BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

"Erm, here's our new signing, some kid from Rochdale".

I feel like surely this is the only reason the Rochdale kid hasn't been announced yet? Not wanting to announce just that and Markanday out on loan as our deadline day business, hoping to be able to announce the two together. Otherwise, whilst I understand the O'Brien one is probably about the mandatory fee and future contract, I can't figure out why the kid hasn't been confirmed if it's not that. Or maybe it was a last minute desperation move when the striker pursuit failed.

Either way, if we really do botch both signings it would be a damning indictment.

• Like 2

At first I thought it might be due to something as trivial as the only media bloke being in Birmingham last night for the game, going home to bed afterwards and then having some time off in lieu today before the Celtic match tonight. I thought that might explain the lack of media activity. I suspect it is bare bones stuff these days and too much to ask for someone else to handle media requirements.

But no, I think we've just been played for fools, just like with Assombalonga, just like with Dembele and many many more.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

All this is definitely rovers fault. I’d put bloody good money on it. They’re a bloody shambles normally day to day and they particularly excel in their general incompetence during the January transfer window.

Yet half the fans won't have it and think we need this setup. We are a club that should be protesting against it's board and owners but the reality is we do absolutely nothing.

• Like 5

I feel desperately sorry for O'Brien.

Let's just hope it's a small administrative oversight and our appeal is successful.  At least it would soften the blow on what has been a very disappointing window.

As an absolute minimum, I think Rovers need to review their transfer window planning, strategy and execution.  Lessons must be learnt

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Yet half the fans won't have it and think we need this setup. We are a club that should be protesting against it's board and owners but the reality is we do absolutely nothing.

Why waste your breath? The Venkys aren't going to be pressured into selling.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Blackburn’s on-off move for Lewis O’Brien move is in the balance … and here is the breakdown of the drama.

Deadline day starts with Rovers following up a previous inquiry for the Nottingham Forest midfielder.

Rovers are happy to pay his wages in full on loan for the rest of the season and wait on the player to decide.

West Brom coach Carlos Corberan wants his old Huddersfield player to join his squad but the club is yet to commit.

Sheffield United are desperate for O’Brien and the player is keen on them. However Blades are under a transfer embargo and need to sell Sander Berge.

The Norwegian is waiting on Newcastle, who do not seem keen come the crunch. Alternative choices are headed by Brighton but they pull the plug in Moises Caicedo leaving and do not come in.

By this point Blackburn have kicked on and say they will take O’Brien and agree to the Forest demand that they sign him for £10 million.

This part of the deal hinges on Rovers being promoted and they are happy to do that. Baggies do not want to sign up for that plan.

At 3pm on deadline day O’Brien gives the green light to Blackburn and heads to Manchester for a medical.

There are no snags and his agents are at Blackburn to sort out terms on the potential full time move at the end of it.

O’Brien’s advisors and Blackburn discuss what the wages and length of contract will be in the deal should they go up.

Those figures are disclosed and Blackburn are not out off, but no contract for that eventuality is signed.

Paperwork is done and sent over for the loan but the timing is delayed by those discussions over the future of the player AFTER the end of the season.

There are no problems again and Forest say they are happy for the deal to go ahead on the basis agreed between the clubs.

In the frantic final minutes O’Brien, who did his interview with the club press, was interrupted just before the deadline to sign the form.

But then it is discovered that ONE signed form that was needed for the deal to proceed was not sent off after it was signed before 11pm.

Now the EFL are looking into the details and the explanations of the case - among several others that are also borderline decisions.

What an absolute clusterfuck. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Blackburn’s on-off move for Lewis O’Brien move is in the balance … and here is the breakdown of the drama.

Deadline day starts with Rovers following up a previous inquiry for the Nottingham Forest midfielder.

Rovers are happy to pay his wages in full on loan for the rest of the season and wait on the player to decide.

West Brom coach Carlos Corberan wants his old Huddersfield player to join his squad but the club is yet to commit.

Sheffield United are desperate for O’Brien and the player is keen on them. However Blades are under a transfer embargo and need to sell Sander Berge.

The Norwegian is waiting on Newcastle, who do not seem keen come the crunch. Alternative choices are headed by Brighton but they pull the plug in Moises Caicedo leaving and do not come in.

By this point Blackburn have kicked on and say they will take O’Brien and agree to the Forest demand that they sign him for £10 million.

This part of the deal hinges on Rovers being promoted and they are happy to do that. Baggies do not want to sign up for that plan.

At 3pm on deadline day O’Brien gives the green light to Blackburn and heads to Manchester for a medical.

There are no snags and his agents are at Blackburn to sort out terms on the potential full time move at the end of it.

O’Brien’s advisors and Blackburn discuss what the wages and length of contract will be in the deal should they go up.

Those figures are disclosed and Blackburn are not out off, but no contract for that eventuality is signed.

Paperwork is done and sent over for the loan but the timing is delayed by those discussions over the future of the player AFTER the end of the season.

There are no problems again and Forest say they are happy for the deal to go ahead on the basis agreed between the clubs.

In the frantic final minutes O’Brien, who did his interview with the club press, was interrupted just before the deadline to sign the form.

But then it is discovered that ONE signed form that was needed for the deal to proceed was not sent off after it was signed before 11pm.

Now the EFL are looking into the details and the explanations of the case - among several others that are also borderline decisions.

Alright, so that doesnt sound too bad. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd do it for as little as 50k in the first year tbh if pushed, rising signficantly if they're happy with me (well, I would if we had owners capable of assessing that...). It's a lot more than I'm bringing in now...

I'll job-share with you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Now this story has been leaked….There’s no way EFL can approve. How is that fair on other teams who have been in similar positions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Wow.

Think it will all boil down to just how significant the document is they missed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

You're right. Fans of other clubs see us sat in the play off places and take the lack of public protests and unrest towards the owners as a sign that things are good now. That the owners have learnt their lesson and should be given credit for still putting money in after all these years.

If they knew how much of a shambles the club has been, and still is, under these owners I think they would be stunned. It has been utter shit from the moment they walked through the doors. Now we have another moment for others to laugh at.

Other clubs have had it bad too, and there is certainly competition for this lot in the 'worst owners ever' stake. However, 12 years of this crap, with things getting worse, more embarrassing, more ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen anything else like it.

Doesn’t help when sections of our own fanbase trot out the badly advised routine and the we’d be fecked without them . I want these scumbags gone, it’s infuriating this limbo we exist in 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Alright, so that doesnt sound too bad. 

Not too sure tbh. I feel as much for O'Brien to be honest, through no fault of his own he could be sidelined till the end of the season. Wonder what the answer would be if we went back in for him in the summer ?

Just now, Paul Mani said:

What an absolute clusterfuck. 

Honestly, not really, from my reading.

Agents brinksmanshipped the future contract negotiations based on need to get everything done very quickly for deadline and created a rush/panic, which leads to confusion and then a mistake on a form. I have no idea about the grounds on which the EFL would allow this to go through, but it’s one form, that was probably signed in time, hopefully wouldn’t materially change the nature of the registration and should be looked at as a small admin error. If there’s enough conclusive evidence of agreement and adherence to the rules otherwise, you’d hope it goes through… he says, as a total layman with no experience in football administration.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

If that's what happened then I think they will win the appeal. However that doesn't excuse the gross incompetence.

• Like 4