BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21

If I wasn't a Rovers fan I'd bet good money on us to be in L1 next season. Cant see many positives to look forward to in the next 12 Months. Lost a 29 goal striker, host of players out of contract next summer..

Hopefully fans in the ground will help get a message to the owners...if they ever watch a game. 

Bit gloomy after a cup game but I can see it coming  

• Like 1

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Doubt they even know , we had a fixture ..

They've probably never heard of the league cup so he can spin it as a pre season warm up that means nothing,its just a warm up game and they'd probably believe him.

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Puts an quick end to the cup run debate.

Will be like this every week.

No point getting wound up.

Agreed. He will see this as a cup loss which doesnt mean alot. When he starts losing consecutive championship games, thats when the pressure will get to him.

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Mowbray just doesn't give a toss, he's got the safest job in football.

He will need to be forced out by the fans, that's only way it's happening.

personally think he`ll **** off at the end of the season when his contract runs out but it`s going to be a close thing to avoid relegation with a threadbare squad managed by an idiot

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Mowbray just doesn't give a toss, he's got the safest job in football.

He will need to be forced out by the fans, that's only way it's happening.

Let me save you the suspense. The fans will not force Mowbray out.

Fans are more likely to force out other fans as the bickering in the stands starts. The “Tony Mowbray’s Blue And White Army” chants were long and loud on Saturday.

The ONLY way he is leaving is if Venkys don’t agree a new contract for him - and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

• Like 8

I've lost count of how many games where we're doing fine and then the opposition counters Tony's tactics and we flounder because he's incapable of any level of tactical nous. Frustrating but can't see him going as much as he needs to.

• Like 1

I get the impression that the lows under Venky’s keep on getting worse. Either they go very soon, or we are going to be in dire trouble.

To remind everyone of one of his first comments when appointed as manager, Mowbray said, “This is Blackburn Rovers. 

Not going to over-react to a Micky mouse cup defeat but that was a strong lineup tonight. Second half was embarrassing to be honest, 5 at the back should never be used again, and f**k me Lenihan was a liability last season and was awful tonight, he’s our skipper and is supposed to lead by example. Long season ahead, bounce back at Millwall on Saturday where we always get a result 👍🏻

Much as I love a good cup run and hate not taking them seriously we are relegation candidates and we do have a thin squad. So less games will hopefully help our relegation scrap. 

That said when we won the League cup it gave us a boost for the relegation battle and a good cup run can boost moral. So perhaps a run would have been better for us. But for once I am not too disappointed by our early exit. 

As for the rest it shows what TM is like but nothing we didn't know. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Fans are more likely to force out other fans as the bickering in the stands starts. The “Tony Mowbray’s Blue And White Army” chants were long and loud on Saturday.

The ONLY way he is leaving is if Venkys don’t agree a new contract for him - and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Lose 6 on the bounce and they'll start to turn.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

I was there in the Blackburn end of Saturday and Tony Mowbrays blue and white army chants were minimal. Crowd was cheering on the team not Mowbray, infact i saw a number of people not singing when the was being chanted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

personally think he`ll **** off at the end of the season when his contract runs out but it`s going to be a close thing to avoid relegation with a threadbare squad managed by an idiot

….Sadly, if it takes the season before he ***** off the fan base will have ******off .