BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Believe it or not, there is at least one Rovers fan who is looking at the league table with us in third place, the Carabao Cup draw for the fourth round with us in it, who is not in the least bit "angry".

I’d find it very difficult to believe any Rovers fan isn’t the least bit angry after that to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We'd have to buy about 8 new starters if we got promoted. This team / squad would set record low points totals. 

Good job promotion is worth about a quarter of a billion quid then isn’t it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

I’d find it very difficult to believe any Rovers fan isn’t the least bit angry after that to be honest.

I am disappointed, but not angry. There are always going to be bad days, that is the reality of being a supporter.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I think this is a very poor standard. Like very very poor. You don't have to be a great team to do well in it. We are a few signings away from getting automatic if we don't get up this season. It's a crazy league. Get two decent midfielders in who are aggressive and experienced and the difference would be night and day from the powderpuff dirt we have grown accustomed to.

Well let's hope we've got £9m+ lying around in January then because we desperately need a striker on top of those two 'decent midfielders'. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Believe it or not, there is at least one Rovers fan who is looking at the league table with us in third place, the Carabao Cup draw for the fourth round with us in it, who is not in the least bit "angry".

Really you are joking aren’t you. If that’s true then you have know idea whatsoever of how important dealing with them is. If you don’t feel the absolute devastation of that  loss and it’s manner then you don’t understand what being a rovers supporter is. It’s not about league position or cups it’s ten times more important than that. It’s about showing up, not backing down , putting your heart into it. All the things we just surrendered. I don’t care if we lost 3 against Cardiff Wigan or reading that’s football but not there and not that way

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I genuinely think they've extended his contract as they see him as an asset to be sold i.e. we're sick of losing players for nowt. They got a fee for Magloire and I think that's the plan from now on, the Academy has to bring in money from those rejected for our first team (as well as providing like 5 starters in the first XI like it has done for the last few years).

He'll drop down to L1 / L2 for £250k or something and have a career for himself. 

vale would struggle even more in the lower divisions because it`s more physical and the ball is flying around in the air quicker,those beefy defenders in the lower divisions would have him for dinner

Absolutely dire. I can barely bring myself to comment.

Sadly, it is no surprise - virtually every away match this season has been a dress rehearsal for that performance today. Playing those tactics with our set of players is suicide against a team like Burnley. We simply handed them the game on a plate.  Why persist with it ? why why why ?

A bit of passion may have helped to ease the pain a little - but no!

I think our league position is flattering and I'm not hopeful for the rest of the season.

I'm sure our lovely owners in India are hurting as much as I am !! The nightmare continues.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

vale would struggle even more in the lower divisions because it`s more physical and the ball is flying around in the air quicker,those beefy defenders in the lower divisions would have him for dinner

I think he'd find far more time and space in the lower leagues. His game is all about playing the ball into his feet - he actually has some nice touches when he gets the ball under control.

Just now, Boroblue said:

Really you are joking aren’t you. If that’s true then you have know idea whatsoever of how important dealing with them is. If you don’t feel the absolute devastation of that  loss and it’s manner then you don’t understand what being a rovers supporter is. It’s not about league position or cups it’s ten times more important than that. It’s about showing up, not backing down , putting your heart into it. All the things we just surrendered. I don’t care if we lost 3 against Cardiff Wigan or reading that’s football but not there and not that way

Having supported the club since 1963 through thick and thin I totally understand what being a supporter is, and as I understand it from a post above from one of the administrators having a pop at another poster leads to a holiday from the board.

• Like 2

Echoing what many others have said but for me the most disappointing thing about today is the fact we never even laid a glove on them. At least have a go - the manager and team just don't seem to have "got" the fact that this is a bit of a special fixture at all.

Individually I don't think JDT is picking his best players either. For me the two Wharton's are our best centre half and best midfielder respectively. Dack is also one of our most talented players but off field issues appear to be preventing his selection. Add that to the fact that you're playing Brittain on the wrong side and I think you're making life very difficult for yourself.

Still no idea whatsoever how this season is going to end up.

• Like 2

I think now is a good time to take stock of where we are. A little bit of honesty needed.

We aren’t a good team despite what the table might suggest. We’ve lost 9 league games and it’s only mid November. Good teams don’t do that. Burnley only had to turn up today to win at a canter, - it could have been 5 or 6 - in a Derby game. Thomason was found out to be totally clueless as to how to get a performance in such a game. He was found out to be tactically naive and fielded a team incapable of posing any kind of threat.  It also has to be said that while we have a number of talented youngsters at the club, we are pretty close to being a one man team. Stop Brereton and we have almost nothing to offer.

