BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very happy with the performance? Really?

If we see that out, its your typical grinding out a 1 nil and thats great. But I didn't see a very good performance at all. Cagey, even first half, little in it. Did we ever look like scoring after that? We didnt seem to have any interest in pushing for a second and going forward we offered nothing.

Yes we played very well. Defending very well and kept their star striker quite all game. 

Yes we had a couple of chances like Hedges and Gallagher blocked shots. 

If you don't agree that we played very good performance that's fine by me. 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You say keep playing well, we have been shit lately.

We played well at Huddersfield and tonight. 

58 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Just no words….totally threw the match away with the negative approach in last 20 mins and bizarre substitutions.

How was the subs bizarre? 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

I certainly think there’s an element of doubt either way 

https://twitter.com/Moseley3_/status/1648800440375554049?s=20

It's handball clearly. No doubt at all

• Like 2

A devastating but not unsurprising finish.

JDT's game management was appalling tonight.

When he took Adam Wharton off with only minutes to go, it changed the game.  2 or 3 up then I get it but finely poised then no chance.  Our substitutions just made everything worse.  Just wtf does Morton offer?  Dolan was like a schoolboy and totally lost.

Brittain was sh1te tonight as was Brereton.

Brereton should not play for us again.  I think he's half arsed (caught unnecessarily offside which gave Coventry opportunity to get in our half and get a corner which led to our goal), concedes stupid and petulant fouls and looks a very poor player.

Being saying for weeks that Adam Wharton must start games - I would suggest our play off place would already have been secured if, IMO, JDT had not p1ssed about with the lad.

Gallagher injured and likely to miss the rest of the season - Leonard HAS to start, can he really offer any less than Brereton and Dolan!?

I don't blame the ref nor linesman for not spotting the handball - even on TV it was a difficult one.  They should have ended up with 10 men as indeed should we (lucky man there Travis).

No doubt we are up against it now - reminds me a little bit of the final matches in 1991/92 season and we know how that season finished.  One can only live in hope.  

Tonight was devastatingly disappointing but at least the curry and wine were spot on!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we played very well. Defending very well and kept their star striker quite all game. 

Yes we had a couple of chances like Hedges and Gallagher blocked shots. 

If you don't agree that we played very good performance that's fine by me. 

We played well at Huddersfield and tonight. 

How was the subs bizarre? 

It's handball clearly. No doubt at all

"Very" well? Like I said, had we won, it would have fit the grinding out a 1 nil win narrative but we certainly didn't play "very well." Very passive, no real intention to attack and never offering a threat hence why the only other chances you can think of were blocked!

We played well at Huddersfield, that is the only game we have played well really since the international break, where the results have been won 0, drawn 3, lost 2. Continuing with things is not right, we need to have a re-think because we are again as for much of the season are not offering barely any goal threat. Performances are dull, we struggled to break teams down and we are not half as defensively stable as we once were.

How were the subs bizarre? Going to a back 5 as we did unsuccessfully at Sheff United handed the initiative even more to Coventry. Taking Adam Wharton off was strange too.

• Like 4

Bad sporting night. First the devastating result from Ewood and then I watched the Boston Red Sox get hammered at home by the Minnesota Twins. The baseball fans at Fenway Park were not happy but at least the beer and the burgers were good 😊 

Realistically you have to say the playoffs are gone now. We don’t score enough goals and if we can’t hang on to a one goal lead against Coventry we certainly won’t against fired up local rivals in Lancashire derbies. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

"Very" well? Like I said, had we won, it would have fit the grinding out a 1 nil win narrative but we certainly didn't play "very well." Very passive, no real intention to attack and never offering a threat hence why the only other chances you can think of were blocked!

That's is my opinion if you disagree fine but we kept their star striker quiet all game plus restricted their chances

I don't think we were very passive at all. 

We had 4 blocked shots and 2 shots on target. 

We played well at Huddersfield, that is the only game we have played well really since the international break, where the results have been won 0, drawn 3, lost 2. Continuing with things is not right, we need to have a re-think because we are again as for much of the season are not offering barely any goal threat. Performances are dull, we struggled to break teams down and we are not half as defensively stable as we once were.

We got into good areas tonight but final decision making at times poor. 

How were the subs bizarre? Going to a back 5 as we did unsuccessfully at Sheff United handed the initiative even more to Coventry. Taking Adam Wharton off was strange too.

Coventry were coming at us and JDT wanted to make us solid at the back which worked until the final corner which the Keeper handball it in the ref. 

We missed Gallagher after he went off. Couldn't keep hold of the ball after that. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

I knew I wouldn’t sleep and here I am again on here at silly O’Clock. Been trying to work out, how this weekends results will go and how we will be feeling when he kick off on Saturday.

I think Coventry and Millwall will win and if they do, I think we need to. I then think WBA will beat Sunderland on Sunday. If that does all happen and especially if we can win, then a point V the Dingles, would be a good one.

I still have this funny feeling we will go to Millwall on the final day and both teams will need one point to finish in the top six.

It would be so much better, had we held on, but to coin a phrase “This is Blackburn Rovers’. 

Dolan, deary me, I can’t recall a worse cameo in 35 years watching the game. Couldn’t keep up with the game at all, never got close to the ball. You can send him down to the end of the bench for the rest of the season. Closely followed by the hapless Brereton, when he is good he is great and when he is bad he doesn’t even look like a footballer. Can you get your bloody finger out son and give us something before you head off to the sunset, FOR FREE! With Gally injured and Dolan looking like a 12 year old, benching him isn’t an option. Leonard’s time too shine hopefully

Felt sick at the final whistle, played them off the park for 75 mins tonight. 

