BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

9 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Maybe it's just me but i'd never have a bet to say Rovers will lose a game.Yes you could win some money but i'd rather not win anything than profit from a Rovers defeat.

Each to their own.

Quite simply whether I bet on or against Rovers has no bearing on the result.  The result is entirely down to the manager and those playing.

I do not bet on the opposition hoping Rovers lose - I simply expect them to lose.  There is a difference between the two emotions.

I dread to think how much money I've spent on Rovers following them home, away and into Europe often with the family therefore if I can win a few quid from betting on Rovers' matches I don't see what the issue is.

• Like 2

Morton, A Wharton, Dolan, Szmodics and Dack to run riot, Bradford to end up with 9 men and a resounding 4-1 victory for the mighty Rovers as Sparky's boys overdo the physical stuff.  On the assumption that Markanday is injured and Phillips needs a rest, I would go with this line up:                                                      

Pears

JRC       Pratt    Pickering   Batty

Morton    Wharton

Szmodics      Dack        Dolan

Vale

Subs: Kaminsky, Ayala, Edun, Brittain, Buckley, Diaz, Gallagher

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Morton, A Wharton, Dolan, Szmodics and Dack to run riot, Bradford to end up with 9 men and a resounding 4-1 victory for the mighty Rovers as Sparky's boys overdo the physical stuff.  On the assumption that Markanday is injured and Phillips needs a rest, I would go with this line up:                                                      

Pears

JRC       Pratt    Pickering   Batty

Morton    Wharton

Szmodics      Dack        Dolan

Vale

Subs: Kaminsky, Ayala, Edun, Brittain, Buckley, Diaz, Gallagher

Oof. If we manage to win with that team we will be doing very well! There's a lot of "that's the worst defence I've seen in 60 years of watching Rovers" hyperbole that crops up on here. But...... surely that actually is the worst? Keeper who was utterly humilated last time he played for us, JRC who has always struggled at RB, Pratt's never played at CB, Pickering makeshift CB, Batty with one start.... 

I'd probably not play Vale and put Dack up top. And at least one of Gallagher or BBD needs to play so we have some physicality. And I think we need to commit more players in midfield.

Something like :

Kaminski

JRC        Pratt        Pickering    Edun

Morton   Garrett    Wharton   

Gallagher    Dack     Dolan

Really feels like this will be a loss. Put Wharton and Ayala in and we'd probably win, but we can't risk them, and there is nothing else.

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Oof. If we manage to win with that team we will be doing very well! There's a lot of "that's the worst defence I've seen in 60 years of watching Rovers" hyperbole that crops up on here. But...... surely that actually is the worst? Keeper who was utterly humilated last time he played for us, JRC who has always struggled at RB, Pratt's never played at CB, Pickering makeshift CB, Batty with one start.... 

I'd probably not play Vale and put Dack up top. And at least one of Gallagher or BBD needs to play so we have some physicality. And I think we need to commit more players in midfield.

Something like :

Kaminski

JRC        Pratt        Pickering    Edun

Morton   Garrett    Wharton   

Gallagher    Dack     Dolan

Really feels like this will be a loss. Put Wharton and Ayala in and we'd probably win, but we can't risk them, and there is nothing else.

Them 2 CHs will be taken to the cleaners by Cook. Men v Boys

2 hours ago, rigger said:

It will be worse if Annesley plays there.

I think it would be his senior debut.

I have watched him play for Gibraltar a few times but they are so amateur as a team it is difficult to critique a single player.

You will have seen him at Rovers youth teams so I fully accept your view.

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think it would be his senior debut.

I have watched him play for Gibraltar a few times but they are so amateur as a team it is difficult to critique a single player.

You will have seen him at Rovers youth teams so I fully accept your view.

My assesment of Annesley is that he is like a failed midfielder, who has thought : I know I will give it a go at center-half, how hard can it be !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Watched Annesley in the pre season game at Chorley. Looked around his level. He is 22 now and only been on loan with Woking. You have to wonder why he is still here?

There are lots of hangers-on at the club 🙂 Klingons, no less! Here's a picture of the Matron de Maison, earlier this summer...

Pasha.jpgThat's the worst case of Crabs I've seen in many moons..

Edited by Guest
I'm big and fat, but I ain't paying THAT!

They have to keep enough together to put teams out at youth level so they can't just fire everyone off at once.  It's a gradual process and unless there is someone better right behind them they'll have to keep a certain amount of under achievers until it makes sense to let them go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Watched Annesley in the pre season game at Chorley. Looked around his level. He is 22 now and only been on loan with Woking. You have to wonder why he is still here?

Still think he should try his luck in Scotland. Was comfortable against Dundee and going to north of the border would force him to bulk up a bit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, inflikted said:

Still think he should try his luck in Scotland. Was comfortable against Dundee and going to north of the border would force him to bulk up a bit.

Irn Bru and deep fried Mars Bars are bound to pack the pounds on.

It's football - you can tell the 'players' from the also rans from an early stage. If Annesley hasn't got it at this point, a few pounds on his frame in the next year or two is doing nothing other than slowing him down 😉

Mind you, it being football, and our backs being against the wall, I guess we have to go with what we have and hope for the best.

I think perhaps a 'whatever' attitude might be appropriate for tomorrow's game. Sparky will be up for putting one over on his old club, his players will be looking to gain a higher league scalp and it is cup football, so anything might happen. JDT needs a result and a chance for his players to draw breath and regain the composure they were showing at first this season. We know he is a planner and a man-manager, so perhaps he will get a tune out of our newly beleaguered troop - and since football is predominantly a 'confidence game' , maybe we will look back later on and see this as a positive turning point for the season.

Here's hoping!

COYB!!

59 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Irn Bru and deep fried Mars Bars are bound to pack the pounds on.

It's football - you can tell the 'players' from the also rans from an early stage. If Annesley hasn't got it at this point, a few pounds on his frame in the next year or two is doing nothing other than slowing him down 😉

Mind you, it being football, and our backs being against the wall, I guess we have to go with what we have and hope for the best.

I think perhaps a 'whatever' attitude might be appropriate for tomorrow's game. Sparky will be up for putting one over on his old club, his players will be looking to gain a higher league scalp and it is cup football, so anything might happen. JDT needs a result and a chance for his players to draw breath and regain the composure they were showing at first this season. We know he is a planner and a man-manager, so perhaps he will get a tune out of our newly beleaguered troop - and since football is predominantly a 'confidence game' , maybe we will look back later on and see this as a positive turning point for the season.

Here's hoping!

COYB!!

I mean there are occasional late bloomers (Jamie Vardy anyone? DJ Campbell?) but not for one second suggesting Louie might be one. Scottish leagues might be his best bet for pro football though, lower Premiership/upper Championship level there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Lancslive Predicts:

-----------------Pears

JRC----Anneysley--Pickering--Edun

----------Morton---Wharton

Markandy------Dack-----Dolan

-----------------Vale

That's up there with one of the poorest back 4's we'll have seen in a long time.

Eek.

There's no physicality in that side whatsoever.