BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

possible,more likely the ref is complete drip,obsessed with elf and safety and can`t think for himself,he gets the final say so it`s his decision,like i said,it`s a right result for us,we are not exactly ripping it up at the moment

Maybe santa can get his elves to help

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Football people don't care about supporters.  We are an inconvenience to them. Millwall fans Travelling all the way from London Just to be told to go home.  Sickening 

A sentence not many fans have ever uttered but I feel tremendously sorry for millwall fans. It’s not as if there’s anything to do in Blackburn either. Barely a pub and naff all else to do. 

• Like 7

• Backroom
1 minute ago, matt83 said:

A sentence not many fans have ever uttered but I feel tremendously sorry for millwall fans. It’s not as if there’s anything to do in Blackburn either. Barely a pub and naff all else to do. 

I'm not in the habit of feeling sorry for Millwall fans either, but yeah, this is bullshit. Literally the only game in the Championship called off today, and to do it at 2.15pm... some accountability needed by whoever has made this call, because it's not good enough.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

The pitch is clear of snow, Millwall fans in the ground, it must be frozen.

Frozen my arse - more likely to be  soaking  .. .as has been said where was the undersoil  or covers  

It is what it is  ...shambles by the ref really as ultimately  their final decision but club must have some input on this

nobody can call Hull after this

• Like 4

Whatever the facts, it is a desperate shambles, and we will use this forum to let off steam, and vent our frustration. 

I've had the day from he'll, for a number of reasons, and the only bright spot was the game being on.

Really, really disappointing, and it feels more devastating than it is. 

People still travelling, none the wiser.

A shambles. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I think we can discount a frozen pitch as the referee was allegedly bouncing and kicking a ball about. My guess from that is the the melting snow has waterlogged the pitch rendering it unfit in the referees eyes. 

Maybe, but it usually takes standing water for it to be called off.

An absolute disgrace between the club and the referee to even have a pitch inspection 45 minutes before kick off, if there is so much doubt the game can go ahead it should have been called off hours before.

@only2garners please can you ensure that Waggott is grilled at the upcoming forum. Why was it acceptable to call it off within an hour of kick off, or even have an inspection then? Why wasn't it called off before? Why was the pitch not in a fit state? 

Hard not to look back to the penny pinching of the owners who had promised a new pitch and reneged on this. An expense not FFP attributable which blows that theory out of the water.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

An absolute disgrace between the club and the referee to even have a pitch inspection 45 minutes before kick off, if there is so much doubt the game can go ahead it should have been called off hours before.

@only2garners please can you ensure that Waggott is grilled at the upcoming forum. Why was it acceptable to call it off within an hour of kick off, or even have an inspection then? Why wasn't it called off before? Why was the pitch not in a fit state? 

Hard not to look back to the penny pinching of the owners who had promised a new pitch and reneged on this. An expense not FFP attributable which blows that theory out of the water.

In fairness to Waggott he gave a good interview minutes after game called off. Club has lost out financially but more import is a game was called off with thousands at the ground.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Far be it for me to defend Waggott but with what we know so far I don't think him or anybody at Rovers is to blame. The question I would be asking is why it was definitely on at 12.30 (with no mention of a later inspection) and unfit at 2.15. And the referee should be wholly accountable here and do an interview. He owes us that at least.

• Like 6