BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

Life in the Championship is not odious, as long as we win games we’re capable of winning, and are competitive in the others. But today was a kick in the crotch, and it’s becoming quite commonplace to experience that this season. 

If any team in the division gives us a thought, it’s simply Rovers are limited by a Manager who employs a defense they can break down. We are limited by an unimaginative, uninspired, and poor technical manager. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this feels like the end of a managerial reign,it feels exactly like when saxton and mackay were at the end,as fans you tend to know when a manager has run out of ideas and time,if we can tell then the players surely can tell,they`re not exactly giving everything out there thats for sure

Add Souness to the list that went stale.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

To be honest I don't mind 'life' in the Championship compared to fighting against relegation in the Premier League, but the team has to be full of enthusiasm and combinations that we have seen on only a handful (or less) occasions so far this season. Think Tony will bring in a defender in the January window, at least I hope so.

Fighting against relegation in the Premier League would mean wiping out a lot of debt the club currently has. I thought that was the pressing concern, or has that problem gone away? (genuinely asking as a lot of people don't seem to be overly troubled by this any more)

• Like 9

Just now, booth said:

Fighting against relegation in the Premier League would mean wiping out a lot of debt the club currently has. I thought that was the pressing concern, or has that problem gone away? (genuinely asking as a lot of people don't seem to be overly troubled by this any more)

Sadly that's how it is. I largely despise the prem, unfortunately for financial reasons its where we need to be even if its just for a season.

• Like 3

I’d love to hear how people think TM can turn it around? Don’t get me wrong I’d love to get promoted with TM at the helm but it is unrealistic.

He fails to remedy out shortcomings and has never been consistent. For an ex old school defender he’s awful at sorting his defences.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Sadly that's how it is. I largely despise the prem, unfortunately for financial reasons its where we need to be even if its just for a season.

me to,but you always want to play in the top flight don`t you??mind you mowbray managing in the premier league would be frightening,you certainly could`nt be going in with this 4-3-3 lark and you need 4 defenders who know each other🙂

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's always been my opinion that we got lucky with him when we got promoted. We should have cashed in our chips then.

He could get away with playing players out of position and ropey subs in L1. Had a very good player in Dack at the heart of the team which papered over a lot of cracks, the defence was problematic back then.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Literally his job and he hasn't sorted it despite having years to do so. If he only has one player that wants to win a game then that is on him. He signed them, he motivates them. Get rid.

and to think Mowbray was on the verge of loaning Travis out and only circumstances forced his hand!

• Like 3

My own personal Hell is that I have an old schoolmate who emigrated to New Zealand and supports the 6-fingered ones. I KNOW, that when I wake up tomorrow morning, there'll be a cheery message from him celebrating yet another crabby win for them and yet another crappy defeat for us.

What I do not understand is why our owners should want to keep hold of such an under-performing 'asset'. There's nothing we can do about it, I guess; but I can't help wishing that, if they aren't going to put some money into us, they'd sell us to someone/some organisation that's interested in their football team progressing, rather than being allowed to regress.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

me to,but you always want to play in the top flight don`t you??mind you mowbray managing in the premier league would be frightening,you certainly could`nt be going in with this 4-3-3 lark and you need 4 defenders who know each other🙂

Course I do yep. Not to visit the soulless grounds, or see so called superstar players. Just to survive.

After we lost our 4th game in the first 10 vs Oldham in league one I’d have sacked him after that. Fair dos only lost 2 more and limped to promotion but with our budget and squad I feel pretty much anyone could have got us promoted (and yes I know it doesn’t always happen).

Having got promoted in that manner I once again thought he wasn’t up to it. Then after the 9 defeats from 11 he should have been sacked. And since that moment there’s not been a single occasion that I thought that would have been the wrong decision.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The man has to get sacked.  He himself set the expectations at the kick off to the campaign that we would be in or around a playoff position. 14th is just as close to 6th as it is to 22nd. By his own standards the squad is not performing to expectations. 

This.

You're failing your own expectations Mowbray..you must fall on your Sword.

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah,Buckley he always changes the game....what are you on?  Nyambe injured is a better player than the £10m marvel.

Buckley is garbage, but no point putting Nyambe in a wheelchair trying to keep him playing with a hammy. Which was always, always, always bound to happen.