BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season finale: Rovers vs Birmingham City

58 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Three days later we beat Liverpool 1-0 at Ewood with ‘that’ Tugay Gerrard moment. I was at both games and I can’t remember feeling such a gap between deflation and elation in consecutive matches. 

Ah, I think you have got the seasons mixed up there. That Tugay game was during the following season. We did play Liverpool at Ewood three days before the said Birmingham game. We lost 1-0 with Robbie Fowler scoring a dodgy offside goal at the Blackburn End. I can't believe that was 15 years ago.

I'd love to have that feeling back, where Monday would arrive and I was already looking towards Saturday.

• Like 4

Oh goodbye, Mowbray, goodbye

It's time you were off - we know why,

We'll see you again, on the dole with Sven

Goodbye Mowbray, goodbye

Go now Tony, go now

That you've kept your job, gawd knows how

It's time to depart, you gurning old fart,

Go now, Tony, go now

Time's up, wastrels, times up

You've brought us despair but no cup

Your old friend Steve Waggot is nowt but a maggot

Time's up, wastrels, times up.

Get lost, you schemers, get lost

You've had enough fun at our cost

There's no hope of staying, this shite we keep playing

Get lost, you schemers, get lost.

It's time to leave us, it's time

We'll handle the loss of you fine

We want, as supporters the club that we ought to

It's time you left us, its time

Get out, you liars, get out

As one all true supporters will shout

It's OUR Blackburn Rovers, loved all above others

so Get out, you liars, get out.

Goodbye, Tony Mowbray, goodbye.

The taxi is waiting to fly

Away you go singing, after we beat Birmingham

Goodbye, old man Mowbray. Good bye.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Ah, I think you have got the seasons mixed up there. That Tugay game was during the following season. We did play Liverpool at Ewood three days before the said Birmingham game. We lost 1-0 with Robbie Fowler scoring a dodgy offside goal at the Blackburn End. I can't believe that was 15 years ago.

I'd love to have that feeling back, where Monday would arrive and I was already looking towards Saturday.

I stand corrected. I was at the Fowler game too. 

16 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I know a lot of us don’t care. But we really do care, we don’t stop supporting our club, just because x owns the club, or x manages the club. Also, Mowbray’s future doesn’t come down to this one game.

I always want the Rovers to win... and I don’t want to see Rovers passed on the table by Forest or Coventry. 

Arma scores the 1st goal, his final goal in the blue & white. Gally gives us something to think about (his future with the club), as he scores the winner. 2-1, Rovers. 

I honestly don't care. I'll watch the Wed/Derby game.

If we play some fringe players or try something tactically different I hope it pays off. However If we play then same tippy-tippy crap with a striker out wide then I honestly hope we get beaten, and Forest and Coventry go flying past us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The Mancs (both sets) take some beating. And the utterly vile Millwall bunch.

Leeds fans the worst. When we beat them 1-0 back in 99. Gillespie goal. After the game 3 Leeds fans jumped us outside Ewood.  They attacked us unprovoked.  The police on horses did eff all

4 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Oh goodbye, Mowbray, goodbye

It's time you were off - we know why,

We'll see you again, on the dole with Sven

Goodbye Mowbray, goodbye

Go now Tony, go now

That you've kept your job, gawd knows how

It's time to depart, you gurning old fart,

Go now, Tony, go now

Time's up, wastrels, times up

You've brought us despair but no cup

Your old friend Steve Waggot is nowt but a maggot

Time's up, wastrels, times up.

Get lost, you schemers, get lost

You've had enough fun at our cost

There's no hope of staying, this shite we keep playing

Get lost, you schemers, get lost.

It's time to leave us, it's time

We'll handle the loss of you fine

We want, as supporters the club that we ought to

It's time you left us, its time

Get out, you liars, get out

As one all true supporters will shout

It's OUR Blackburn Rovers, loved all above others

so Get out, you liars, get out.

Goodbye, Tony Mowbray, goodbye.

The taxi is waiting to fly

Away you go singing, after we beat Birmingham

Goodbye, old man Mowbray. Good bye.

I would love to sing it... did you have a tune in mind when you wrote this? 

• Backroom

Still annoyed at that final game of the season when we played Birmingham away.

Win and we would have been in Europe, we capitulated, Hughes left, Ince came in and the decline began 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yeah, we won 2-0. Bent got the opener, but the game is mostly remembered for a brilliant solo goal from Duffer. Duff's goal is at 21:51 on the vid below:

I remember being gutted about the result that night. That was our game in hand which we needed to win to close the gap on 4th place. We had a genuine chance of nabbing a top 4 spot ahead of Arsenal towards the end of that season! It feels surreal even typing that out right now.

I miss the days when I was excited about our matches. I feel nothing in relation to Saturday's game. There have been many moments like that not just this season, but over the last 10 years. Bloody awful feeling it is. The pillocks in Pune have no idea how much damage they have caused.

To those that say "we could be Bolton or Wigan" we could also be Leicester if this lot employed the right people at the club and let them get on with it. They have the funds to do it, but sadly there isn't a football brain amongst any of them.

I watched the video from where you said and kept watching until the end. I'm glad I did.

What a team and what a time that was compared to now. Back then I think many of us dreamt of being back at the top end of the top table in the seasons to come, and whilst we never returned to our former glory we certainly made our presence known. But now even dreaming of that day, when we dreamt of so much more still, seems distant and unrealistic.

