BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

On 25/07/2021 at 08:04, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray leaving and starting the season with Venus as manager would be real old school Venkys. Wouldn't be surprised

potentially interesting news,though tbh id`e have anyone in charge other than mowbray,i think he lost the dressing room halfway through last season and his depressing musings to the press were a sign he`d lost the plot completely,not sure venus is management material,could be a case of decent coach,bad manager,if mowbray does go i hope david lowe goes with him,by accounts iv`e heard he`s about as popular as a mosquito at the dinner table

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 15:28, Bigdoggsteel said:

Im actually of the belief that our current plight is purely down to the manager. The owners backed him and gave him time, he spoke of "journeys", yet here we are with 11 players gone, no clear direction on our style of play and no signings in 

They backed another clown, unfortunately

Any chance of a list of the players that have gone for an "out of thouch" fan?

On 26/07/2021 at 20:33, Rainmaker said:

Any chance of a list of the players that have gone for an "out of thouch" fan?

Holtby, Downing, Bennett, Mulgrew, Bell, Evans, (Elliott, THB, that Everton kid loans) and probably Armstrong - off the top of my head.

Nobody could complain too much about the 6 first ones leaving in isolation, it is just we now need bodies in. Squad is threadbare.

On 27/07/2021 at 08:14, JacknOry said:

Holtby, Downing, Bennett, Mulgrew, Bell, Evans, (Elliott, THB, that Everton kid loans) and probably Armstrong - off the top of my head.

Nobody could complain too much about the 6 first ones leaving in isolation, it is just we now need bodies in. Squad is threadbare.

Plus Trybull and Douglas.

Eleven out I think. No loss at all with most of them but in an ideal world I'd say we'd need three quality permanent additions in and a couple of decent loans.

And that's without losing Armstrong.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

He would usually be bemoaning his lack of players and experience. The need for recruitment. Droning on about football philosophy and how the players need to buy into it. No journey stuff. Maybe Covid has taken his voice. Obviously this is a prelude to a long repetitive LT article today

On 27/07/2021 at 14:31, Dreams of 1995 said:

Off to Swansea I believe 

Swansea in a worst position than us. Not a pot to piss in, their own players being sold and relying on loans/freebies. Any monies being generated are pocketed by the yanks. Potter threatened to walk before he took the first training session because of lack of investment. Cooper used his contacts to bring in some quality, again he threatened to walk last season and was talked out of it. I would assume Terry will talk to both of them before making a decision. All he can get from it would be one seasons experience. What would happen to his reputation if they finish near the bottom or got regulated?

This all comes from friends who are Swansea season ticket holders.

On 27/07/2021 at 15:16, JohnGo said:

Swansea in a worst position than us. Not a pot to piss in, their own players being sold and relying on loans/freebies. Any monies being generated are pocketed by the yanks. Potter threatened to walk before he took the first training session because of lack of investment. Cooper used his contacts to bring in some quality, again he threatened to walk last season and was talked out of it. I would assume Terry will talk to both of them before making a decision. All he can get from it would be one seasons experience. What would happen to his reputation if they finish near the bottom or got regulated?

This all comes from friends who are Swansea season ticket holders.

There's an interesting article on BBC as well backing up some of these points. In the vain hope of finding clubs worse than us this season Swansea and Derby seem to be trying to knock the relegation certs off of us. They seem in a bad, bad way. Difference being they have smartly recruited and been the right end of the table despite their struggles. 

On 27/07/2021 at 16:04, Blue blood said:

There's an interesting article on BBC as well backing up some of these points. In the vain hope of finding clubs worse than us this season Swansea and Derby seem to be trying to knock the relegation certs off of us. They seem in a bad, bad way. Difference being they have smartly recruited and been the right end of the table despite their struggles. 

Lets hope Rooney joins in more Derby training sessions.