BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff (a) - 15/1/22 - 12.30pm kick off

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What do you think will be different? That has basically been the team in the league for a while apart from the enforced change on the left.

You never know with Mowbray. Ayala back in at centre half. JRC at right or left wing back. Gallagher on the right instead of Khadra

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

They say a leopard never changes his spots but in this instance i can't see Mowbray moving away from a winning formula and start to tinker with the team that has done so well for him.

I wanted him gone and still feel he is an average manager but a lot of credit has to go to him this season for coming up with a formula that has put us right in the mix for automatic promotion.

9 hours ago, Gav said:

Two games coming up in South Wales over the next few weeks, never easy places to go as a player or a fan. If we can take 4 points from those 2 game I'd be extremely happy.

Cardiff 1 Rovers 2

Hopefully we are helped by the fact they can't have fans in the stadium.  

Difficult game on Saturday, with last week's ignominious (if somewhat predictable) exit from 't Cup still fresh in the memory.

I hope TM has the sense to revert as far as possible to the winning formula that has served us so well since the Fulham debacle. Even with the enforced changes, we should have the nucleus of a decent side, and combined with the new found resolve and the return of the ice-man in goal, I would hope we have enough in the tank to return at least a point from Cardiff.

This is the acid-test, ladies and gentlemen. Win this and we continue to believe. Draw and we won't lose our faith. Lose, and maybe, just maybe the wobble sets in.... Hedging my bets here... 1-1 Rothwell screamer rescues a point..

COYB!! 

More of this kind of approach, please 🙂

GOOOOOAAAALLLL!!.jpg

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Show us what's in the tank, boys!
  • Like 5

REALLY looking forward to this one for some reason. Been checking the table at least once a day the past week just to put a stupid grin on my face. Loving it! Long may it continue!

What I think will be important to keep to good days going:

- Lenihan has easily become our MVP. Stepped up as captain and all of sudden delivering Tugay-esque passes in game after game. Also solid while defending and I think he has gotten better at defensive headers.

- Kaminsky should be the new normal for keepers good enough for Rovers. Pears had a dreadful night against Wigan, but I firmly believe that even on a good night he is no match for Kaminsky. His presence and ability with his feet makes him an integral part of our defensive line.

- Buckley has also proven integral to our good run. Still think he is a bit lightweight, but more than pulls his weight. He also does a bit of running that frees up space for our attackers and whenever he is subbed we often just fizzle out. 

- I hope Gallagher would stay injury-free despite not thinking much of him. I think internal competition for those 3 places up top has done these players a world of good. It looks like there is more harmony in the front line and thus Brereton Diaz keeps scoring like it`s nothing.

Just hope Tony will keep the 3-5-2 setup and not change a winning team. COYB!

• Like 3

On 13/01/2022 at 13:54, roversfan99 said:

Team surely picks itself:

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Nyambe Travis Rothwell Edun

Buckley

Khadra Brereton

Subs: Any keeper, Ayala, Rankin Costello, Dolan, Gallagher, Johnson, Davenport

Think that's the team that will play. Have to say while Edun looks a useful central player on the left he gets caught out.

It could disrupt the system quite a lot I think if he can't sort out his defensive positioning.

Bit nervous about this one I must admit.

We weren't amazing against Huddersfield, albeit against tough opposition. We were poor last week albeit missing a few key personnel and a goalkeeper included who seemed intent on gifting Wigan the game. Highly doubtful We lost that game had Kaminski played.

But we move on, and we really could do with getting back to winning ways.

Cardiff have a dreadful home record this season, winning just 2 league games all season and one of them was way back in August, just the 1 draw which again was back in August. 

We really need 3 points here and at least 1 from Hull midweek I think, no way we'll get maximum points in a nightmare run of fixtures in Feb. 

Despite the nerves I'll got for a 2-0 Rovers win, Kaminski to save a penalty. 

On 13/01/2022 at 11:23, Gav said:

Two games coming up in South Wales over the next few weeks, never easy places to go as a player or a fan. If we can take 4 points from those 2 game I'd be extremely happy.

Cardiff 1 Rovers 2

What a load of old bollox, go hard or go home....

Cardiff 1 Rovers 3

• Like 3

Very simple situation to guarantee play-offs now. Don't concede goals, pick up draws away and win the home games. 27/28 points needed for 6th I reckon. Not much out of 21 games. Scott Wharton should be back, he was at the U23's game so clearly out of isolation.

14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Very simple situation to guarantee play-offs now. Don't concede goals, pick up draws away and win the home games. 27/28 points needed for 6th I reckon. Not much out of 21 games. Scott Wharton should be back, he was at the U23's game so clearly out of isolation.

Bollocks to that we have to aim to win every game and try and crack the top two.

I think it's unlikely we'll get automatic but you never know and if we fall just short then the play offs will have to do.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Clean sheets is the way to go, absolutely. We can undoubtedly score and the suitability of this system to our players is apparent as chances are created. The key for me though is keeping the back three fit particularly Scott Wharton. The balance of a back three is critical and Wharton as a natural left footer is so important to that.

• Like 1

Our biggest game of the season so far.

Lost a bit of momentum IMO so could do with another 'spark'. A solid win or last minute draw will give us that self belief again.

I seem to remember against Sheff Utd it was a crunching tackle from Travis. 

Got a good feeling though. Cardiff are no great shakes and we should do well.

CC 0 - 2 Rovers

Van Hecke '42, Khadra '57

COYB!