BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, phili said:

I am not sure JRC or Chapman will be here either. There has been a pause put on all expenditure and commitiing to any new contracts by Venky's

The rumours presently in India are that Venky's are in discussions with a fellow IPL owning billionaire to come in as an investor into Rovers. If these rumours are true, Venky's won't be making any financial decisions concerning Us.

As in, another shareholder to work alongside them and shoulder a share of the 20 million annual losses, or someone to take over the club entirely?

3 hours ago, phili said:

I am not sure JRC or Chapman will be here either. There has been a pause put on all expenditure and commitiing to any new contracts by Venky's

The rumours presently in India are that Venky's are in discussions with a fellow IPL owning billionaire to come in as an investor into Rovers. If these rumours are true, Venky's won't be making any financial decisions concerning Us.

Have we not got One year extension clauses to their contracts ?

Good decision to let Evans go. He's not contributed anything for a long time. The only one I'd potentially keep as a back up is Johnson, all the others can go. The likes of Bennett, Downing, Trybull offered nothing last season, so although it makes the squad look a little thin, we're not impacting the quality of the squad.

Elliott going does impact the quality of the squad and when Armstrong inevitably leaves, that's another big hole to fill. He deserves a crack at the prem though. 

On reflection, the transfer dealings last summer were a bit of a disaster despite looking like a good window at the time. 

The one transfer I want to see is in the dugout. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blondie said:

Any investor seriously thinking of any return on their money would be expecting PL football for an appreciable amount of time.

It isn't going to happen, even a one season term in PL would not create a windfall, sadly.

Just thinking this.

If you invest in something, you want a return. The ONLY way anyone would get any return on us is via promotion. 

If Venkys actually find someone stupid enough to hand over millions of pounds for Venkys to make decisions with it, then fair play to them.

After watching the car crash over the last 11 years, surely anyone investing any money would want some serious say in where the moneys going? I.e, not to another HSH reject.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phili said:

Same bull this time last year i seem to recall.  Desperate rumors to get a bit of interest going again.

They've repeatedly said they'll not sell to anyone and have ignored other interested parties without even a response. They won't even take proper sponsorship on board, i think the main reason for all that is just so they can do whatever they want in regards to the club. If that means ignoring it for 6/12 at a time then so be it.

That wouldn't be easy with another investor on board and neither would opening the books to someone else.

More chance of TM & fatman being sacked on Monday than that happening. And that's about 50-1 against.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

So knowing nothing about the IPL, had a look at who the owners of the teams are.

This bloke owns one the teams closest to V's homebase. (Mumbai Indians)

Link

This bloke the other (Sunrisers Hyderabad)

Link

I had a look too & concluded that Kolkata & Rajasthan’s owners seemed most likely to be interested due to their other ventures. I realise it doesn’t always work that way, but Lachlan Murdoch (son of Rupert) part-owning Rajasthan seems a more likely investor in an English football team to me than say Chennai’s owner who’s background is concrete.

I am sure it’s all hypothetical and nothing comes from it, but it’s a least a glimmer of hope…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

i think the taps are off as they plan to remove TM don't see them selling or opening the ownership up

All pure speculation of course, but would be a good way for them to save face and even boost their own profile , a joint venture with the owner of a IPL team, with the (investor) eventually becoming the majority owner.

8 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I suspect Mowbray would have wanted both Evans' and Holtby's contracts renewing. On that basis alone, you could be right.

But I also feel as though Mowbray has "reset" himself after his largely petulant comments in months gone by. All his talk is about next season and the summer, and the tone comes across to me that the decision has already been made that he's staying.

Then again, we're not a normal club, are we? I'm probably wrong as usual!

Agree, the petulance really set the tone of a man who felt under pressure. That has totally gone and he is calmly talking about the future.

On top of that, the LT sneaked a comment into an article a couple of weeks or so ago that seems to have gone largely unnoticed. It basically said they understand the club will stick with TM this summer.

So all this talk of Tony going after the game tomorrow is going to result in a lot of disappointment for a lot of people I see talking like it's a possibility.

1 minute ago, Meesh said:

Investors want returns. The very saying of it in football makes me nervous.

I'm not too clued up on how we are £200m in debt. All to Venkys London Ltd., or...? Anyway, on the face of it, I would be extremely nervous about the situation if Venkys are still majority shareholders and start using money lent by others. It certainly won't be spent wisely as things currently stand, and that sort of debt won't just disappear nor be written off.

Most of it is to Venkys themselves yes. I think at this point probably something like 170-180 million of it at a guess going off my memory of past figures.

I agree, I'm probably more concerned than ever if they start borrowing from third parties but putting those debts against us. That's how administration happens.

