BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

This isn’t good you can tell Tony is hurting about Dack, he clearly cares about the players 

I'm not going to criticise him for feeling bad for Dack but I feel that's actually one of his main weaknesses, not being ruthless enough and not getting rid of players who either aren't good enough, are past it or who are simply swinging the lead.

(Not Dack)

Was going to launch into another tirade against Mowbray but more worried about Dack and hoping it's not as serious as feared.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

My mate did both of his ACLs quite rapidly after each other.

Why do you think that is? Seems odd that you would be more vulnerable?

Because you’ve spent 6 months compensating for the injured knee is the short story. 

• Like 3

The reason why nothing will get done about refereeing highlighted again tonight. Mowbray saw everything and thought that the ref go them all wrong yet when at Middlesbrough a few weeks ago when we should have conceded a penalty he didn't see it. Frank thought that the ref got them all correct. And there is the problem managers only speak out when decisions go against them until managers stop being one eyed about decisions and start being honest then nothing will get done about the dismal standard of refereeing.

Personally I though that we should have had a pen for the foul on Nyambe, I thought that their penalty was a dive. As for the Dack incident I personally didn't think Raya did anything wrong he just used his body to protect the ball like players do all the time.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My mate did both of his ACLs quite rapidly after each other.

Why do you think that is? Seems odd that you would be more vulnerable?

Compensation. Trusts his left knee more and probably not 100% muscle balance as he's still recovering from his first injury. Injury after injury is common, just look at Darren Anderton's career. Usually there's a lot of strains. This looked like it was very unlucky though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Considering how everyone is commenting on how bad this pitch is and how tiring it is for the legs playing on it, he probably should have been subbed off instead of Buckley. Only just came back but I can understand both Dack and Tony wanting him to get going. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Can you imagine the reaction on here if dack had off got subbed for Johnson when we are 1 down and chasing a game. Lol

• Like 2

Just now, Torgeir said:

Compensation. Trusts his left knee more and probably not 100% muscle balance as he's still recovering from his first injury. Injury after injury is common, just look at Darren Anderton's career. Usually there's a lot of strains. This looked like it was very unlucky though.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4641548/

• Like 1

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Can you imagine the reaction on here if dack had off got subbed for Johnson when we are 1 down and chasing a game. Lol

True.

I don't think there would have been many complaints had he been subbed off for Elliott at the break though.

Just now, Torgeir said:

True.

I don't think there would have been many complaints had he been subbed off for Elliott at the break though.

You would surely still wonder why if he wasn't injured. You don't sub your best player. ACLs are horrible injuries and most often happen in freak circumstances, just like the last time against Wigan. The injury isn't anyone's fault. 

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Considering how everyone is commenting on how bad this pitch is and how tiring it is for the legs playing on it, he probably should have been subbed off instead of Buckley. Only just came back but I can understand both Dack and Tony wanting him to get going. 

That injury could happen to any player at any time just horrific luck 

• Like 3