BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

11 minutes ago, imy9 said:

In the summer he needs to go to the gym and bulk up, wafer thin at the moment!

They should be beasts by 18 and yet he is not, adding some serious SnC training into his schedule would benefit his whole career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Adam Wharton was a class act today and pulled off some incisive passes that split their defence wide open. Some players like that don't necessarily need urgency. Think Tugay.

He's good going forward, just work on his conditioning and real cardio fitness and we have a player.  At the moment we can't rely on him working back

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Thought he did alright for first start in a while but also think that if Morton put in a performance like that no one would be making a big deal about it. Gets an extra 2 out of 10 from people on account of being a Rovers fan in my opinion.

As others have said, definitely needs a solid summer in the gym.

51 minutes ago, rigger said:

Of all the performances that I have seen Adam Wharton give, todays was his least impressive.

Really!? West Ham away he was dreadful & Bristol city at home he wasn’t great either. 

He put some great balls through today, & like a lot have said, no other player can pick passes like he can, our midfield trio were all great today.

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Really!? West Ham away he was dreadful & Bristol city at home he wasn’t great either. 

He put some great balls through today, & like a lot have said, no other player can pick passes like he can, our midfield trio were all great today.

I didn't see the West Ham game.  

14 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Thought he did alright for first start in a while but also think that if Morton put in a performance like that no one would be making a big deal about it. Gets an extra 2 out of 10 from people on account of being a Rovers fan in my opinion.

As others have said, definitely needs a solid summer in the gym.

You commented as much a couple of times on the match thread. Not sure if you are anti-Wharton or pro-Morton, but I’ve already spotted you as having an issue on this. 

Morton doesn’t put performances in like that as he doesn’t have the ability or vision to turn forwards with his first touch or play quick accurate balls into feet. Morton did, however, benefit from having players infront of him today who could do that so he didn’t have to. That way he could mop up and move it about out the back. He was also ok today and put a great ball in for the goal, but did pull out of 50/50 which was crucial which left them on one of their only dangerous breaks of the second half.

And before you comment, both took rubbish corners in that game. It’s a common problem with Rovers. Even the much-touted Thomas can’t really take them.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Wharton played some great passes today, he's also got some ability to protect the ball and beat a defender over a few yards. He did enough to keep his place for the next game.

Caution is required though. It was a game we largely dominated and as such, we had more of the ball. Also it was a midfield three - in a match with less of the ball, or playing 2 in the centre, he'd come under much more pressure. Those scenarios will be more telling in how ready he is or how far he can go. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You commented as much a couple of times on the match thread. Not sure if you are anti-Wharton or pro-Morton, but I’ve already spotted you as having an issue on this. 

Morton doesn’t put performances in like that as he doesn’t have the ability or vision to turn forwards with his first touch or play quick accurate balls into feet. Morton did, however, benefit from having players infront of him today who could do that so he didn’t have to. That way he could mop up and move it about out the back. He was also ok today and put a great ball in for the goal, but did pull out of 50/50 which was crucial which left them on one of their only dangerous breaks of the second half.

And before you comment, both took rubbish corners in that game. It’s a common problem with Rovers. Even the much-touted Thomas can’t really take them.

Weird that you’re collecting a dossier on me but whatever. Think I only made a comment about one corner.

I’m no Morton fan, think he’s crap tbh and don’t imagine he’ll have a career anywhere near the top division. I do however think there are some ridiculous double standards applied to certain players.

Absolutely top notch player on the ball. His touch and vision is premier league class. 

He's probably a bit too casual out of possession and too lightweight to start games regularly at the moment. He's perfect for games like today though when you know the opposition will park the bus. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Weird that you’re collecting a dossier on me but whatever. Think I only made a comment about one corner.

I’m no Morton fan, think he’s crap tbh and don’t imagine he’ll have a career anywhere near the top division. I do however think there are some ridiculous double standards applied to certain players.

Morton has started 28 league games this season compared to Morton’s 7. In those 7 games he’s been MOTM against Blackpool and arguably at Hull. Morton has, as far as I’m aware, not put in a performance of that quality. He’s also been pretty bad some games and been responsible for a number of goals through stupidity. Early on in the season there were very, very few comments about him starting, but as we’ve seen him play more and more it has become obvious he isn’t good enough. Wharton, on the other hand, looks like he may be pretty good. Therefore, as one is proven poor and one isn’t, it’s pretty logical that Morton is now being picked up on every bad point he does as we’ve had a full season of it. It’s not really double standard.

Back to the match thread, I’m not collecting a dossier. I just thought it a really odd comment during a match that instead of commenting on how bad the corner was (which would have been fair) you posted “Shite corner from Wharton. Would love to see the reaction if Morton had taken that.” which is a pop at people criticising Morton.

Strange behaviour. But then I now see a few pages back you said

”Exactly, he’s fucking 18, he’s not going to magically change our season. Get that in your head.

The bollocks talked about Wharton is insane, he’s getting better by not playing, purely in peoples heads. If he wasn’t a Rovers fan no one would care he wasn’t been picked for having a shit attitude.”

And before that there’s plenty of other “Wharton isn’t the answer” posts from you. And thus you can’t accept you were wrong and he actually had a positive impact today despite most other peoples views backing this up, hence the need to try and put him down both through the match and after..

Edited by Hasta

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Morton has started 28 league games this season compared to Morton’s 7. In those 7 games he’s been MOTM against Blackpool and arguably at Hull. Morton has, as far as I’m aware, not put in a performance of that quality. He’s also been pretty bad some games and been responsible for a number of goals through stupidity. Early on in the season there were very, very few comments about him starting, but as we’ve seen him play more and more it has become obvious he isn’t good enough. Wharton, on the other hand, looks like he may be pretty good. Therefore, as one is proven poor and one isn’t, it’s pretty logical that Morton is now being picked up on every bad point he does as we’ve had a full season of it. It’s not really double standard.

Back to the match thread, I’m not collecting a dossier. I just thought it a really odd comment during a match that instead of commenting on how bad the corner was (which would have been fair) you posted “Shite corner from Wharton. Would love to see the reaction if Morton had taken that.” which is a pop at people criticising Morton.

Strange behaviour. But then I now see a few pages back you said

”Exactly, he’s fucking 18, he’s not going to magically change our season. Get that in your head.

The bollocks talked about Wharton is insane, he’s getting better by not playing, purely in peoples heads. If he wasn’t a Rovers fan no one would care he wasn’t been picked for having a shit attitude.”

And before that there’s plenty of other “Wharton isn’t good enough” posts from you. And thus you can’t accept you were wrong and he actually had a positive impact today despite most other peoples views, hence the need to try and put him down both through the match and after..

This is wild! Not sure what I’ve done to incur such research of my posting history 😂

He was alright today, as I said in this thread (which you haven’t included in your extensive note above). Not sure where you’ve got that I’m putting him down? 

Not a pop at people criticising Morton (who as I’ve said is crap), you’re inferring something that isn’t there. It’s more the fact that we have another young player also making mistakes who doesn’t get the same treatment.

Finally, to revisit your “Wharton isnt good enough jibe”, be surprised if you find that from me, but feel free to spend the rest of your bank holiday going through the rest of my post history 👍

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

There appears to be an obsession amongst some posters about 'bulking up' young players. Like Buckley Wharton has terrific balance and can ride challenges so well because of this. He demonstrated against Blackpool that he can tackle too. Tackling is more about timing than steaming in like a bull in a China Shop.

Scott Sellars weighed 9st and he wasn't a bad player 

• Like 3