Hate the remaining fixtures, that was our chance me thinks and that bloody goalkeeper has stolen it from us.

JRC, Wharton, Travis, Hedges all excellent for me. Decent core, need at least two forwards if we have any ambition of getting out of this league.

Is Dack back next week?

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

On reflection it was a good performance up until the last 15 mins. Clearly we have players who were tired and running on empty- issue? Who do we replace them with? Wharton for Morten- 18 year old for a 20 year old? Up front Gally for a 21 year old? The elephant in the room is the lack of a CM and striker in the window. It is killing our play off hopes. Also Ben looks semi fit at best but no one can question his worth ethic surely?

I am still hopeful because we can go out there and beat any team- including Burnley but decisions like that blatant hand ball for the goal- how poor are the refs in this league.

We are in the top 6, there are two places on offer and we need to keep going- Arte et Labore.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was probably most annoyed tonight with one incident in stoppage time. We have a free kick for offside and Pears does he bit by taking an eternity. When he knocks it upfield he aims for Brereton,  our focal point after Gallagher went off. It's a decent kick but big dopey Brereton is stood offside thus giving Coventry possession and a chance to put us under pressure. Just after they get the corner from which they scored. 

How many times was he offside last night in general? Very poor game from him. I think at this stage he's playing by default because he does have a knack of playing poor all game and scoring and there's little in the way of alternatives. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, neophox said:

Had we signed an Undav or another striker that would really had helped us this season. Don't know how much we can rely on Dack but with pacy wingers around him he has that natural goalscoring touch we currently missing.

Had we signed O'Brien that would have helped us.

Waggot and co made sure that didn't happen. 

• Like 1

Two games in a row we have allowed an opposition player the freedom of Ewood after the ht break to waltz from their own half to the edge of our box. What exactly is Jdt sending them back fired up with. 
I really didn’t like the way we started to camp in our own half , we asked for that ending 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How did he cheat ? BBD pushed him in the back with both hands ! Of course he’ll go down. BBD shouldn’t have made it easy for him.

There was no force at all - he felt contact and threw himself to the ground. 

Brereton-Diaz was just gauging the distance with an outstretched arm - he wouldn't have pushed over a toddler.

Sickening end to an otherwise exciting game of football. Sadly the responsibility for the outcome lies fully at the manager's door. When you are dominating an opponent for that much of a game, there is no logic (in my 50 years plus of football) that says change it so that you invite them on. No, in my book the best form of defence is attack. If your defence is coping with their attack, go after them whilst they are busy trying to score, not allow them to press you back so far that you are literally toe to toe on your goal line with ALL of their team desperate to score.

Poor from JDT that.

Almost as if we didn't want to win.

What is wrong with sending the home fans home happy, once in a fooking while? I doubt we will have much to cheer about next Tuesday, ffs.

A lot of negativity on here. I’m quite relaxed about the whole thing. 2 good derby results and that should see us hit form and confidence at the right time for the play offs.

If we don’t get at least 4 points from the two games then we don’t deserve the play offs (I didn’t expect play offs this season anyway) and we go one step further next season.

I’m fully behind JDT. The people that aren’t…I’m not really sure what you expect 🙈

• Like 2

You might be ‘very relaxed’ and not too arsed either way, but others are very disappointed, a win last night would’ve seen us with one foot in the play offs, we could’ve afforded a defeat somewhere. Now you could be staring down the barrel after any defeat, considering we are playing a lot of rivals… so bugger off with the ‘negativity’ stuff.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was probably most annoyed tonight with one incident in stoppage time. We have a free kick for offside and Pears does he bit by taking an eternity. When he knocks it upfield he aims for Brereton,  our focal point after Gallagher went off. It's a decent kick but big dopey Brereton is stood offside thus giving Coventry possession and a chance to put us under pressure. Just after they get the corner from which they scored. 

Says it all, I hope he doesn’t play a game again! 

8 hours ago, BigBar said:

Genuine question...where you reckon? I can't see much demand..

I think mainly because he didn't get backed in the January window and he's pissed off about it.

I also think he picks up on the negative vibe from the fans. He's worked miracles this season with this squad, yet he's barely got any credit at all from supporters.

• Like 1

Before pretty much every home game I get an email from Rovers about the upcoming game and every one has a warning that any pitch incursion is an offence, breaks ground regulations and will result in action being taken. Last night a Coventry fan ran on from the Darwen End, ran around for a bit, came over the the JW Lower and goaded the Rovers fans before ambling back to the Darwen End where his mates celebrated him like a hero. There were a line of stewards he went through to get on and off the pitch and nobody even tried to get him off the pitch. In what will be a powder key situation next week will any Dingles or Rovers fans be allowed to run into the pitch without any intervention?

• Like 3

He’ll just go home and take time out if there’s no job. He left a champion team without a second thought, so he wouldn’t think twice about leaving this mediocre set up.

This fella ain’t TM, just happy for a contract anywhere at a decent level.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

A lot of negativity on here. I’m quite relaxed about the whole thing. 2 good derby results and that should see us hit form and confidence at the right time for the play offs.

If we don’t get at least 4 points from the two games then we don’t deserve the play offs (I didn’t expect play offs this season anyway) and we go one step further next season.

I’m fully behind JDT. The people that aren’t…I’m not really sure what you expect 🙈

People being annoyed that we’ve thrown away a win at the death, yeah, I’ve no idea why anyone would be negative, either….

• Like 2