BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

14 hours ago, skous18 said:

There is this Bulgarian manager called Stanimir Stoilov, he did miracles with Astana. Got them into champions league a couple of times, which he also did with Levski Sofia a couple of years before that.

He is an unpopular name that Id be more than happy with

Anybody else say that name out loud over & over to themselves to see if it was another Runya Boloksov moment? 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Names I wouldn’t be against

hughes

martin o neill/ duff assistant?

strachan/ mulgrew assistant?

carrick

cowley brothers

Gordon Strachan? 

Hughes and Cowley should be the 1st 2 targets. 

Hughes with Bowen and Bellamy on the coaching staff would be very good management team for us going forward

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gordon Strachan? 

Hughes and Cowley should be the 1st 2 targets. 

Hughes with Bowen and Bellamy on the coaching staff would be very good management team for us going forward

Gordon Strachan yes, experience in division and more higher profile, a steady experienced ship similar to souness appointment back in the day. He wouldn’t be long term but I don’t think it would be the worst appointment 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Gordon Strachan yes, experience in division and more higher profile, a steady experienced ship similar to souness appointment back in the day. He wouldn’t be long term but I don’t think it would be the worst appointment 

Strachan spent millions at Boro and never got them promote. Mowbray replaced him there. 

Poor manager imo

• Like 1

Any manager that comes here has to be prepared to do it all. At this club he is a manager and not a head coach; he has to oversee everything from scouting, training to buying the tea and biscuits. I don’t think Hughes is that guy. 

I am a modern bloke but in this instance I want a dinosaur. I want a Mick McCarthy type who has been there and done that - knows how a club who wants to win is run and knows how to get out of this league. We can dream. 

• Like 5

Chaddy I respect your open and honest views but please can you enlighten me how you’d feel the cowley brothers woukd take us forward after failing so spectacularly at Huddersfield?

We need a manager to I still a solid defensive work ethic something that Mowbray is unable to do. 
We need a manager with experience of this league.

We need a manager who will get the ultimate optimum out of players.

We need a manager who can organise the team properly without having to resort to experimental formations.

If you look at what Cook did at Pompey but more importantly Wigan, he has both playing out of their skins, with the same ambition and with a term work ethic, we have witnessed ourselves when we have played against his teams. At Ewood he would have a bit more stability but more importantly better players.

Those are the reasons why I favour him. I would love a Hughes type manager back but could he do it without money? 

Saturday is the crux point

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Chaddy I respect your open and honest views but please can you enlighten me how you’d feel the cowley brothers woukd take us forward after failing so spectacularly at Huddersfield?

We need a manager to I still a solid defensive work ethic something that Mowbray is unable to do. 

We need a manager who can organise the team properly without having to resort to experimental formations.

If you look at what Cook did at Pompey but more importantly Wigan, he has both playing out of their skins, with the same ambition and with a term work ethic, we have witnessed ourselves when we have played against his teams. At Ewood he would have a bit more stability but more importantly better players.

Those are the reasons why I favour him. I would love a Hughes type manager back but could he do it without money? 

How did the Cowley's fail at Huddersfield?

They did a good job just had a disagreement with the new owner  on the direction the club was taking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I wouldn't exactly call this a success (At Huddersfield obviously):

image.png.06a4aa5abd2598ff60530fe471ac2653.png

The Cowleys wouldn't be my first choice but I see where Chaddy is coming from. Those stats are a little unfair on the Cowleys, as they were there for only 9 months. They took over after the summer transfer window had closed, the club were in a mess and they had to work with what they had until January. And they still had a 32% win ratio. I think with a longer spell in charge that would only have increased. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

But didn’t do enough to take them any further! That’s why they are not a good fit for Rovers

They left before they had a chance to go any further.

I'm not saying they would be my choice, but  they did a great job at Lincoln and under the circumstances a decent job at Huddersfield.

It wasn't due to results that they left Huddersfield.

Like I say wouldn't be my number one choice but I'd rather them than another Mowbray or Coyle who only got the job because the had a promotion on their cv ages and ages ago

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

But didn’t do enough to take them any further! That’s why they are not a good fit for Rovers

They didn’t have chance to take them any further, they did what was asked of them in there first season in charge and left before having a full season to kick on from that. I’m not saying I’d want them to come here but we could do a lot worse and with the faith I have in our owners to pick the right manager I’d probably take the Cowleys if it was a choice of them and another Coyle-esque appointment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I'd take Cook here - absolute knobhead, but we're unliked anyway. 

Someone else mentioned it in this thread - the person that you hire has to be the complete manager as, unfortunately, the structure at Ewood Park is basically non-existent. For some that would be liberating, but you can't hire a green manager who needs a strong supporting staff above them.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't want Hughes back - not unless he's bringing the Taffia with him (which he can't).