BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

9 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

How many think we're genuinely in play off contention now? 

Certainly favourites over Stoke, Boro, Bristol City. Not sure if we can catch any of the 6 in there currently though. Screams out 7th and another season for Mowbray to me. 

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

3 points ugly but a win. No sympathy for Luton, the player wasn’t injured he was playing for time, reap what you sow for cheating, or trying to cheat!

Totally agree. No sympathy for that level of shithousing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not at all. He is hugely overrated due to his goals. He is a poor man’s Jordan Rhodes but with pace.

We will hold onto him too long and his fee will drop - or even go on a free.

He's better than Rhodes in that he has real pace that worries anyone, also can score long range, can play wide. Sure he is not perfect but he is an excellent player.

Rhodes career completely fizzled out after Rovers as his allround limitations (lack of pace, strength, movement etc) meant successive managers just refused to play him.

I'm sure Armstrong will continue to get plenty of games right through to retirement.

Not convinced he's Premier League quality though.

• Like 2

Ground out a victory, clever stuff from Holtby.  Second game in a row that the substitutions had a real impact on the game.

Travis played Rovers into trouble too many times for my liking, he looked like he was running on empty.  Probably overplaying in the wrong parts of the pitch on a poor surface doesn't help.

Sweet to see the goal coming after the blatant feigning of injury by Potts to break the game up.  Luton use that as much as they can.

The defence looked solid and Kaminski is a class goalie.  Tight defence means that we take some of the pressure off.

Still need improvements but three points is what matters.

• Like 1

Braithwaite is a good en. Never looks phased by what is in front of him, dives in at the right time, stands up at the right time. Everton have a real player on their hands imo. 

Elliott has looked off the boil lately. I think he needs a full 90, try and get a goal and some confidence. 

They weren’t arsed about football. Wasting time again, 10 men behind the ball. They had some decent spells but overall very anti football. 

Ugly wins still get you 3 points.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tormund said:

More solid since Branthwaite came in.

Branthwaite is quality.  Him and Lenihan back there totally eliminate our long standing weakness under a high ball. Wharton also good from that perspective.

Prefer someone like Branthwaite to a Tosin to be honest. Tosin is a very good ball player but just never convinced defensively.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Overrated due to his goals. WTF. 

Yep, he will shoot on sight, most times badly but will score the odd one and they all add up. We have this debate perennially, if he wasn’t on the pitch others would be chipping in. It’s arguable that we are only nicking games because he doesn’t bring others into goal scoring opportunities.

He’s too one-eyed and someone offered us £10m now, while his share price is unrealistically high, I’d bite their hand off.

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Got a tad fortunate with the officials there didn’t we Chaddy?

Need to proper angle on it really which I havent. I've listened to the game on radio Lancs with Bayes and Gallagher. Only seen clips on SSN of the goal,Dolan chance and Luton offside goal but from the main camera angle.

Was he offside? 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

3 points from the playoffs. I'll be first in the queue for some humble pie if we get there. 

Can't see the current 6 occupants changing myself. The only one that you'd say we might catch is Bournemouth but if they are still struggling in a months time then you'd expect that they won't hesitate to make a change. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Kaminski has been a wonderful signing, not just big saves but his presence has hugely helped us after clowns like Walton 

He’s our player of the season so far.

(But won’t be recognised for it).

• Like 1