BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

with his hand tbf

Yes and of course I want the right call but can't let it get to that position, especially with the shit officials in this league. How many corners did they have in the last 5 mins? 6-8? As someone said earlier, suicide football. 1 up and gamble on the opposition not scoring instead of having the nous to manage the game, even when we were 1 up we were frantic and unorganised.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He doesn't look right, but I'd start him over Dolan. Maybe start Sorba next and put Ben in the middle if Sam is out for a fortnight.

“ Put Ben in the middle “???…….Ben just needs putting out of his misery …as far away from here as possible… ..stealing a living !

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

We're lucky that results went our way over the past couple of nights, and we're still clinging on to 6th. A horrible way to drop two points though. At this point if we announced tomorrow that BBD had been released early to join Villareal I'd be happy with that. Would rather see Leonard on the pitch for the last four games. 

Looking at our GD compared to the teams around us, it really is bizarre that we're in the mix at all. -2 whilst every other team in the top ten has a GD of +8 or higher. It's been a strange season. 

I think Huddersfield are the only team to ever get promoted with a negative GD

• Like 1

Hard to swallow that, but everyone put a shift in. I think I was sweating blood in the last 20 mins. It wasn’t to be, but had we lost, it was probably all over.

We can definitely get something at Preston and will know the other results by the time we play.

This time next week, if it is still in our own hands, I think we will do it.

Nail biting stuff and it will be hard to sleep tonight now. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Silas said:

So definitely wouldn't have the bottle when in the playoffs too. 

Naff I know, but I'm feeling quite philosophical about it.

Would definitely be nice to get a lottery ticket, but I would still feel as likely to win a prize as at a village fete with about 500 entrants. 

We're not there yet. But we're closer than ever. 

I know the playoffs are essentially cup games and anything can happen, but if we stumbled into them on our current form you can't help but think Boro with their 82 goals would absolutely smash us over two legs if we got them in the semis. Yes they've conceded 52, but we have no decent strikers so that probably wouldn't help much. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Can't blame the keeper for that. 

Handball.

Why was Wilson allowed time and space unmarked in the box

Why did we give them all the time and possession free kicks and corner in the final 5mins

Why bring on morton

Szmodics 'marked' him. Could still have been cleared on the first post though. With the amount of set pieces they had in the final third of the match, it was no wonder they eventually scored. Poor decision by the ref not to see the handball but we could easily have been down to ten men with Travis close to a second yellow as well.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We were done over by the ref tonight the equaliser was a clear handball and they should have had a man sent off for the studs down the back of Szmodics leg, that he didn't even book him summed his performance up.

Brereton was a disgrace tonight it is time to stop playing him as his heart is not in it. The equaliser summed it up we launch a free kick into their half and he's stood in an offside position. From the free kick for the offside they get the corner that leads to the goal.

On balance though, Travis was on a yellow and he kung fu kicked their player, so that also could have been a red.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So I gather their GK punched one in and another of their players studded Szmodics down his shin and wasn't sent off?

These things even up eventually, right? Right?

Travis was lucky not to be sent off for a second yellow so kind of evened out. What's Brereton doing when the cross comes in at the end?! Such a painful end to teh game after being in control for so long

• Like 2

Overall thought it was a pretty good performance where we were overall much the better team till the last 20 mins... But if we can't see  game out we are not going anywhere. 

Needed to get the second when we had the chances, and needed some old heads to bring on to manage out the game last 20 mins.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Can't blame the keeper for that. 

Handball.

Why was Wilson allowed time and space unmarked in the box

Why did we give them all the time and possession free kicks and corner in the final 5mins

Why bring on morton

I was thinking more that if you're lacking bottle, then tim is yer man to bring in 

https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/860607416878190592

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

“ Put Ben in the middle “???…….Ben just needs putting out of his misery …as far away from here as possible… ..stealing a living !

Who would you start if Gallagher is out for a few weeks? Dolan proved versus Hull and tonight that he shouldn't play central striker.

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Well played and fought Rovers, almost everyone put a shift in. Did Brereton play?

Some good results elsewhere for us too. Still in our own hands and no fat lady yet. COYB!

He’s been found out…only play us to cut in from the left and shoot. Tried it in a counter and lost it. Needs to be able to beat players around the left…until he does defenders will just show him wide 

Such a shame, after a good first half.

Unless Wharton took a knock, I do not understand taking him off - he was running the game and would have been invaluable in those final minutes.

But if you can't beat the likes of Coventry, you have to question if you deserve a top 6 finish.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

I know the playoffs are essentially cup games and anything can happen, but if we stumbled into them on our current form you can't help but think Boro with their 82 goals would absolutely smash us over two legs if we got them in the semis. Yes they've conceded 52, but we have no decent strikers so that probably wouldn't help much. 

We can't kill teams off. Not enough firepower.

Dolan was poor when he came on but he's not a centre forward, he should replace Brereton if any.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We were done over by the ref tonight the equaliser was a clear handball and they should have had a man sent off for the studs down the back of Szmodics leg, that he didn't even book him summed his performance up.

Brereton was a disgrace tonight it is time to stop playing him as his heart is not in it. The equaliser summed it up we launch a free kick into their half and he's stood in an offside position. From the free kick for the offside they get the corner that leads to the goal.

It was the same on Saturday against Hull. Their full back is running the ball back into the corner with nowhere to go. What does Brererton do - push the full back in the back and concede a free kick. He can’t have a brain in his head.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Gutting, it was definitely handball. It's not too damaging given other results, it's just as you were really. 

How we've got on such a long winless run yet are still in the top 6 is baffling. Surely we're due a win soon. 

Think it is damaging. You can't draw home games against promotion contenders and expext to finish in top 6. The ref was shocking and so was Diaz. Sadly he'll still be in the side due to Gallagher being out.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Overall thought it was a pretty good performance where we were overall much the better team till the last 20 mins... But if we can't see  game out we are not going anywhere. 

Needed to get the second when we had the chances, and needed some old heads to bring on to manage out the game last 20 mins.

Tbf we only had two shots on target and scored one of them, so a 50% conversion rate of our chances is good going. 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Not the right attitude I'm aware but wouldn't it be nice to just get there and see what happens. Big buzz around the club, two games at least, progression. We are losing and drawing our way into them currently but upon reflection we have dropped a criminal amount of point the last 6 games.