BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season finale: Rovers vs Birmingham City

Well, the u23 lineup suggests that Tony has talked almost instantly disproveable bollocks again in suggesting he might mix it up, unless he just meant the usual tombola suspects.

All of the u23 squad I'd expect to be considered appear to be playing unless I'm forgetting someone. Again I find myself in the undesirable position of thinking it won't be that big a deal if we lose. Partly as it doesn't matter now but also because Brum seem expected to play a lot of youth. If they win it further shows up what youth (worse youth than ours) can bring to the party.

I really feel for Pike in particular. Still possible none of our current RBs will be here next year and he isn't even being backed for a glimpse in a dead rubber.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Well, the u23 lineup suggests that Tony has talked almost instantly disproveable bollocks again in suggesting he might mix it up, unless he just meant the usual tombola suspects.

All of the u23 squad I'd expect to be considered appear to be playing unless I'm forgetting someone. Again I find myself in the undesirable position of thinking it won't be that big a deal if we lose. Partly as it doesn't matter now but also because Brum seem expected to play a lot of youth. If they win it further shows up what youth (worse youth than ours) can bring to the party.

I really feel for Pike in particular. Still possible none of our current RBs will be here next year and he isn't even being backed for a glimpse in a dead rubber.

possible we`ll be lining up with 2 full backs who ar`nt full backs next season,tony will have the summer to come up with a new set of **** tactics,god alone knows how we`ll be set up

16 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Great watch that Souness team - I wouldn’t put any of the current squad ahead of any of them. 

Super Super team, thats what we are missing now, genuine team spirit, souness made that happen, Mowbray no bloody chance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont have a problem with Ayala being above kids in that Ayala will be closer to the first 11 (if he could ever stay fit) than the kids will and is contracted for another 2 years, so it makes sense looking forward to next year.

In regards to tomorrow though, the illogical aspect of it would be that giving him half an hour is neither here nor there, and of course I would ask if there is a risk of a recurrence.

My issue lies more with some of the other players that have played in the last few weeks, Holtby and Evans have both had game time recently despite being about to leave, Trybull, Johnson, Downing and Bennett have all played too.

I dont agree with dishing out appearances as rewards necessarily, but moreso to see if the one or two best under 23s can play within an otherwise strong side and not look out of place. The most obvious example in recent weeks of when that should have been used is when Nyambe was injured at Sheffield Wednesday, Pike should have started over Bennett. Another would be Davenport surely warranting a few games over Trybull, Evans and Johnson to see if he can compete for that role into next season.

In Mowbrays tenure, he has brought through Travis, Rankin Costello and Buckley, I dont think youth development overall has been one of his major and obvious weaknesses, but in the last few weeks, there has been a glaring lack of forward planning as I touched on in my previous paragraph. There are occasions (Harwood Bellis and LB) in which its unavoidable to avoid playing a player who wont be here next season, but in the main, players contracted into next season should have been prioritised and havent been.

Don’t agree on Ayala. A dead rubber game for a player chronically injured who Mowbray already knows what he is capable of? Why? May as well have complete rest. I’d even go so far as to say that if he got injured it could be spun into either an excuse (woe is me) or a reason to go back to Venkys for cash. Either way Ayala is not the answer, not tomorrow, not next season.

And, wow, three players in four years. It just strengthens his, self-fulfilling, argument to shut the academy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Makes me happy to remember the good times and what riches we had but by Christ it hits home hard at what we have sadly become.

And yet, depending on who you believe, we have richer owners now than we had back then… let that sink in.

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

possible we`ll be lining up with 2 full backs who ar`nt full backs next season,tony will have the summer to come up with a new set of **** tactics,god alone knows how we`ll be set up

We've recently only got around to having center halves who are center halves. Albeit 1 of them has had to grow into it but he's a bona fide defender now.

So it would be very Mownrayish to now stick people at full back who aren't really full backs. Then ask then to perform like top level wing backs !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Makes me happy to remember the good times and what riches we had but by Christ it hits home hard at what we have sadly become.

Some 20 years ago I was lucky enough to be at the Deepdale Promotion game,Souness dancing with the fans in celebration on the touchline as we roared back to the big time.Proud as Punch.

Tomorrow will see an underachieving bunch of misfits slump over the line of mid table mediocrity led by the gurning,tedious Tony fecking Mowbray.Totally apathetic.

HUGE SIGH.😩

Totally agree. But, Mowbray or not, that promotion team would be as dominant over the current one as it was over Burnleh.

10 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Totally agree. But, Mowbray or not, that promotion team would be as dominant over the current one as it was over Burnleh.

Sadly, I think those dingles would also be as dominant over us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Six of the substitutes probably won't be here next season. Building for the future

Evans, Johnson, Downing are guaranteed to come on in place of Buckley, Trav and Davenport, all at the same time, irrespective of the scoreline, so they can have their final appearance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

So much for giving the youngsters a run out 🙄

Tony, thanks for putting so much effort into picking the team week after week. It’s 10 seconds of your life you’ll never get back and for that we are truly thankful.

• Like 1