Edited by bluebruce

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Agree, the petulance really set the tone of a man who felt under pressure. That has totally gone and he is calmly talking about the future.

On top of that, the LT sneaked a comment into an article a couple of weeks or so ago that seems to have gone largely unnoticed. It basically said they understand the club will stick with TM this summer.

So all this talk of Tony going after the game tomorrow is going to result in a lot of disappointment for a lot of people I see talking like it's a possibility.

The only pressure was when the local journos starting relaying to him what fans were saying. It dawned on him he'd be rumbled as the bog average low budget manager he is and he didn't like it one bit.

I think that's all it was and nothing from the inside at all other than worrying the owners would take notice of the local rags.  That was all swiftly nipped in the bud by the looks of it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

I had a look too & concluded that Kolkata & Rajasthan’s owners seemed most likely to be interested due to their other ventures. I realise it doesn’t always work that way, but Lachlan Murdoch (son of Rupert) part-owning Rajasthan seems a more likely investor in an English football team to me than say Chennai’s owner who’s background is concrete.

I am sure it’s all hypothetical and nothing comes from it, but it’s a least a glimmer of hope…

Mukesh Ambani owner of Mumbai Indians is also heavily involved in the India Super League (football)   Link ,so with that and proximity to  the V's of the Cricket team , my guess on the pure speculation lies here.

1 minute ago, perthblue02 said:

Mukesh Ambani owner of Mumbai Indians is also heavily involved in the India Super League (football)   Link ,so with that and proximity to  the V's of the Cricket team , my guess on the pure speculation lies here.

He'd do for me. Personal fortune of over $70 billion

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The only pressure was when the local journos starting relaying to him what fans were saying. It dawned on him he'd be rumbled as the bog average low budget manager he is and he didn't like it one bit.

I think that's all it was and nothing from the inside at all other than worrying the owners would take notice of the local rags.  That was all swiftly nipped in the bud by the looks of it.

Those questions sparked the petulant answers, but if all was well I don't think those answers would have been anywhere near that petulant. He has noticeably returned to being calm and unconcerned.

Edited by bluebruce

Evans going is brilliant news. Excluding the injuries - which have been a ridiculous amount - and the piss take of being fit for internationals, he isn't very good. In fact he only looked good in league 1 which is about his level. Poor player. 

Tin hat on time but I would have rather kept Smallwood than Evans. Not saying Smallwood was great but at least he can tackle. Evans looks very busy but actually isn't particularly good at any part of the game. 

Holtby - disappointing but the right call. Heck of a talent but too inconsistent and injury prone. As an individual case he's worth letting go, but questions need to be asked why very few gambles come off for Rovers, especially when there is talent there. 

I'd prefer us to keep JRC and Nayambe and think we have extensions to protect us for another year. As for the rest none are a great loss and certainly aren't value for money. 

It does have shades of Bowyer's last year all over it however which is a tad ominous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Fair enough, did not dig that deep! India’s richest man too, so can afford to lose a few Bob getting us promoted

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You've contradicted yourself there 

I've seen him down Ewood many a time over the years,  my eyes say he's average championship in his prime and Mulgrewesque now

I haven't contradicted myself at all.

I said I believe he WAS a good championship defender whilst you say he was only ever average at best.

I go on to say he isn't premiership quality.

I then made the point we haven't been able to judge his level NOW as he barely kicked a ball for us.

As for seeing him over the years, I have too although he hasn't played that many games against us. I don't recall him being skinned alive at Ewood or having even a mare at any time to say he was average. The Middlesbrough and Norwich teams he was part of were never rolled over by us.

Not sure what a top Championship centre back looks like for you, perhaps more goals scored? He's always been solid, showed leadership and organisation against us when I've seen him and puts in a tackle or a block when needed. On the back of a few clean sheets conceding one a couple of times and being part of a team that we beat 2-0 7 or 8 years ago I think its harsh to call him average.

I think you were one of the first to dampen the enthusiasm of his signing when it was greeted with hype. Congratulations for that forthright vision that the signing would not pan out but the hype shows most thought he had something to give which for me, comes from the reputation he had as a defender at this level.

10 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

Lachlan Murdoch (son of Rupert) part-owning Rajasthan seems a more likely investor in an English football team to me than say Chennai’s owner who’s background is concrete.

He could build up our defence?

• Backroom
17 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

Sound logic, but then again Venkys whole thing was chickens before us 😕

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-curtis-portsmouth-rumour-20542170

It's cute that Cowley thinks we aren't a bigger club than Portsmouth. And that, by implication of what he is saying, neither are the likes of Forest, Derby, Norwich etc.

More pertinently, it doesn't sound from that as though Cowley would be crawling over broken glass to come here as manager if Mowbray were to be replaced.

• Like 2