BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

38 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good post, as was your earlier excellent post introducing the term, Venkys cong.

Personally I've been in too long to give up, I'm too old to give up, time will do that anyway. I want to see the Raos out on their asses. It a reason to live.

I lost my eldest son 15 months ago to heart disease. I'd introduced him to Rovers at a young age and have the photos of him in the Rovers dressing room with Garner, Keeley, Barker etc, on the pitch with Bobby S.

He stayed a fan all his days and got to Wembley twice to see us win a cup and a playoff. Also to Wales to see us beat Spurs. I owe it to him to stick with us.

The vermin will be gone one day and I have family who I also introduced and still fans who will see that great day even if I don't.

I am still following my no swearing NY pledge. It's hard with these See You Next Tuesdays.

Well I don't know what to say mate, deepest sympathies. 

The VC will be gone one day

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sad to see you leave us Swanson.

I'm teetering on this edge too.

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

Well I never thought it would come to this, but as long as Venky's are the owners I am done with Rovers. I have been a fan since 93, but now sadly it stops. These owners are slowly killing my interest for the club. There have been so many many incidents since they took over, but these latest things...

I have had enough of these uprofessional owners! They show time and time again that they will never learn, and
nothing will ever change as long as they are still around.

I hope to "see" you guys sometime in the future! Take care!

Swanson out!

image.gif.fc9116afd7570a1936b0e299fbbb1d52.gif

Are either of you season ticket holders or regular match goers?

Reason I ask, is I was pleasantly surprised at the anger around me yesterday towards the owners and Waggott. We have had years of pretty stable crowds in which only the core left after Venkys have smashed to pieces the fanbase prior have remained loyal/stupid enough to keep going pretty much regardless. I wonder if there is a genuine chance of that remaining core which seemed fairly solid being whittled away, as that would really potentially leave some embarassing crowds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Reason I ask, is I was pleasantly surprised at the anger around me yesterday towards the owners and Waggott. We have had years of pretty stable crowds in which only the core left after Venkys have smashed to pieces the fanbase prior have remained loyal/stupid enough to keep going pretty much regardless. I wonder if there is a genuine chance of that remaining core which seemed fairly solid being whittled away, as that would really potentially leave some embarassing crowds.

Just wait until next seasons ticket prices are raised, with little improvement on or off the pitch. You will see some embarrassing crowds then.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The amount of ST holders hardly turning up now is startling for Sat afternoon games no way was there more than 10k home fans actually in there yesterday.

How many of them will bother even buying one next season unless something changes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sad to see you leave us Swanson.

I'm teetering on this edge too.

I’ve teetered and finally fallen off. After 59 years following Rovers all over the place my season ticket has been binned a couple of weeks ago. Never going on again until they F off (probably pop my clogs before that). Can’t stand it now at Ewood

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Used to be when I was a kid! Moved away. Now just go to local away days (London and further) and watch religiously on Ifollow (season pass).

But yeah I won't be paying for anything Rovers related after this season, and will get a season ticket elsewhere.

I can't continue putting myself through the torture and anger that's been building for the last 5-10 years, the past 2 January's, and this season in particular have made me so disillusioned with the club I've supported since birth. I've got genuine anger and hatred towards the Venkys and laughing stock we're growing into.

• Like 3

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Used to be when I was a kid! Moved away. Now just go to local away days (London and further) and watch religiously on Ifollow (season pass).

But yeah I won't be paying for anything Rovers related after this season, and will get a season ticket elsewhere.

I can't continue putting myself through the torture and anger that's been building for the last 5-10 years, the past 2 January's, and this season in particular have made me so disillusioned with the club I've supported since birth. I've got genuine anger and hatred towards the Venkys and laughing stock we're growing into.

Fair enough. I was interested to see (not that I could gauge much from 2 people) if the remaining core of us was likely to deplete. I wonder if this could chip away at the small regular core will genuinely be in jeopardy having previously thought that the damage had taken it down this far and it would be unlikely to see that whittle down much further.

Where would you get a season ticket elsewhere? That is a big step to go and support another side. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough. I was interested to see (not that I could gauge much from 2 people) if the remaining core of us was likely to deplete. I wonder if this could chip away at the small regular core will genuinely be in jeopardy having previously thought that the damage had taken it down this far and it would be unlikely to see that whittle down much further.

Where would you get a season ticket elsewhere? That is a big step to go and support another side. 

I know loads that have given up on it from the time I lived there, and the people I go to away days aren't interested.

Never helps when the last 2 times I've gone my girlfriend got spat on by a Rovers fan and another time a guy was shouting the N word.

