BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Clwb Pei-droed Dinas Caerdydd (h) 25/09/2021 3pm.

Another tough one, can see another draw 1-1.

Really could do with converting a few of these draws into wins though.

A front 3 of Diaz/Dolan/Khadra would do me just fine and IMO increase the possibility of a win, in reality he's gonna want Gallagher back in the team though ain't he....hoping to see Butterworth get at least 30 mins too.

Play to our strong points, do not concentrate on their strong points. Run at them with the ball, Make the defence turn and face their own goal. shoot from range so defenders have to come out to block efforts. Anything, but don't just lob hopeful high balls into the box.

On 20/09/2021 at 17:36, oldjamfan1 said:

As others have said, the date could do with being corrected in the thread title. Otherwise a great write-up. The Worthington Cup Final weekend was a highlight of 50+ years of watching Rovers for me, possibly even beats Anfield 95.

A couple of other players to wear both shirts recently (although neither played many games for us) are Greg Cunningham and the late Peter Whittingham. 

Other notable recent incidents in this fixture were Shane Duffy's disgraceful last game for us and Arma's worldie a couple of seasons ago.

I think I would take a point right now. Edit - just realised its actually a home game so no, I want all 3 points now 🙂

Craig Conway too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Play to our strong points, do not concentrate on their strong points. Run at them with the ball, Make the defence turn and face their own goal. shoot from range so defenders have to come out to block efforts. Anything, but don't just lob hopeful high balls into the box.

Its TM, we will worry about their strengths, much like we did against WBA. Agree though.

Cant see a win, draw at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I think a win today 8 games in still in our usual early season good form. Praying it continues the test comes after 12 games in that is usually when the wind changes. Prediction 3 v1 today.

ive just recognised that I’ve become a pessimist. 

I'd say you are an optimistic pessimist.

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I think a win today 8 games in still in our usual early season good form. Praying it continues the test comes after 12 games in that is usually when the wind changes. Prediction 3 v1 today.

ive just recognised that I’ve become a pessimist. 

A pessimist is very rarely disappointed 

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

will buckley still be out wide??stupid position to put him in when you have the tricky khadra on the bench

I'm pretty sure it will be 4231 with Buckley at 10. Failing that 433 with Buckley on the right of the midfield 3 which is okay.

Probable setup :

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Ayala.    Pickering

.                  Travis.     Rothwell 

Dolan.        Buckley.      Brereton

Gallagher