Today should mark a big wake up call. We are lacking in a lot of areas. Thomason has a lot to learn. 

Edited by den
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Morton is getting worse the more he plays.

Mola was a disappointment and was getting ripped apart late in the game but it only the 2nd time I've seen him play and he was decent at WHAM so gets a break.

Garrett was a mistake made by the manager.

So, two non performers in midfield and we expect to defend for 90 and maybe even score ourselves?

It might happen in the Swedish Sunday League but not at Championship level.

Only your point about Garrett stands Mola was a monster in the first half !

Because of the lack of tactical nouse Morton was exposed as a result of Garrett being out of touch with the game and because he was so lost we had a huge space across the middle which Burnley used to their advantage.

There was no reason to set the team up as they did today - it should have been Brittain Wharton Hyam Ayala and Pickering across the back that would have nullified burnleys attack.

midfield should have been Hedges Travis and Buckley with Morton as the free man with BBD up front.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Morton is getting worse the more he plays.

Mola was a disappointment and was getting ripped apart late in the game but it only the 2nd time I've seen him play and he was decent at WHAM so gets a break.

Garrett was a mistake made by the manager.

So, two non performers in midfield and we expect to defend for 90 and maybe even score ourselves?

It might happen in the Swedish Sunday League but not at Championship level.

Mola looks better at left sided midfield, than he does at center-back.

1 minute ago, den said:

I think now is a good time to take stock of where we are. A little bit of honesty needed.

We aren’t a good team despite what the table might suggest. We’ve lost 9 league games and it’s only mid November. Good teams don’t do that. Burnley only had to turn up today to win at a canter, - it could have been 5 or 6 - in a Derby game. Thomason was found out to be totally clueless as to how to get a performance in such a game. He was found out to be tactically naive and fielded a team incapable of posing any kind of threat.  It also has to be said that while we a number of talented youngsters at the club, we are pretty close to being a one man team. Stop Brereton and we have almost nothing to offer.

Today should mark a big wake up call. We are lacking in a lot of areas. Thomason has a lot to learn. 

He obviously didn’t understand the importance of the fixture at all. Kompany has lived in the North West a long while, he knew how much this matters. From me it’s a real black mark against JDT and whoever pulled on a shirt today. Totally unacceptable for Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Having supported the club since 1963 through thick and thin I totally understand what being a supporter is, and as I understand it from a post above from one of the administrators having a pop at another poster leads to a holiday from the board.

Not an attractive look when a poster is going round waving imaginary reds in the direction of the moderators.

I think the point being made is over the manner of the defeat against our biggest rivals and I think it's a fair stance to take that this is an afternoon for anger over the nature of the performance rather than mere disappointment over the result per se.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Minis v Ferraris

One team spent over £20m in the summer, one team spent just over £4m.

You get what you pay for in this league and it showed again today.

You can’t buy passion and effort though.

Shame, we could’ve done with some. It’s a pity the lads brought up in Wilpshire were not involved, might have got a bit.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not an attractive look when a poster is going round waving imaginary reds in the direction of the moderators.

I think the point being made is over the manner of the defeat against our biggest rivals and I think it's a fair stance to take that this is an afternoon for anger over the nature of the performance rather than mere disappointment over the result per se.

Each and every one of us  can decide for ourselves whether anger or disappointment is the appropriate response - rather than have self-elected leaders try to decide for us !

I was quoting the statement of one of the moderators !

Edited by Mashed Potatoes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I must be honest I’m 63 and I can’t recall a performance against them as bad as that. They may have a few better players than us but not by much. The difference is not a gap that couldn’t be matched by effort and commitment.

If they go up they’ll come straight back down because if you get in their face they are defensively frail. Why we didn’t god only knows

it was mowbrayesque in the surrender but I suppose when you play a big club like Burnley  what can you expect it’s not 1995

I think Easter 1979 at Ewood was worse. 

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Out of order and not the first time you've done it

20 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I dont think promotion from this Division as ever been on the agenda ..

Kean ,Berg , Appleton ,  Bowyer , Coyle , Mowbray and now JDT ...

Not going to happen anytime soon..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Minis v Ferraris

One team spent over £20m in the summer, one team spent just over £4m.

You get what you pay for in this league and it showed again today.

No Gav that’s not true. The gap between can be breached with belief effort and commitment. They are not city there not even Fulham. We let ourselves down completely it was embarrassing

We didn’t even learn from Crawley Sheff or Rotherham.

• Like 8