BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

I watch semi professional football here in Northern Ireland a lot more regularly than I'm able to watch Rovers, and I can genuinely say there are more reliable and competent goalkeepers than him working full time jobs around their football.  I don't understand what anyone has ever seen in him.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Crazy how he can go from man of the match against Leeds to this shower he turned up today. Not the first time he has done that either, did the same what was it, a couple of months ago? Most keepers gain confidence and consistency from an excellent performance, Pears seems to switch off instead.

Maybe 7 thousand screaming Yorkshireman behind the confidence keeper isn't a good move 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Starting to consider positives going down now... 

More wins

Games v Stockport and Wrexham 

Season ticket prices falling 

And hopefully venkys fucking off 

1, 3 and 4 almost certainly wouldn’t happen (well more wins than this season, but don’t think we’d do as well as expected)

Edited by superniko

4 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Starting to consider positives going down now... 

More wins

Games v Stockport and Wrexham 

Season ticket prices falling 

And hopefully venkys fucking off 

Absolutely none of that will happen except for the Stockport and Wrexham games.

Has a Championship team ever been relegated with the top scorer?

I just have no words and no energy left for this pathetic heap of deadwood that we pay to wear the shirt every week. Where was the urgency after we went behind?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheWeasel said:

Callum Brittain really pisses me off. Epitome of a fair weather player, cried when we had a manager who had standards. A complete wimp of a player. Doesn't give a shit if we go down he'll be happy to go. Ill be happy to see him go. This lot of players are absolute rats.

He's a coward.

The only "robust" tackle he made was a needless one conceding a free kick by our corner flag.

Usually wimps out, when not passing backwards.

I cannot stand that specimen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

Maybe 7 thousand screaming Yorkshireman behind the confidence keeper isn't a good move 

Don't make a confidence keeper your #1. It's as simple as that. That Leo is the other option says everything about this club right now. 

We gave a brilliant performance in front of a Darwen End full of vocal Newcastle fans. Today we looked scared and out thought by a team who disrupted us very cleverly. 

I said , weeks ago , that we deserved to be relegated..and many on here disagreed.

We , the fans , deserve better but when you have excuses for men wearing our shirts you get what we got today. I’m not a fan of Eustace but I won’t blame him for the lack of guts, lack of balls, lack of intelligence, lack of commitment shown .

Callum Brittain would be appalling in a netball team ( I’ve played at the highest level, so I know ) He shirks every tackle , is gobbi in meetings, is weak in character….one of the worst I’ve ever seen ..and I’ve seen back to the days of Billy  Eck .

Pears..no words, Hyam …no words . 

We are an embarrassing football club run by embarrassing people…we deserve to be relegated. 
Well done Sheffield Wednesday…they weren’t good ….but they didn’t need to be. 

• Like 3

Utterly shambolic. Weds wanted it more, and that says everything when you're at home in a relegation fight. We can't rely on Sammie forever, as he'll be gone in the summer. Manager is not up to it, sham owners aren't arsed, fan base decimated. Today encapsulated the last 14-years of total mismanagement from top to bottom. Maggot should just get in his expensive car and keep driving, never to return.

It will take something if big club beats Huddersfield. We could have been safe today, but greedy twat wants seven thousand in the DE, no incentive for home fans £10 tickets for must win game?

Spineless/gutless, call it what you want, but the club is an empty shell.

Venkys, just do one, for the sake of the club and fans.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Let us hope that 49 points and GD is enough.

We will get nothing v Coventry or Leicester. Nowt.

I'm fairly confident it is. Too many teams between us and the drop still.

To go down would likely require:

Brum beating Hudds away or Norwich at home.

Sheff W beating WBA at home or Sunderland away.

Plymouth beating Millwall away or Hull at home (or getting two draws).

(Or you could swap Birmingham's for Huddersfield beating them and also beating Ipswich away, but I don't see it)

and us losing both games. Even then there's the potential for GD to save us if Brum got beaten convincingly in their other game.

I rate our chances of going down at about 20%, if we don't get any more points.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Does Waggot still think £2.5M for Kaminski was good business?! What a complete toss pot. 

Wouldn’t matter if we got £100 Million, it doesn’t go back into the team anyway.

• Like 5

Gally didn't even turn up today. Wandering around with no effort or idea.

Needed to bring Mcquire on.

Instead we brought Buckley on who shouldn't ever wear the shirt again. Pathetic.

Then we bring on 3 loanees who really give a shit in a dogfight.

Mind you we had already given up by then, the players, the manager, the staff and the fans.

The absolute polar emotions from last week to this.

Venkys Out !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

We know , who is too blame for that !

He should be falling on his sword, literally!

But , he wont , still be here next season!

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

• Backroom
15 hours ago, Tom said:

We don’t make things easy as a club do we?

I’ve not been back to Ewood since my dad passed a year or so back, my wife said she tried to book tickets for me and my eldest as a surprise but couldn’t get through the website which kept throwing up issues.

I assume it’s to do with her not having a purchase history but still we seem to complicate things!

I would like to place on record my thanks to whoever made it more difficult to attend, small mercies indeed 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Gally didn't even turn up today. Wandering around with no effort or idea.

Needed to bring Mcquire on.

Instead we brought Buckley on who shouldn't ever wear the shirt again. Pathetic.

Then we bring on 3 loanees who really give a shit in a dogfight.

Mind you we had already given up by then, the players, the manager, the staff and the fans.

The absolute polar emotions from last week to this.

Venkys Out !

For such a big unit, Gally doesn't half wimp out of using his body as an attribute. 

• Like 2