BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

We're at a pivotal moment in our history. A number of us expected the financial screw to be turned at the beginning of this season. Mowbray clearly talked Venkys out of that by saying we were going for promotion this season. By now, that's been exposed for a load of old tosh.

Everything calls for a clear out of the Kentaro/SEM and successor HSH people from the club, including Mowbray's mates. I don't know, if Venkys can see that. I hope Venkys can.

Now we've gone from a plucked out figure from Nixon of £20m for a sell-off of land and downsizing, to an equally plucked out figure of £68m. That's without deducting anything for a rebuild of the JTC or cost of training facilities whilst that occurs. Then people add in another pie-in-the sky single season net receipt of £32m for Armstrong and Dack and say that's £100m. That is what you get just for being in the Premier League for one season and doesn't involve hawking off assets or players who'll get us to the Premier League and hopefully keep us there. Once assets are gone, they're gone for good. The Premier League is a gift that keeps on giving.

Venkys can do a lot better than Mowbray and his team. It's time Venkys did make the change.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Come on down Paul Cook make this club stand up and be counted

I couldn’t take another ex dingle bastard, sorry but I just couldn’t. 

just give it to Johnson until end of season and look at it again then, that’s all it will take to keep us up, and then we can look for a proper manager in the summer.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wovers said:

I couldn’t take another ex dingle bastard, sorry but I just couldn’t. 

just give it to Johnson until end of season and look at it again then, that’s all it will take to keep us up, and then we can look for a proper manager in the summer.

If they take Johnson on until the end of the season that's him in the job for good whether results are good, bad or indifferent. Venky's don't like to stretch themselves.

Besides there's a much higher likelihood of them giving Venus the caretaker role.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

If they take Johnson on until the end of the season that's him in the job for good whether results are good, bad or indifferent. Venky's don't like to stretch themselves.

Besides there's a much higher likelihood of them giving Venus the caretaker role.

Fair point mate, don’t know what else to say if I’m honest. Normal club would do that, or just go for the big name now, but here, feck knows, I’m just tired of it all to be honest, I’m at an all time low with the club now, think that’s because I got my hopes up that we where back to being a proper club, and then boom, we aren’t.

We might as well keep Mowbray as give the job to a coach for the rest of the season. If (big if) he gets the boot a new manager has to assess the squad, sort out contracts, plan pre season and target new signings. Time is really of the essence here.

6 hours ago, skous18 said:

There is this Bulgarian manager called Stanimir Stoilov, he did miracles with Astana. Got them into champions league a couple of times, which he also did with Levski Sofia a couple of years before that.

He is an unpopular name that Id be more than happy with

Why is he unpopular?

10 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Come on down Paul Cook make this club stand up and be counted

Totally back this as a realistic option. A prover winner as a manager, literally better than Mowbray in head-to-head competition. A man who will organise and instil a bit of bite, nastiness and ultimately fight into a soft underbelly. 

Couldn't care less about his time at Burnley, need to think rationally and not emotionally on this one.  

• Like 3

Cowley brothers. Now. Deal until summer 2022. Crack on. Let's reassess into next season and extend contracts then if we are making progress.

We need fresh eyes and voices and energy in the dugout.

Available, affordable, quickly improved failing Huddersfield last season.

No time now for rookies or caretaker coaches.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Cowley brothers. Now. Deal until summer 2022. Crack on. Let's reassess into next season and extend contracts then if we are making progress.

We need fresh eyes and voices and energy in the dugout.

Available, affordable, quickly improved failing Huddersfield last season.

No time now for rookies or caretaker coaches.

For me it's either Mark Hughes or Danny Cowley. The 2 clear candidates for the Rovers job..

Hughes was brilliant here as manager and after being out of management so long he will have huge point to prove. Hughes with Bowen and Bellamy on his staff

Cowley. Did a great job at Lincoln and did very well to keep Huddersfield up last season. Him and his brother Nicky Cowley would be good appointment for us

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Why is he unpopular?

I meant in here. Don’t think many people have heard of him.

He is quite popular in Bulgaria. Currently unemployed. Was offered the Levski Sofia and Ludogorets positions but didn’t take them as he doesn’t want to manage in Bulgaria and quite understandably so.