BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Far be it for me to defend Waggott but with what we know so far I don't think him or anybody at Rovers is to blame. The question I would be asking is why it was definitely on at 12.30 (with no mention of a later inspection) and unfit at 2.15. And the referee should be wholly accountable here and do an interview. He owes us that at least.

100% correct.

24 minutes ago, CAPT KAYOS said:

Frozen my arse

Can we stick to football please Capt 😉

I'm speculating, I have no idea, but the pitch is clear as the pic I posted clearly shows, the temp is 2 degrees at the moment and hasn't been higher so far today from the weather app.

Off to the pub instead:

https://www.the-huntsman-inn.com/

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If the club had the pitch sorted out the ref wouldn't have called it off. Simple really.

Exactly,if the Ref thinks the pitch isn't playable it's Rovers fault for not getting it into a playable condition that the Ref is happy with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If the club had the pitch sorted out the ref wouldn't have called it off. Simple really.

Whoever is to blame regarding the pitch, the match was called off rightly or wrongly by the ref who is an EFL official so I can’t see how they can fine the club. 

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

For being a shambolic club having a game called off at this level.

We used to be the best club in the country.... look at us now.

Every single person who is at the ground thinks the pitch is playable, except for the referee. The club isn’t to blame for everything. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Yeah his call.  But what can you expect from Championship referees. 

I manged to get to the Brown cow, through train cancellations and other obsticles, to find out the Ref has called it off. I bet he isn't out of pocket. Does the fourth official have an input to these decissions or is it just one persons opinion ?

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Can we stick to football please Capt 😉

I'm speculating, I have no idea, but the pitch is clear as the pic I posted clearly shows, the temp is 2 degrees at the moment and hasn't been higher so far today from the weather app.

Off to the pub instead:

https://www.the-huntsman-inn.com/

Certainly Gav .. hope your beers chilled  ..enjoy your pint  or five

Feel sorry for the Millwall fans   as per any others when this kind of thing happens.. something amiss for this  for me  on  a couple of hours earlier then off ,  most people know what happens when snow melts 

Edited by CAPT KAYOS
  • Like 1

Well that was fun! I've literally just driven to Blackburn for a burger!

Had just arrived at the ground when they called it. 

Felt really sorry for the guy who was stood near me when we found out, he'd driven up from Telford to take his 2 young daughters to their first game at Ewood. They obviously couldn't understand why they'd got here and now couldn't watch any football. It was heartbreaking looking at their little faces!

Anyone blaming the referee is missing the point by a Country mile I think. Like a dodgy tackle in the penalty area, don't put the referee in a position where he even has a call to make. 

If we still have operational undersoil heating there's no excuse at all for the pitch to have been in the snow covered condition it appeared to be in at mid day and if we know there,s a particularly bad storm on the way, is it too much effort to cover the pitch temporarily?

THe pitch should have been pristine not marginal.

• Like 2

Whilst it’s embarrassing we couldn’t get a surface fit to play a game football on shafting both sets of fans. From a footballing point of view it is probably better not to play today with the injuries and play later when hopefully injuries have improved.

Silver lining to this shambles.  

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Anyone blaming the referee is missing the point by a Country mile I think. Like a dodgy tackle in the penalty area, don't put the referee in a position where he even has a call to make. 

If we still have operational undersoil heating there's no excuse at all for the pitch to have been in the snow covered condition it appeared to be in at mid day and if we know there,s a particularly bad storm on the way, is it too much effort to cover the pitch temporarily?

THe pitch should have been pristine not marginal.

Then why did the ref say game on at 1230pm??

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

An absolute disgrace between the club and the referee to even have a pitch inspection 45 minutes before kick off, if there is so much doubt the game can go ahead it should have been called off hours before.

@only2garners please can you ensure that Waggott is grilled at the upcoming forum. Why was it acceptable to call it off within an hour of kick off, or even have an inspection then? Why wasn't it called off before? Why was the pitch not in a fit state? 

Hard not to look back to the penny pinching of the owners who had promised a new pitch and reneged on this. An expense not FFP attributable which blows that theory out of the water.

Just arrived home now. Our next Forum is on Tuesday and I will reissue an agenda this afternoon with a new item about today's game.

I'm not sure there will be much need for grilling though having heard Steve's interview on Radio Lancs on the way back - he and the club are clearly as pissed off with the referee as we all are. The feeling on Radio Lancs was that the ball was not bouncing high enough in certain spots because of some lying water, although everyone seemed to be of the opinion that the pitch was in better condition than for Preston. Given conditions in that game improved markedly in the second half the sensible decision would have been to delay the kick off to 3.30 or 4pm, by which time I'm sure the conditions would have been fine. Right now there is not a cloud in the sky in Penwortham.

Steve also said that he had instructed the kiosks to give all the Millwall fans some free food and drink before they set off home. He admitted it was only a small gesture but it was good to hear.

• Like 4