BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Bristol City - 17/03/21

I would suggest picking a team with an eye on next season but I dont think there is scope to really do so, highlighting that Mowbrays comments about the value of the squad are a load of shit.

Kaminski obviously will be here next season so is an obvious. None of the full backs will be as things stand, can either right back (well, Rankin Costello isnt even a right back) be convinced to stay? Douglas isnt totally convincing but much better than the inept Bell, but even then he would need to earn a contract. Lenihan has another year, with Ayala still sat in the treatment room no closer to a return we have to put a loanee next to him.

In midfield, we have a series of players out of contract, most of which are beyond winning a new deal I would hope. Buckley should be allowed to continue but aside from that, especially with Travis and Davenport both injured, its a patch up job. Armstrong seems too risky to put in and Elliott wont be here next season, and the rest are not up to it. Its a depressing state of play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would suggest picking a team with an eye on next season but I dont think there is scope to really do so, highlighting that Mowbrays comments about the value of the squad are a load of shit.

Kaminski obviously will be here next season so is an obvious. None of the full backs will be as things stand, can either right back (well, Rankin Costello isnt even a right back) be convinced to stay? Douglas isnt totally convincing but much better than the inept Bell, but even then he would need to earn a contract. Lenihan has another year, with Ayala still sat in the treatment room no closer to a return we have to put a loanee next to him.

In midfield, we have a series of players out of contract, most of which are beyond winning a new deal I would hope. Buckley should be allowed to continue but aside from that, especially with Travis and Davenport both injured, its a patch up job. Armstrong seems too risky to put in and Elliott wont be here next season, and the rest are not up to it. Its a depressing state of play.

I would suggest picking a team with what is available now.

I thought we'd ended the death spiral but we then went and lost again against Brentford.

We are in absolutely dire form and even though performances have improved since some horrific efforts last month, we still aren't getting any decent points return.

Bottom of the form table over the last 10 games, 5 points from the last 30 (or something like). Absolutely dreadful and yet we just plod along with Mowbray.

A draw at best but I could easily see us getting beat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

If it is going ahead, are we red button/ifollow, not sure I want to pay another tenner.

Yes, both.  Obviously iFollow if you want HD and replays, 'free' if you've bought your ST, £10 otherwise. Red button if you don't mind SD and no replays and don't want to pay your hard earned tenner to watch another defeat.

My favourite website, by the way, for checking out literally any football available on the box on all major platforms:

https://www.live-footballontv.com/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I played against their U18s as a 15 year old in 1976, in Gothenburg Sweden and recognised the cap immediately. I won't embarrass you by telling you the score! 😉

Ah, we’re talking about different things; I’m a fan of The University of Texas football, er, “collegial tackleball”, to my English friends. 😄

So, we are approximately the same age. I didn’t come to appreciate Blackburn Rovers until 2013, but I follow them closer now than I do my first two loves, UT or Dallas Cowboys.

Strangely, Rovers & Cowboys last hit Paydirt the same year... so my long-sufferance continues! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Ah, we’re talking about different things; I’m a fan of The University of Texas football, er, “collegial tackleball”, to my English friends. 😄

So, we are approximately the same age. I didn’t come to appreciate Blackburn Rovers until 2013, but I follow them closer now than I do my first two loves, UT or Dallas Cowboys.

Strangely, Rovers & Cowboys last hit Paydirt the same year... so my long-sufferance continues! 

I'm an App State Mountaineer for my sins, as well as a Rover!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/march/preview-bristol-city-h/

No Armstrong, Travis, Davenport or Ayala.

When was Ayala due back? he's been out for ages.

Known to be a sick-note he was signed by Rovers in Sept 2020 on a 3 year contract.

He's played 9 games and 1 as an unused sub. He went off in 2 of the games he started.

Tonight Rovers play game no. 37

BoroBoy, jobs for life

i just wonder what his wage is.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Known to be a sick-note he was signed by Rovers in Sept 2020 on a 3 year contract.

He's played 9 games and 1 as an unused sub. He went off in 2 of the games he started.

Tonight Rovers play game no. 37

BoroBoy, jobs for life

He's been a shocking signing given the amount of games he's been available for.

I thought he was due back a few weeks ago though? I'll be surprised if he pulls on the shirt again this season.

47 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

iFollow if you want HD and replays, 'free' if you've bought your ST, £10 otherwise. Red button if you don't mind SD and no replays and don't want to pay your hard earned tenner to watch another defeat.

I think I've got an episode of 'Alaskan Bush People' to catch up on. 

Or I may watch Rogue Traders and listen for the name Waggott.

• Like 1

There's a whiff of something with the Armstrong one. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't pull on the Rovers shirt again.

Mowbray certainly sees him as the asset to cash in.

Maybe a couple of dead rubber appearances in the last few games to hold/increase value heading into the summer.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's a whiff of something with the Armstrong one. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't pull on the Rovers shirt again.

Mowbray certainly sees him as the asset to cash in.

Maybe a couple of dead rubber appearances in the last few games to hold/increase value heading into the summer.

Definitely. That sound we heard when Raya flattened Dack was £15 million going up in smoke. If I was CEO he wouldn’t be playing either.

If you're really thinking about selling Nyambe and letting JRC go, you need to see what you've got to work with in Pike. Thompson should get the opportunity to prove if he's get the skill to justify a contract based on Mowbray's reason for dropping Raya and his left back signings have been duds. Douglas' form has not been a patch on his previous. I'd play Dolan behind Gallagher and Armstrong and give him license to roam. That means Rothwell in central midfield.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

He's been a shocking signing given the amount of games he's been available for.

I thought he was due back a few weeks ago though? I'll be surprised if he pulls on the shirt again this season.

Not sure he will play  for us again , a transfer somewhere abroad in the summer ,  12 months later than he hoped for ...