BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

1 minute ago, neophox said:

We really need Brereton, Dack and Travis back soon...season just goes by...

You know, I agree with you, they are needed, but I don’t think these three will help our instances of really lackluster defending.

I guess after we get ‘em back, and we lose , 2-3, I will be singing, MOWBRAY OUT with the rest of the choir. 

• Moderation Lead

As much as I’m as keen as everyone for Dack and Travis to come back, if we keep defending like that, will they make enough of a difference? I’m not convinced too much will change, as good as it will be to have them back in contention...

• Like 1

Weak defensively, weak mentally , weak use of substitution, 

weak ( if any ) plan B , weak fitness levels, weak mental strength, woefully weak management. 

Much reference to luck on here .....that’s crap....you make your luck ....

and we’ve got Tony...

We do have some very useful players....but, under this regime that’s all they will stay...They know that too.....Nyambe, Travis etc will see the weaknesses in this club ...and leave us for better things. 

Whilst Mowbray sees, praises, lauds Lenihan  as  his “ Warrior “....no more needs to be said 

• Like 5

I lost interest in that tepid tripe. I watched it through habit.

Douglas is truthfully quite awful.

We are actually not very good, just rather mediocre.

With Williams, Douglas and Gallagher in the starting 11, mediocre is an achievement.

Downing, he looks a bit lardy.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

After a sensational draw against all odds (playing against 12 will do that for you) last Saturday we've followed it up with two brutally unlucky defeats.

Same as it ever was for Mowbray. 

This wasn’t a brutally unlucky defeat. They were the better side in the first half and although we started well in the second, we had no response after their fluke goal. 

How easy was Tettey able to cross it for their first, and look at how Pukki turned Gallagher. Against Bristol City it was Williams who was a yard or two away from his man inside his own 6 yard box. Not good enough. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Shame ref can't look at that after the game. Very unsporting.

Definitely, even this league is becoming more and more like the Italian and Spanish. The literally looked like he’d took a blow from Tyson. Embarrassing. 

• Like 1

League 1 defending by League 1 defenders.

Douglas and Lenihan were terrible, Williams not far behind. We may have salvaged a point from that only for dozy defending.

Some of us on here said two years ago that we'd rue Mowbray's neglect of the defence. You win nothing with a L1 defence no matter how many goals you score.

I hope the next decade brings some better defenders to the club because we've been in a steady decline since the last. To think we started 2010 with Phil Jones and Chris Samba. F**k me how our standards have dropped.

• Like 1

So many attempts on goal these last two games with only one goal to show. Poor quality main reason apart from Elliott who is a head of the rest.

Douglas found Blackburn End Stand twice and his free kick with three rovers players stood by him not only wasted 3 precious minutes but brought a smile to TM. Shame we don't have a manager who demands better.

As at Bristol we went flat after their winner. One point from nine against sides going for promotion.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I though the looked fine. Holtby has been anonymous for a while now.

Buckley needs game time to develop - happy with him getting 20 minutes a game with the odd start. 

Buckley thinks too slowly when he receives the ball. Good players have the pass in mind much earlier. As a result openings are easily closed down. 

5 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

weak ( if any ) plan B , weak fitness levels, weak mental strength, woefully weak management. 

and we’ve got Tony...

We do have some very useful players....but, under this regime that’s all they will stay...They know that too.....Nyambe, Travis etc will see the weaknesses in this club ...and leave us for better things. 

Whilst Mowbray sees, praises, lauds Lenihan  as  his “ Warrior “....no more needs to be said 

Now if Warnock had this team i reckon we would be in the top 4 right now.

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

We’ve also lost far too many games already if we want to be going up, IMO.

Of the top six teams last season Brentford had lost the most, with 13 defeats (but came 3rd, funnily enough). For most teams it was 11 or 12.

Going to have to have one hell of a second half of the season to get anywhere now. The manager is under no obvious pressure though, with a mate as a boss and owners who effectively checked out eight years ago, so no reason to think Mowbray is going to change his ways. Great if you love the Championship, as it guarantees us being here for a while to come. Not so great if as a fan you have any serious ambition for our club. 

2 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Since Mowbray arrived, defensive recruitment has been terrible.  Strange for an ex defender.

He’s just a bad manager, his recruitment generally hasn’t been great. That along with his over thinking, poor mid match tactics and sticking with his favourite players means we’ll never go up 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I though the looked fine. Holtby has been anonymous for a while now.

Buckley needs game time to develop - happy with him getting 20 minutes a game with the odd start. 

Sorry but don't think the lad has it and never will have.

If some think PL clubs sniffing at £10million then they must be as p1ssed as I will be at midnight tonight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

and we’ve got Tony...

Kevin Moran , Colin Henry , Ryan Nelsen , John McNamee  and Keeley , were warriors any similarity to Lenihan is purely coincidental !!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Sorry but don't think the lad has it and never will have.

If some think PL clubs sniffing at £10million then they must be as p1ssed as I will be at midnight tonight.

I agree, if he is our biggest asset of the young ones, I feel that at the age of 21 he should be playing regulary. Maybe a loan in january.

• Like 1