Those goals in that video, at least from 21 mins onwards, show a kind of relentlessness and ruthlessness that the current side is lacking. Souey knew how to implant a winning mentality on his players that Mowbray could never hope to. A proper manager and proper spirit is how you get out of this league.

• Like 1

Big threats to score for Birm? Jutkiewicz & Hogan have 7 apiece. They don’t defend particularly well, either, as they are 18th in the league. A minus 21 goal diff. Yet, they have one less win, and one less tie, than Rovers. 

However this game plays out, I’m sure it’s just part of the mowbray journey than has no beginning, but hopefully has an end, very soon. 

14 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I miss the days when I was excited about our matches. I feel nothing in relation to Saturday's game. There have been many moments like that not just this season, but over the last 10 years. Bloody awful feeling it is. The pillocks in Pune have no idea how much damage they have caused.

To those that say "we could be Bolton or Wigan" we could also be Leicester if this lot employed the right people at the club and let them get on with it. They have the funds to do it, but sadly there isn't a football brain amongst any of them.

Yes, I'm not a Rovers supporter in the same way I was pre-Venkys and I know many who feel the same. This isn't a premiership thing as many of my favourite days supporting Rovers were under Don Mackay which was pre-Jack when we were skint.

We could be Bolton? I wish! They might have been through the wringer but now have a club which they can believe in. I'd swap us for them without a second thought.

My fear is that we won't end up like Bolton but like Bury. These multi-million quid losses can't go on forever. When they finally get rid of Brockhall and have lost all interest...

Will there even be a club left to save?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I would love to sing it... did you have a tune in mind when you wrote this? 

We used to sing something with a similar cadence in the Blacburn End in the 70s..

Goodbye Burnley, goodbye

Good bye, Burnley, goodbye

We'll see you again, we don't know when

Goodbye bastards, goodbye..

Usually followed by a raucous shout and general waves of bouncing down the terracing until you got held up by a crush barrier...  Eee, them were the days 🙂

Obviously times have changed somewhat, and I suppose it might look (and sound) a bit odd a near 60 year old singing such songs, but then again I'd gladly join in if we were back with the roles reversed once more over the true claret and blue foes!

• Like 2

As for a result on Saturday, meh.

Only one result actually counts now, and it isn't what happens on the pitch on Saturday!

Mowbray Out!

Waggot Out!

Pasha Out!

Balaji Out!

Mrs I'm so far up my own arse I think I'm the Queen Desai OUT!

Venky's GET THE FOOK OUT!

We are the Rovers, We are the Rovers, Keeley's gonna get ya! Hooo!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Win and we would have been in Europe, we capitulated, Hughes left, Ince came in and the decline began 

Yes , that was the game , we never recovered from...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Interesting ---because we can't blame Venkys for that can we?

15 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yeah, we won 2-0. Bent got the opener, but the game is mostly remembered for a brilliant solo goal from Duffer. Duff's goal is at 21:51 on the vid below:

I remember being gutted about the result that night. That was our game in hand which we needed to win to close the gap on 4th place. We had a genuine chance of nabbing a top 4 spot ahead of Arsenal towards the end of that season! It feels surreal even typing that out right now.

Thanks for sharing that, really enjoyed the Duffer goal, what a stunner!

Speaking of stunners though, that's not the game I've been talking about!

August 22nd(I think) 2002, we won 1-0 with a Duffer goal!

Surely somebody else on here went to that game? Parsons?

48 minutes ago, 47er said:

Interesting ---because we can't blame Venkys for that can we?

No, but we did finish 10th and get to a league cup semi final a couple of years later so I'm not sure it rings true.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Thanks for sharing that, really enjoyed the Duffer goal, what a stunner!

Speaking of stunners though, that's not the game I've been talking about!

August 22nd(I think) 2002, we won 1-0 with a Duffer goal!

Surely somebody else on here went to that game? Parsons?

Yep I was at that game, it was indeed 1-0 but it was Dwight Yorke that scored the goal.

Dunn's misses at the time was Jakki Degg who was a page 3 model. Her aswell as her mother were sat amongst the Rovers fans, great banter was had by all as you can imagine.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Big threats to score for Birm? Jutkiewicz & Hogan have 7 apiece. They don’t defend particularly well, either, as they are 18th in the league. A minus 21 goal diff. Yet, they have one less win, and one less tie, than Rovers. 

However this game plays out, I’m sure it’s just part of the mowbray journey than has no beginning, but hopefully has an end, very soon. 

Birmingham lost 4 nil last week playing a total scratch team full of reserves and kids. Unsure if they ae likely to do similar this weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yep I was at that game, it was indeed 1-0 but it was Dwight Yorke that scored the goal.

Dunn's misses at the time was Jakki Degg who was a page 3 model. Her aswell as her mother were sat amongst the Rovers fans, great banter was had by all as you can imagine.

I don't need to imagine---I was there!

6 hours ago, yankfan said:

Last game will feel like Christmas Eve. Only instead of getting a gift I’m hoping to wake up the next morning to someone gone. 

I hope for the sake of managing your expectations that you had very crappy Christmases as a child.

Tony isn't going anywhere until next season at best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Birmingham lost 4 nil last week playing a total scratch team full of reserves and kids. Unsure if they ae likely to do similar this weekend.

Apparently they are playing the kids again. 

• Like 1