground as the concourse becomes a dangerous place at half time. I watched on Saturday as some of the low lifes started making their way to the concourse fifteen minutes before half time. And the surprising thing is that not all these are spotty little adolescents. 

A good idea arbitro but not very practical for us on Saturday, having spent an hour and three pints in Wigan Central before the game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

shocking behaviour by some of our fans is that. 

I avoid the concourse at half time or even before the game. Far too crowd for me and 

I was still home at 6.30pm after parking on the away car park and waited until most of the cars had gone before setting of home. 

10 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Heard a rumour they handed him his termination notice to sign but he fumbled it and it flew out the office window and it got stuck up a tree, so he's on the bench on Saturday, lucky lad..

The thing is, that second goal won't even make a bloopers tape, as it wasn't even funny, it was just unbelievable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

A good idea arbitro but not very practical for us on Saturday, having spent an hour and three pints in Wigan Central before the game!

Did you sample the Oakham Ales Mr Hyde @6.5% cracking stuff. Think Pears had a keg full.

• Like 1