BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Morecambe (h) 10/08/21

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The ‘where would we be without Venky’s FFS?!’ brigade are already peddling this line on social media. I continually despair at a huge chunk of our fan base.

This throws me both on everything they have done in the past and the current poor situation. Can't get my head round it at all. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

Worse thing is there will be nobody asking the question as to why we have exited a cup so soon again? 
A quick shrug of the shoulders from Tony and Waggot then “move on to Saturday”. Pathetic.

To them we're just an irrelevant feeder club that should just be happy and grateful to be scraping by in the Championship, let alone expect anything else.

It's a desecration really what Venkys have done.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No disrespect meant to Morecambe but I really did not think I would live long enough to witness us losing to Morecambe in a competitive game in which we fielded a strong side.

Well done Mowbray. Well done Venkys. Fuckwits.

Lancashire Senior Cup  5th Dec 1967.

Rovers 1 - Morecambe 2

Rovers

Blacklaw

Coxon, Clayton ( sub Sharples ), Coddington, Wilson

Ferguson, Rogers, Hole, Connelly

Darling, Gilliver

Scorer - Ferguson pen

Att 1,600

I’d suggest that was a worse defeat than tonight’s.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Tinker tinker all the bloody time.

Based on how the media think we lined up tonight, we've played 4 formations in 2 matches.

Started as a 4-3-3 on Saturday. Switched to a 4-3-3 with a False 9. Finished the game in 5-4-1.

Looks like we played 5-3-2 tonight and switched to a 4-3-3 at the end.

We're simply not good enough for that - just get the team playing well in 1 formation, that's all you need at this level.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lancashire Senior Cup  5th Dec 1967.

Rovers 1 - Morecambe 2

Rovers

Blacklaw

Coxon, Clayton ( sub Sharples ), Coddington, Wilson

Ferguson, Rogers, Hole, Connelly

Darling, Gilliver

Scorer - Ferguson pen

Att 1,600

I’d suggest that was a worse defeat than tonight’s.

I humbly bow to your much superior knowledge. I was going from 11 v 11 stats.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Let me save you the suspense. The fans will not force Mowbray out.

Fans are more likely to force out other fans as the bickering in the stands starts. The “Tony Mowbray’s Blue And White Army” chants were long and loud on Saturday.

The ONLY way he is leaving is if Venkys don’t agree a new contract for him - and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Sadly the last decade has proven that the fans are irrelevant to the Venkys.

Attendances have tumbled off a cliff, but they don't give a fuck. We could boo him for 90 minutes every match - they'd only notice if it was a televised game. Even then I don't think they'd be to bothered. 

• Like 4

No big surprise at all and we are better off out of it early this season. Hard pill to swallow i know but this squad isn't up to anything other than a big fight to keep heads above water in the league.

Nothing else matters now.

Not the first time we've bombed out early to low opposition and won't be the last. Sadly though this time it just highlights the problems we face on several fronts. One being the manager who WILL relegate that squad if he persists in continuing his possession shite experiment.

A few days after he admitted a more aggressive style better suits this team.

6 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I was there in the Blackburn end of Saturday and Tony Mowbrays blue and white army chants were minimal. Crowd was cheering on the team not Mowbray, infact i saw a number of people not singing when the was being chanted.

Nope. I was there too Callum and they were extremely vociferous in the second half.

The official line is Mowbray IN.

We deserve the club we have.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Based on how the media think we lined up tonight, we've played 4 formations in 2 matches.

Started as a 4-3-3 on Saturday. Switched to a 4-3-3 with a False 9. Finished the game in 5-4-1.

Looks like we played 5-3-2 tonight and switched to a 4-3-3 at the end.

We're simply not good enough for that - just get the team playing well in 1 formation, that's all you need at this level.

tony must have a even bigger ego tactically wise then i originally thought,did fergie change formation ever,no,man utd played the same every week,so did the great liverpool sides and the great ac milan side of the early 90`s,what makes him think he`s so great that he change the way we play on a whim apart from the fact he`s a conceited,arrogant p****k

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Nope. I was there too Callum and they were extremely vociferous in the second half.

The official line is Mowbray IN.

We deserve the club we have.

I disagree with that.

As much love as I have for Jack Walker, I hate his kids and the Walker Trust for selling us to these absentee owners. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Sadly the last decade has proven that the fans are irrelevant to the Venkys.

Attendances have tumbled off a cliff, but they don't give a fuck. We could boo him for 90 minutes every match - they'd only notice if it was a televised game. Even then I don't think they'd be to bothered. 

Yep said it a thousand times if no one turned up apart from a few dozen they'd still back the manager and fund the club. Swallowing whatever crap they are being fed this end whilst the middleman keeps his cushy number going.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

wonder what the facefook fans think of the result

It's not just on there. There's a couple of posters on here who only contribute after a win to big the manager up, never to be seen after a loss.

• Like 6

I’m not too bothered about losing, but I am totally confused about formations. In the last two games we have played…

3-5-2

5-4-1

4-3-3

4-2-1-2

What ever happened to having one system? 

• Like 2