BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Genuinely, who else do you play in Dolan's place?

Vale isn't up to it at this level - JDT knows that. Burns and Leonard are too young / unknown and need to go out on loan to prove themselves. 

That's it. That's why we signed Hirst. 

Fair point - as I said, in theory, I see the sense. He's just not had a good game for us for a long while now.

But hopefully tonight is the start of a good run for him.

• Like 1

The manager can't pick players we haven't got. If the side looks weak at all, that's down to Waggott and Broughton.

Delighted to see Adam Wharton given a chance. That wouldn't have happened under Mowbray. Pickering is a very lucky boy that we don't have any viable replacement for him however. 

Also good to see Dack back in the side in place of Szmodics. Looks like "the Dack situation" was a storm in a teacup".

Did at least think Ayala would make it through to some point in September. What a waste of a wage he is.

Don't think Dolan deserves the stick he gets on here. However he might struggle up top and if this is  JDT's preferred formation maybe it's an indication Hirst will be a regular starter when available and not merely back up.

Happy with the team given the circumstances - ie JDT saw and acted at RB from Saturday (not that I’m confident with Travis there either) and also reacted to Whartons 2nd half vs Buckleys 1st half on Saturday.

This wouldn’t have happened under Mowbray

• Like 4

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Happy with the team given the circumstances - ie JDT saw and acted at RB from Saturday (not that I’m confident with Travis there either) and also reacted to Whartons 2nd half vs Buckleys 1st half on Saturday.

This wouldn’t have happened under Mowbray

Hopefully JRC is on his way to Sunderland for a tidy sum.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I'm actually quite happy with the line -up (despite it obviously looking paper thin) only because it shows JDT is really paying attention to the squad and rewarding performance.

It's mostly the side that faced Stoke in the 2ns half.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The manager can't pick players we haven't got. If the side looks weak at all, that's down to Waggott and Broughton.

Delighted to see Adam Wharton given a chance. That wouldn't have happened under Mowbray. Pickering is a very lucky boy that we don't have any viable replacement for him however. 

Also good to see Dack back in the side in place of Szmodics. Looks like "the Dack situation" was a storm in a teacup".

Did at least think Ayala would make it through to some point in September. What a waste of a wage he is.

Don't think Dolan deserves the stick he gets on here. However he might struggle up top and if this is  JDT's preferred formation maybe it's an indication Hirst will be a regular starter when available and not merely back up.

Szmodics was concussed on Saturday and is unavailable for selection today. 

Surprised Dolan seems well ahead of Markanday given he's got a couple of goals in the cup games. 

Not sure what to think of Dolan. Gives 100% and is useful as a pest to defenders but seems technically limited. He looks fast without actually being fast. 

Thank god we got the hyam deal done in time. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, benhben said:

Surprised Dolan seems well ahead of Markanday given he's got a couple of goals in the cup games. 

Not sure what to think of Dolan. Gives 100% and is useful as a pest to defenders but seems technically limited. He looks fast without actually being fast. 

I think Dolan will be replaced by Markanday, maybe even at HT, after he's run himself into the ground.

3 minutes ago, benhben said:

Thank god we got the hyam deal done in time. 

JDT doesn't really seem to rate Markanday does he? I wonder what the player thinks of his move up here now.

One minute he's going to be the big hope of giving us that bit extra to fire us into the Premier League, the next a new manager comes in and he can't even get into a (currently) struggling Championship side.

28 minutes ago, booth said:

I love your optimism!

Its only way to be in life. Couldn't be dour or negative. I'm not that sort of person at all

26 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

well he should be able to adapt,he`s woth 15 million quid is`nt he!!!

Or you play players in the positions that suit their qualities and how tactical you want to play