BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I fully expected JDT to be gone today and as I go off to bed it hasn't happened.

Now anything could happen.

We know Waggott wants JDT gone.

Suhail apparently has a hand in this.

Nobody knows if Mr and Mrs Desai and the two Rao brothers want JDT to leave.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

I fully expected JDT to be gone today and as I go off to bed it hasn't happened.

Now anything could happen.

We know Waggott wants JDT gone.

Suhail apparently has a hand in this.

Nobody knows if Mr and Mrs Desai and the two Rao brothers want JDT to leave.

🤣we can`t even get rid of a manager and do it properly,what happens now if mama venky and her two brats want jdt to stay🤣

• Like 5

This is beyond just JDT or Eustace.

Right now, no-one has any clarity on if Gregg Broughton is still employed.

So who's deciding our new head coach/manager?

Which brings up another question. Is the DoF experiment coming to an end and we go back to Eustace being the manager?

It's all just rushed, last minute, planless thinking. Testament to Venkys tenure.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’ve only ever heard him talk about football and finance tbf 😂

He's a boxing 'expert' as well or expert as much as any other fan i should say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Excellent take on the situation.

I feel like once results started to turn to shit he just doubled down on the tactics to make a point more than anything, that he's been totally shafted.

If someone comes to you and says "I don't want to be here anymore" what purpose would it possibly serve to force them to stay?

JDT is the best manager of the venkys era by a country mile. I will greatly miss his brutal honesty.

I would prefer to judge the head coach on results rather than honesty. Although both would be the best.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Jim White: "I know Steve Kean quite well".

Err, yeah. We kind of worked that out 13 years ago.

I see there was no hint of "Venky's, we're coming for you!" from Jim in the above clip this time. Has he forgotten his stance upon Coyle leaving? If only Jon was a friend of the blessed agency too.

I wouldn't take Simon Jordan's words to heart. Whenever a topic like this comes up on talkSPORT, where it is the fans vs owners, Jordan almost always takes the side of the owners. It isn't exclusive to Rovers.

I have heard him do this numerous times with Newcastle, United, Everton, Sheff Wednesday, Chelsea and many others who have come on wanting their owners out. For example, he has called out United fans and the Glazers Out protests consistently by questioning what it is that the fans want.

He often approaches this topic with lesser clubs than United with a "well, what do you realistically expect, you are x Football Club, fans have an entitlement, the owner has put in x amount, I can't see anybody else lining up to do that" tone and attitude.

It's due to his own experience as a Club owner at Palace that he does not view fans wanting their owners out favourably.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Jim White: "I know Steve Kean quite well".

Err, yeah. We kind of worked that out 13 years ago.

I see there was no hint of "Venky's, we're coming for you!" from Jim in the above clip this time. Has he forgotten his stance upon Coyle leaving? If only Jon was a friend of the blessed agency too.

I wouldn't take Simon Jordan's words to heart. Whenever a topic like this comes up on talkSPORT, where it is the fans vs owners, Jordan almost always takes the side of the owners. It isn't exclusive to Rovers.

I have heard him do this numerous times with Newcastle, United, Everton, Sheff Wednesday, Chelsea and many others who have come on wanting their owners out. For example, he has called out United fans and the Glazers Out protests consistently by questioning what it is that the fans want.

He often approaches this topic with lesser clubs than United with a "well, what do you realistically expect, you are x Football Club, fans have an entitlement, the owner has put in x amount, I can't see anybody else lining up to do that" tone and attitude.

It's due to his own experience as a Club owner at Palace that he does not view fans wanting their owners out favourably.

He got some of his facts wrong sadly, but he's not going to know the ins and outs of a club that's been down in the doldrums for the past 13 years. He did mention John Williams, but then went on to say they'd spent £200m without mentioning they undermined John Williams with a football agent, which forced him to resign along with the club secretary.  Kean and Anderson led to relegation, and without people like Williams and Finn that led to them losing so much money. It led to them losing paying fans which they've never recovered from, and that's why now they are having to pay to keep the club afloat.

Whichever way you look at it, they are paying for their own mistakes.