Obviously I'm not going to stop supporting Rovers, but I just can't put anymore of my effort into it when it's as it is right now, Venkys and Waggott are a disgrace.

I'd go to AFC Wimbledon - become a part owner, as it's fan owned, know the club's being ran correctly, ethically and have an input too.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

I feel sorry for JDT I must say.  I think he has been screwed over by the club.  I think he is a good manager (not without some weaknesses mind you).

Its clear the team needed more experience and toughness.  Way too many kids.  Venkys using the club as a youth academy to rack up stats and sell them on.

Had JDT got what he wanted I think he would get us promoted.

My only criticism of him is he can be too idealistic in terms of tactics at times and there is a lack of steel in the team.  Going a goal down is a guaranteed defeat,  That's crazy stuff.  Maybe if he got in his experienced goo pros this would change.

I really fear who the next manager will be combined with the Venkys this club is going backwards fast.

I'd rather a foreign coach rather than the dregs of English football.  An appointment like Gareth Ainsworth for example would take us back to L1.

• Like 4

To an outsider we probably just look like fairweather fans, turning their backs on the club in their hour of need. Which I guess is understandable if you're not fully up to speed with all that's gone on since the vermin took over. Some of the fans I've heard say enough is enough, I'm done the past few days is scary though, lads I never, ever thought would mutter those words, true die hards you could say.

Again it all boils down to the feeling of helplessness. Previous protests were absolutely futile, so people are left feeling like whatever happens at Ewood will go unnoticed. They clearly don't watch the games and I seriously doubt their minions would feed any sort of unrest back to them.

I guess the only other thing left is fans entering the pitch and disrupting games. Aside from what happened Vs Wigan years ago nothing like this has happened. Previously were fans worried about getting banned etc? I would imagine that worry no longer exists though, because quite frankly it would be doing them a favour.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The larger fanbase of other clubs don't really know what's going on at Rovers. They get the bits and parts, and of course it's embarrassing with two deadline day dogshite dealings, but most people follow their own teams and don't really see more than the surface; poor run of results.

It's a bit of a catch 22 because the only way we can turn this around is if the club gets bigger support, but I know why people won't chuck money after the current lot. So I'll ask you a question:

What would have to change for you to return to your 'old ways'?

With the stream consciousness like coverage of football from every corner of the globe being fed through our phones each minute it’s very hard to get our plight out to the wider fan base. Venky’s being horrendous owners and cocking up/torpedoing transfers isn’t going to be on the top of most fans Instagram feed unfortunately.

Even if there is a story on North West tonight of an evening, how many people actually watch it these days? We’re also one in a very long list of teams with terrible owners. Many of whom would argue their managed decline is worse than ours, as every fan is want to do. 

Crystal Palace moaning about getting thumped (whilst still comfortably in the PL, having spent big in Jan) and their fans giving the keeper pelters will generate far more news than us sadly. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It's a bit of a catch 22 because the only way we can turn this around is if the club gets bigger support, but I know why people won't chuck money after the current lot. 

Why would any of this turn round with a bigger support?

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

One of the things for me is the Adam Wharton sale and not because I’m entitled and didn’t expect him to be sold eventually but the symbolic nature of the whole situation. 

I don’t and can’t support the thieves and gangsters in India and our boardroom like the fans who have walked away. 

Still it’s my club , my team , my colours, my badge , my fans and my players so I go and get behind the lads (ffs)

Wharton was one of our own like a lot of the kids who came through the academy jack set up , and for this very reason . Now though Travis and Buckley get shipped to reduce wages and whartons gone and who am I supporting . Brighton and liverpools kids til the end of the season. Five loans in that’s half a team who won’t be here next year I have no affinity to . 

It’s hard to get emotionally involved when you’re being ripped off and over priced, not given a second thought and constantly lied to. The farce of the transfer window (again) highlighting the lies/cock ups/ disjointed thinking of the whole set up and scattergun approach to it ,plus, the sale of our Adam shows there is no model or anything to have hope for or belief in to keep throwing your support behind. 

Still I’ve been going on ewood for 30 years and I’ve met a lot of wonderful people. Can still have a beer and a social occasion and try and get involved in the on field “entertainment “.  They can’t take that away from me….can they.

First sip of a pint and  I mention the banner , you should be punched was the response from friends. I sit on the coach to away games and listen to 40 people slag off the venky out chants with the same usual guff and waffle repeated on here. Try and explain anything and I’m shot down by 30 people so I sit angry and disillusioned to Norwich or wherever on some other hellish journey . 

