BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

They are click bait memes posted on social media to get folk to comment, ‘no way! [enter club here] are tinpot’ etc etc, and then to follow their ‘Footie Bantzz’ pages.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Maybe Rovers get it right this time (how many times have we said that, the past dozen years!?) 

sooner or later(most likely by accident!!!) we will get it right,if you keep throwing darts at the board,you will eventually hit 180,might take a bloody long time with swag and venkys at the tiller though,at least we`ve got rid of mowbray,thats a step forward

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sooner or later(most likely by accident!!!) we will get it right,if you keep throwing darts at the board,you will eventually hit 180,might take a bloody long time with swag and venkys at the tiller though,at least we`ve got rid of mowbray,thats a step forward

At least we are now throwing from 7ft 6in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Can't believe we still haven't appointed a manager.

Players back in on Monday, shortened preseason, not looking all that promising with the amount of work the squad needs.

It's grim for sure. Hoping the next time @unleadedposts it's a 5 minute warning. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Can't believe we still haven't appointed a manager.

Players back in on Monday, shortened preseason, not looking all that promising with the amount of work the squad needs.

The players are back for pre season testing which will be done by the medical staff there on Monday 13th June with pre season training starting on the 20th June so it will still be 6 weeks pre season training from what Rich Sharpe as said. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

We’d do better at the darts if we took the blindfold off.

• Like 3

It's clear JDT is eager to yet a job. He's been out of work for over 6 months and has, supposedly, been in the running now for QPR, Hibs and Rovers this summer.

I am always wary about this for two reasons. Firstly I suspect someone at his end is throwing his name into the reckoning as he's desperate to get a job. Secondly because if there's truth to our interest I wonder how much of it has come from us identifying him and how much has come from him throwing himself at the vacancy.

I suspect the answer will lie in the make up of his coaching staff and if he's willing to play the game here.

I'd prefer him over most of the names left on the list at present although to be totally honest I'd be underwhelmed. It would be intriguing but not one that would fill me with confidence.

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Personally I think the search for the head coach role has gone on far too long now. We should have had an appointment by now. I would have said is we should have been searching and interviewing for the new director of football in April and an appointment made sooner than we did. That was the crucial role. 

Rothwell was always going for me. Wanted out in January. 

I think Lenihan was going when Boro came in. 

On Nyambe, who knows if he will stay. 

Yes one I suggested to replace Nyambe Who I think will be upgrade

Well I think we will be if we appoint the right head coach. 

One thing I do agree on this process has gone on far too long who knows if the Dof & Head coach had come in earlier they might have been able to persuade Lenihan to stay on equally he might have spoken then leave anyway the point I'm making the slowness of the process hasn't helped this situation also Lenihan did say he wanted to see who the new gaffer was but this is all their making & they've dithered & delayed their whole tenure you have to ask yourself why they came into football in the 1st place & why they carry on I just hope by fluke probably they get this right!

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

Wondering how long it is since we last had a manager? We have a handy counter on our front page for you 😉

https://www.brfcs.com

By my rough calculations, at some point Monday night the counters for last manager and season start will be exactly the same numbers.

Perfect time to make the announcement.

I like a bit of symmetry to life. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Well if he does come it will be without Rosenior who will be announced as new Blackpool boss today.

That's the way to do it!

Not a dig at you personally Mercer but it does make me laugh how good we are on here at praising other teams for getting in someone completely green because it's done quickly but go apoplectic at the thought of us having Big Dunc for example.

It might not be the way to do it if Rosenior turns out to be a Brian Kidd. ...

I'm not an advocate for Ferguson either before anyone accuses me of that - don't want him here.

• Like 6

I'm like 99% certain that the John Dahl Tomasson talk/speculation all started in this very thread about 3 weeks ago when someone simply posted his name and nothing else! (can't remember who the poster was and it was very random at the time, but surely he must now go in the legit ITKers group😅)

Anywhooo from that day and googling up on jdt he's been an outsider on own personal shortlist, so hopefully its not just the gossip of the day and there's actually some substance to it🙏

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm like 99% certain that the John Dahl Tomasson talk/speculation all started in this very thread about 3 weeks ago when someone simply posted his name and nothing else! (can't remember who the poster was and it was very random at the time, but surely he must now go in the legit ITKers group😅)

Anywhooo from that day and googling up on jdt he's been an outsider on own personal shortlist, so hopefully its not just the gossip of the day and there's actually some substance to it🙏

Guilty on JDT

Not attempted ITK behaviour though, he was just being linked with QPR so wondered how long it would be till we were linked....

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would have him weeding around Ewood, assisted by Lenihan.

We’d probably call Nyambe in to weed, but let him sit there while Bennett, JRC or Gally do it instead.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Guilty on JDT

Not attempted ITK behaviour though, he was just being linked with QPR so wondered how long it would be till we were linked....

How would you feel if he now became manager for us, was a big success at the club and a fan favourite and it all stemmed from you just putting his name out there!! 🙌

(also great to know precisely who to blame if he turns out to be 💩😅)

Just checking in since I last looked on this thread and still no nearer hiring a manager and another 10-15 pages of waffle and speculation

We were down to the dregs in terms of candidates last time so what do you call anything that's below the bottom of the barrel?

A number of clubs have replaced their managers since Mowbray departed, some in a matter of days, and the length of time it is taking is yet another indication of the dysfunctional nature of our club. It just doesn't work like it should

Those in charge (whoever they are) obviously decided to let Mowbray go months ago but it's equally obvious they did so without any plan whatsoever over who would replace him.

No other football club (or business) operates like this. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We’d probably call Nyambe in to weed, but let him sit there while Bennett, JRC or Gally do it instead.

You have to laugh. If you don't, you'll end up crying your eyes out.

Who mentioned Banana Splits? I got it on You Tube and now it's an earworm running round my head.

• Like 2