• Like 4

On 07/02/2024 at 19:11, J*B said:

I was there - got the phone call last night. Not really sure why me specifically, it wasn’t specifically through BRFCS. But I thought it’s better to be there than not, so I went down.

Basically what Glen has tweeted was how the meeting went. It was an informal chat with the players then Waggott. There’s no minutes. 

The general discussion was the players mentioning the atmosphere at home games and specifically the end of the QPR match and during another match (they couldn’t remember which) where they were boo’d off at half time. They said the senior players spent half time keeping the younger players in the rate state of mind and that’s not the best use of time.

I made it abundantly clear to all the players that any booing is directly at one of Venkys, Pasha and Waggott or JDT. Szmodics especially said “we’re open to criticism, we were shit against Huddersfield and we know it”. 

I also explained to the players that unfortunately this club has had ‘ownership issues’ for 14 years now and whilst the last five years have been relatively stable, until the issues with ownership and senior management are addressed it’s only ever a stubbed toe away from discontent amongst the fan base. 

The players also asked how we could get more fans in the stadium at Ewood. I explained to them the issues with ticket pricing and season ticket pricing — which I described as “abhorrent” — and the horrific deprivation in the local area meaning that fans would love to go but frankly have to pick between eating and heating, meaning there’s little spare money and not enough to be spending on tickets. 

There was further discussions which everyone in the room agreed to not disclose at this point. I gave my word - as did everyone else - so I’ll honour that. 

Thought it was worth circling back round to this given the way the thread has developed. 

This recap from RoversChat essentially breaks down the what was and wasn’t discussed elements. 

As per my original post, I spoke about the ownership issues, explained to the players it wasn’t them being targeted by boos it was Suhail, Waggott and Venkys and talked them through the finances involved in going to Ewood which I described as abhorrent considering the poverty and deprivation in our town. 

As Dan says anything more specific wasn’t discussed. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

GB isn't responsible for sending the paperwork so why should he go. Given the experience Waggott and Silvester have surely they can click the send button

For me it comes down to the statements from last year about the steps he had put in place to ensure this couldn’t happen again, it did happen again. On that basis he has to take some responsibility. He may not be the one to click the button but after last season he needs to be on it and checking. 

I’d also argue that his overall record with the transfers justifies a sacking anyway. Spunking £500k on the worst keeper we’ve had at Ewood when we have no money is probably enough to warrant a P45.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lol,the way it`s going rovers will have two managers on saturday,if it`s true then eustace has been sold a false promise or he`s just a bit stupid for coming here

JDT can take charge first half and get us a goal or 2, and Eustace can take over 2nd half and keep them out!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, booth said:

He got some of his facts wrong sadly, but he's not going to know the ins and outs of a club that's been down in the doldrums for the past 13 years. He did mention John Williams, but then went on to say they'd spent £200m without mentioning they undermined John Williams with a football agent, which forced him to resign along with the club secretary.  Kean and Anderson led to relegation, and without people like Williams and Finn that led to them losing so much money. It led to them losing paying fans which they've never recovered from, and that's why now they are having to pay to keep the club afloat.

Whichever way you look at it, they are paying for their own mistakes.

That's the issue in general with quite a few of them in the media today, not just Jordan, that they don't know the ins and outs so resort to 'but £200m though?'. The other fella who was chatting with Herbie on there the other day displayed a similar lack of knowledge, so just stuck to on field matters.

Those that do know what has happened, do their level best to avoid the mention of any agent related issues. It doesn't even need a name to be mentioned for them to start sweating and jump in to steer the conversation towards another direction.

I can remember a few Rovers fans naming the spiv and mentioning "problems with agents" on that very "Venky's we're coming for you!" show. White reacted exactly as described above. Fidgety, panicky, jumping at the mere mention of the word 'agent'.

The truth is out there, but they would rather use '£200m' as a stick to beat the fans with instead.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Thanks mate, I wont always get it right, but I have always tried to stand up for those supporters who share common views.  I have many faults, being outspoken is one of them. As an independent supporter, rather than a group representative I have found far more freedom to push the barriers further. 

Thanks yet again Glen. Look after yourself, more important things than Rovers.

