BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

Douglas is a weird one. 2 well crossed free kicks are the only positives I can remember from him. The ball seems to jump up to his chest on his first touch every time, as if his foot is a perfect 45degrees. 
He also offers little quality moving forward with the ball, appears to be a fan of the dink up the line to the opposition full back. 

Lenihan needs time out of the team, has a mistake in him every time the ball is nearby. Ayala and Wharton would actually be my choice if all were fit. Ayala and Williams maybe for a while now. We desperately need CB and LB addressing in January, but what’s new

I’m not sure if it was the 2nd goal or the 3 midfield changes (or both?) but we looked rank from 70 mins or so onwards. Not sure Downing was the shout for CM. Perhaps he could start LB as others have mentioned. 

Edited by superniko

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can honestly say apart from reading there has`nt been a team in the division i have been impressed with,they are all beatable,especially with our personal,the buck stops with the manager imo

Reading didn't impress me. They were just another organised, efficient side that had the better of us. No different to the others who have done us, they just happened to be top of the table at the time so people jizzed about it a bit more.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

The deflected goal killed it for us. The players' heads were down after that

The deflected goal was a definite kick in the teeth, but the subs were the nail in the coffin. 

Lenihan was dreadful. He should have been kept out of the team after his red card. Ayala would not have let Pukki control the game as much as he did.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

After a sensational draw against all odds (playing against 12 will do that for you) last Saturday we've followed it up with two brutally unlucky defeats.

Same as it ever was for Mowbray. 

Nothing unlucky about it. It’s no coincidence that we’ve lost to Bournemouth, Watford, Bristol City, Norwich etc. We’re not good enough to compete at that end of the table. We beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones, where does that put us.

More specifically, did Norwich ever look like giving us the chances that we gifted to them? No. Not solid enough full stop and no plan B in attack.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you're midfield are poor, the best 4 defenders in the world will have their work cut out.

If you've played any sport yourself ,ever, you would be aware of these type of things. 

Back to your condescending-yet-ignorant best.

Let’s have it right - there are two Irish lads in our defence and everyone is at fault but them, eh?

Lenihan has been poor today but he should have been back alongside Ayala, not Williams.

All the best managers build a solid defence and work from there. Mowbray has never addressed that in all the time he has been here. That means that no matter how many goals we score (and we score a lot) we end up midtable.

When you lose the debate, you just go ad hominem.