So as a staunch defender of JDT I believe I look at him as a symbol of hope and a memory of what once was. I probably have blue n white tinted glasses to his tactics and how he sets up a team as just his enthusiasm and passion reminds me of what mine once was . 

Now he wants out like lambert before him. We’re heading back to league one , I’m skint with a young family and I’m sat by myself over hundred quid light on the way back from Cardiff , work in the morning, usually by myself these days, surrounded by Venky sleeved shirts with names of players at other clubs on there back after watching Liverpool and Brighton’s future stars make there mistakes with the uttering and echos up and down the coach of I don’t know what they want ,20 million them angels pump in. 

Ewood is a hallow shell filled with these Shaun of the dead zombies , gangsters crooks and criminals in the boxes around them, prices increasing why my kid kicks a ball into a bin for a charge . 

it’s all getting to much for people . Even I’m getting to the point of having the rest of the season off just to re evaluate my life

Waggott, Broughton, the owners and everyone else involved in running rovers into the ground should read your post oldgregg and take in what you’re saying. I reckon you summarise so well how many fans feel - current and lapsed.

They should read it because only they can do something about it. 

• Like 3

My experience is that it’s ten times harder to get people to return than it was to attract them in the first place. Once people walk away they tend to stay away.

In other news - Charlton are near to signing Nathan Jones as their new manager. One to scratch off our potential replacement list.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

One of the things for me is the Adam Wharton sale and not because I’m entitled and didn’t expect him to be sold eventually but the symbolic nature of the whole situation. 

I don’t and can’t support the thieves and gangsters in India and our boardroom like the fans who have walked away. 

Still it’s my club , my team , my colours, my badge , my fans and my players so I go and get behind the lads (ffs)

Wharton was one of our own like a lot of the kids who came through the academy jack set up , and for this very reason . Now though Travis and Buckley get shipped to reduce wages and whartons gone and who am I supporting . Brighton and liverpools kids til the end of the season. Five loans in that’s half a team who won’t be here next year I have no affinity to . 

It’s hard to get emotionally involved when you’re being ripped off and over priced, not given a second thought and constantly lied to. The farce of the transfer window (again) highlighting the lies/cock ups/ disjointed thinking of the whole set up and scattergun approach to it ,plus, the sale of our Adam shows there is no model or anything to have hope for or belief in to keep throwing your support behind. 

Still I’ve been going on ewood for 30 years and I’ve met a lot of wonderful people. Can still have a beer and a social occasion and try and get involved in the on field “entertainment “.  They can’t take that away from me….can they.

First sip of a pint and  I mention the banner , you should be punched was the response from friends. I sit on the coach to away games and listen to 40 people slag off the venky out chants with the same usual guff and waffle repeated on here. Try and explain anything and I’m shot down by 30 people so I sit angry and disillusioned to Norwich or wherever on some other hellish journey . 

So as a staunch defender of JDT I believe I look at him as a symbol of hope and a memory of what once was. I probably have blue n white tinted glasses to his tactics and how he sets up a team as just his enthusiasm and passion reminds me of what mine once was . 

Now he wants out like lambert before him. We’re heading back to league one , I’m skint with a young family and I’m sat by myself over hundred quid light on the way back from Cardiff , work in the morning, usually by myself these days, surrounded by Venky sleeved shirts with names of players at other clubs on there back after watching Liverpool and Brighton’s future stars make there mistakes with the uttering and echos up and down the coach of I don’t know what they want ,20 million them angels pump in. 

Ewood is a hallow shell filled with these Shaun of the dead zombies , gangsters crooks and criminals in the boxes around them, prices increasing why my kid kicks a ball into a bin for a charge . 

it’s all getting to much for people . Even I’m getting to the point of having the rest of the season off just to re evaluate my life

Amazing, heartfelt post. These people have stolen so much from so many, and 90 minutes on a Saturday is only the half of it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My experience is that it’s ten times harder to get people to return than it was to attract them in the first place. Once people walk away they tend to stay away.

In other news - Charlton are near to signing Nathan Jones as their new manager. One to scratch off our potential replacement list.

If the egg is still here after this latest fiasco, he presumably would be the man who will decide who takes over from JDT if he walks.

If that's the case, it won't be the likes of a Warnock or Ainsworth or Jones. He's on record as saying it would be someone with similar principles to J DT as all the current sides from the 21's to u9's all play the same way.

Who that would leave I've no idea.

The guy Will Still was linked with Sunderland earlier in the season and he seems to have done a good job in Ligue 1

Edited by Tugayisgod

Nothing lasts forever, this ownership won't either. But it has been so utterly ruinous on and off the pitch the worry has to be what on earth will be left to build from when they finally do, once and for all, fuck off.

• Like 7