• Like 1

Still no confirmation on JDT?

If I had to put a pound on it I'd wager that the Club and JDT are a million miles away from agreeing on his departure. 

JDT probably won't be feeling anywhere near as generous following the Mcguire debacle as he was in summer and is likely to be pushing for almost his full entitlement.

Whereas Waggott will probably be trying on the same sort of sob story tactics he reportedly employed when trying to diddle Adam Wharton out of his loyalty bonus I.e. the Club can't afford to pay you off.

This could run and run.

• Like 2

GB is inconspicuously quiet and surely the DoF should be present at a meeting with players discussing results even before the CEO.

I think he and JDT depart and we are back to square 1. 

Maybe McFadzean will be our manager given he's been brought in at 37... nothing will surprise me anymore

Interesting that Eustace is still 2nd favourite for the Huddersfield Job ( Sky Bet ).

Despite there not being any odds on the next Rovers boss as the position is not vacant, JDT is 14/1 to be the next Huddersfield boss

7 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Interesting that Eustace is still 2nd favourite for the Huddersfield Job ( Sky Bet ).

Despite there not being any odds on the next Rovers boss as the position is not vacant, JDT is 14/1 to be the next Huddersfield boss

We were linked with Farke and Carvalhal initially after Mowbray left and they never joined.

It's all very well being linked with people, but you'd imagine they'd run a mile if either they or their agent carried out a spot of due diligence.

Plus we've yet to agree terms with JDT.

Wouldn't be surprised if JDT wants to go now and it's Rovers asking him to stay until the end of the season come what may. Saving them the hassle and expense of bringing a load more in.

By summer they'll be supposedly better prepped to negotiate the settlement and then can root around the free agent market as late as possible. Like normal saving a bit of wage money and giving a new guy no time to expect incoming players, that seems the preferred method here.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, J*B said:

@Craigman based on this. 

But yet the main villain Waggitt stays unscathed.  I sort of have an opinion that Waggott went for JDT.  My take is he did not take kindly to his, humour intended, comments about the coach and all.  After that he seemed to out up any riad block he could   Messed with the fans cos he knew JDT cared about the fans.  He really us not fit tonrun a newspaper shop let alone a fiotball club   Another one only caring about sekf preservation.  Get rid FFS and get some proper footy folks in 

• Like 3

Been at the pub quiz tonight ; aside from one team calling themselves "Gone Dahl Tomasson" (I did laugh,but yeah, fuck off!) I had a good chat with a couple of lads. One a Rover, the other a Nobber. 

TBF, the Nobber started off by taking the piss about send & save, but once I broke it down (2 years running, only xfers involving significant fees, secretary never fucked up in god knows how many years prior etc) he actually started to listen & went "fuck me mate, that's so fucked up, it's corrupt!"

Fortunately, the Rover was one who listens, digs etc , & just isn't a duracell bunny clapping merrily at the green grassy bit every fortnight. We had a proper conversation. We both agreed that it doesn't matter who is the manager, who the leading goal scorer is, who plays the '10' role, it'll always be immaterial until the Wankies are gone.

Anyone got a few shitty zinc chlorides for the bunnies?

• Like 2

Whilst I do sympathise with JDT I really do, he's escaped a lot of blame because of the circus around him. He still needs to set up a team to at the very minimum be able to defend, you work with the tools you've got - no disrespect meant there.....

It's also possible his agent his putting the feelers out for other jobs right now, if he has something to walk into, he may become a little less demanding with any severance pay. His stock in the UK probably isn't very high, but sure he'll have offers in Europe.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I enjoy listening to Simon Jordan and he’s usually very balanced and well informed but that was some of the most misinformed shite I’ve ever heard and it’s this misinformed media garbage that keeps our fans fighting each other . Jim white can just do one 

I like Jordan but as u say on this occasion he's way off

• Like 2

Echo that on Jordan. He referred to the venkys as having commercial challenges.... err no, their assets are frozen because they're under investigation for tax fraud

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 4

My guess is that the delay is down to them wanting JDT to sign an NDA which unfortunately will probably be only way they relieve him of duties and the circus will continue without anyone speaking out.

• Like 2