BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure really what to make of the Mola deal, minimal first team experience so hard to know what to think.

Versatility could be very useful especially being able to cover left back where I am fine with Pickering but not with Edun.

How ready is he for instant involvement would be a big question, ideally he could play on Saturday assuming neither Ayala or Wharton play to allow Carter to play at right back and Travis alongside Adam Wharton in midfield.

Tomasson said the other day that 3 more were expected and money is there still to be spent, so 2 loanees wouldn't be enough.

As it stands, it would be a below par window with also the inevitable loss of Brereton for free. Keeping him would also diminish the FFP excuse going forward.

Dembele seems to have other suitors, would be a nice surprise as a permanent and good even on loan but the LT don't seem to think it is likely. @JoeH where did you hear that he is having a medical?

Hasn't it been said the new cycle of FFP will mean a sale doesn't really matter because the owners can inject more next season anyway.

If they chose to do so of course and that's why the club has been relaxed about it ?

24 minutes ago, superniko said:

We have Watford in 2 weeks. Hopefully someone comes in and swoops up Sarr and Pedro last minute tonight! Always good to play relegated clubs once the window has closed.

Sander Berge off to Club Brugge too, would be a bonus to every other team in the league 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I am bracing myself for another filling in the sticker book, then we can give these poor tooth puns the brush off.

Think Mola will be a better signing than people think, and won't just be filling in. Hope all his indentures are in order, so he can play on Saturday. I'll be rooting for him to show how incis-ive he can be, and hope he ends up with an Ewood plaque, and we don't have to extract him from the canal. Really think he could bridge the gap. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Just woke up from night shift to the announcement of Mola. Gregg spot on with recruitment so far, Hirst, Bola, with options to buy. Add them with Adam Wharton, Buckley, Dolan, Phillips, There’s some good young English talent here to express themselves and potentially a good way to build the club financially. Hopefully it pans out #coyb

I'd add Jake Batty to that list.

• Like 1

Wow, that's just taken some catching up - been on a work Teams call for just nearly 2hrs!

Don't know much about this Mola guy but on the face of it, looks quite promising & I'm loving the fact that nobody seems to know anything until the signing is done & the media team are doing their bit for the official announcement.

Add Dembele to this (hopefully) & I think we've had a pretty good window to be honest.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Maybe Forest are buying him so they have a ready made top Championship player when they inevitably get relegated in the next couple of years?

I think you’re right. He can step into Johnson’s shoes when he leaves if they go down. If they don’t go down they can sell him on and get their money back. Easy when you have plenty of financial backing.

3 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Maybe Forest are buying him so they have a ready made top Championship player when they inevitably get relegated in the next couple of years?

Exactly, the owner also owns Olympiacaos, the team they are planning to loan him to. Will just take him back if go down. Joke really.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@JoeH where did you hear that he is having a medical?

Received a message on Twitter from someone who's got a decent track record. If it's wrong it's wrong, called one bang on today so happy to take the beating on it.

28 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Think Mola will be a better signing than people think, and won't just be filling in. Hope all his indentures are in order, so he can play on Saturday. I'll be rooting for him to show how incis-ive he can be, and hope he ends up with an Ewood plaque, and we don't have to extract him from the canal. Really think he could bridge the gap. 

I hope you are not putting too much of a gloss on this signing although i understand you want to appear whiter than white.  

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

LT have dismissed it.

Seen that. And don't know how I can say who it is without saying who it is? Just someone who's got a decent track record of knowing things, but not a club employee no.