Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Relegation is 8/1. I was expecting about 3/1. I’m sure that price will tumble when lose Armstrong. 

It will so if you gona go for it, I suggest now is the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lucimo said:

It will so if you gona go for it, I suggest now is the time. 

After Armstrong goes and there’s no signings I think the odds will come down. Then during Mowbray’s first august-September death spiral we’ll be odds on.

Im not convinced we will go down. Hopefully the pre Xmas new manager bounce should be enough. 

Edited by matt83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the last 18 months I’ve said given enough time Mowbray will leave us in exactly the position a Coyle left us in when he took over. I think this will be the season. Bottom 3 by December and sacked, followed by a month to find a replacement as it’ll be such a “shock”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

After Armstrong goes and there’s no signings I think the odds will come down. Then during Mowbray’s first august-September death spiral we’ll be odds on.

Im not convinced we will go down. Hopefully the pre Xmas new manager bounce should be enough. 

I've used a couple of free bets on it so not really out of pocket if we survive. Do you think they'll pot Tony if we are in trouble at Xmas? I wish i shared your confidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I've used a couple of free bets on it so not really out of pocket if we survive. Do you think they'll pot Tony if we are in trouble at Xmas? I wish i shared your confidence. 

They’ve pulled the trigger before I have to believe for my own sanity they will do again. Although I appreciate their last golden boy who shall remain nameless was allowed to walk. So hopefully with the fans in (how many are left is another thing) giving him both barrels he’ll think sod this back to boro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mowbray is only leaving if he decides to,he is`nt getting sacked,mainly because swag and himself have persauded venkys to take a back seat and let them run all departments of the club,he will get stressed though come november when we are inevitably hovering above the drop zone and the fans are getting at him,his vanity means he does`nt take criticism well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I can not believe this clown is still in here.  Morcambe ffs.  Another season wasted by Venkies, they should have potted him last season tonguve a new fella time to bed in and start the season running.  What haopens now is we drop like a stone, till anout November time before Venkies get iff their duffs.  Too late if course.  Gut feeling we have a Coylesque season coming but without having a go like Coyle might.  Doomed we are doomed I tell you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Dear Mr. Mowbray.  I saw this headline in the LET and couldn’t believe it.

Blackburn Rovers boss takes 'many positives' from cup defeat

Last evenings defeat, at home, to Morecambe was an utter and total embarrassment, nothing more nothing less.

The young lads coming through show promise but you will knock any potential out of them.  Not only are you changing formation (set up) match to match, you are changing it regularly more than once within matches.  Young lads learning their trade cannot handle that.  Even Klopp with his resources and personnel knows he can’t do that.

Time for you to call it a day and go NOW.

From a supporter of the last 60 years who has never seen a shambolic mess anywhere near this scale.

How can anyone take any positives from a home defeat to a team two divisions below us. But it was not just a defeat. We were out-played and tactically out thought. You cannot take a positive from a reasonable first half performance. All that shows is that you are good enough, but haven't got the ability to sustain the required levels. Or and more likely. You are being instructed to do the wrong things. If after last night you left the club, that would be a positive. 

Edited by rigger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Positives from being defeated by Morecambe at home after selling your only prolific goal scorer. £12m on two forwards that haven’t scored 29 goals between them, in the years they’ve been here.

What a tit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom

At this point I'd be far more surprised if he came out with something sensible. Feels like he's been trolling the fans non-stop for at least a year now with his comments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are you all on about of course there is a positive to take from last night's game. It's a huge one and one I know most rovers fans are praying for everyday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 less game till TM leaves.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

Dear Mr. Mowbray.  I saw this headline in the LET and couldn’t believe it.

Blackburn Rovers boss takes 'many positives' from cup defeat

Last evenings defeat, at home, to Morecambe was an utter and total embarrassment, nothing more nothing less.

The young lads coming through show promise but you will knock any potential out of them.  Not only are you changing formation (set up) match to match, you are changing it regularly more than once within matches.  Young lads learning their trade cannot handle that.  Even Klopp with his resources and personnel knows he can’t do that.

Time for you to call it a day and go NOW.

From a supporter of the last 60 years who has never seen a shambolic mess anywhere near this scale.

Has he no shame? We've just been embarrassed by a side that it would be unthinkable to lose against not so long ago, yet he wants to 'take the positives' out of it. Any manager worth his salt would be ashamed by that result, fuming and trying to keep a low profile. No way does a proper manager try and sugarcoat it in that way. It's an insult to read that headline.

I couldn't care less how many formations we can switch to during a game. That means nothing if we don't win. As it is, his experiment with this 3 at the back started at the Southend game in 2017 and failed miserably back then. Four years later he's still experimenting with it! Take your experiment somewhere else.

"We always deal with the result" he says. Yeah, shrugging your shoulders and saying "we move on to next week" is dealing with it. I've got to stop reading his interviews.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Has he no shame? We've just been embarrassed by a side that it would be unthinkable to lose against not so long ago, yet he wants to 'take the positives' out of it. Any manager worth his salt would be ashamed by that result, fuming and trying to keep a low profile. No way does a proper manager try and sugarcoat it in that way. It's an insult to read that headline.

I couldn't care less how many formations we can switch to during a game. That means nothing if we don't win. As it is, his experiment with this 3 at the back started at the Southend game in 2017 and failed miserably back then. Four years later he's still experimenting with it! Take your experiment somewhere else.

"We always deal with the result" he says. Yeah, shrugging your shoulders and saying "we move on to next week" is dealing with it. I've got to stop reading his interviews.

I never listen to anything he says if I can help it, it’s all self serving garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His comments completely sum up the complete lack of pressure he feels to get any type of result. Completely and utterly repaxed with his feet up taking home a pay check along with his mate Waggot.

Edited by benhben
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.