BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

Two awful goals and not just Maglore at fault. Ayala’s header for the first was poor, the guy it went to was in acres of space as our centre mids were AWOL (I seem to be the only one who thinks that’s a common occurrence when Rothwell is one of them), Maglore was sucked in toward the player but not aggressively enough, then Ayala got done too easily. The second I thought was mainly Pickering’s fault for leaving his man at the back post completely unmarked, it’s not like the move was a quick breakaway. A lot of the above faults were on display at Huddersfield in the first 10-15 mins when we should’ve been 3-0 if they could finish.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

It was never a good signing. He's taken up to this season to get up to speed and now looks like leaving.

We might get £7M back but transfer inflation means that's worth a lot less than it was at the time.

In the meantime we can think about how many good defenders we could have bought for that money  and who could have given us a real chance of promotion.

Remember if you can keep a clean sheet, one goal will get you 3 points.

We have to score 3 or 4. When you think we spent £5M on Gallagher as well, its farcical.

Carry on at the rate he is and he will be worth £15 at least. I have never thought of him as a good signing, but it could turn it that he was.

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

Carry on at the rate he is and he will be worth £15 at least. I have never thought of him as a good signing, but it could turn it that he was.

So he wouldn't be a good signing. He would be a good sale.

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

So he wouldn't be a good signing. He would be a good sell.

If he gets 15+ league goals this season and keeps us away from trouble he will have turned out to be a good signing.We all worried where the goals were coming from after Armstrong and thus far he has stepped up.

The money should have been spread around the squad and we didn't have the luxury to wait for him to come good but he has come on an awful lot and if he gets the goals to keep us away from trouble and he moves on and we get a profit then in my opinion he will have been a good signing.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Two awful goals and not just Maglore at fault. Ayala’s header for the first was poor, the guy it went to was in acres of space as our centre mids were AWOL (I seem to be the only one who thinks that’s a common occurrence when Rothwell is one of them), Maglore was sucked in toward the player but not aggressively enough, then Ayala got done too easily. The second I thought was mainly Pickering’s fault for leaving his man at the back post completely unmarked, it’s not like the move was a quick breakaway. A lot of the above faults were on display at Huddersfield in the first 10-15 mins when we should’ve been 3-0 if they could finish.

You’re certainly not on your own about the central mids going AWOL.  

surely when the teams struggling especially away from home, you would go to a solid 4-4-2 with all four midfielders working as one across the park wouldn’t you?

• Like 2

I feel bad for Magloire. Full back is the most exposed position on the pitch, there's no hiding by staying back and keeping it simple and there's rarely anyone else to cover for your mistakes. Playing an inexperienced centre half there is on the manager more than the player.

Still, I don't think Mowbray is an incompetent cretin (or part of some daft conspiracy) looking at the larger picture he's doing an alright job. Still, he's shown his level with the current investment. We've ended up around mid table with about the same amount of wins, draws and losses for three years straight, and we're on track to do the same again. That's not a terrible return considering the prerequisites , but at some point you have to aim higher. At least that's what I think. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, den said:

surely when the teams struggling especially away from home, you would go to a solid 4-4-2 with all four midfielders working as one across the park wouldn’t you?

Only if you are sensible as a manager.l

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

So he wouldn't be a good signing. He would be a good sale.

A mute point I guess. If we have a player who has a 20 goal plus season and we sell him for a profit of £8 million, I would say he was a good signing and a good sale.

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

A mute point I guess. If we have a player who has a 20 goal plus season and we sell him for a profit of £8 million, I would say he was a good signing and a good sale.

You need to look at the returns over the whole contract, then see how much of any sale fee is “reinvested”?

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve only seen the highlights from yesterday, and as bad as Magloire was on them, he’s not solely to blame. A midfielder should’ve been there to challenge for their first. Pickering, who was garbage on Tuesday and saw three goals against us come from his side, completely lost his man for the second - he’s not being held to the same standards as Magloire, because if he was he’d be getting battered. 

Pay Nyambe and Lenihan what they want. We can’t hope to replace them with anyone near their standards I’m afraid.

I said similar at the time. The Blackpool midfielder picked up a second ball thirty yards out with no Rovers players near him. He controlled the ball, took a few touches and played their side player in who scored. It was shockingly bad and in all honesty pretty much in tune with the whole first half when the basics seemed too much for us.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, den said:

I listened to Gallagher spouting his usual nonsense on Radio Lancashire and he was saying 4-4-2 is out dated and nobody plays it anymore. I personally think it's a system that offers pretty much everything but it's not in vogue because the Guardiolas of this world don't play it. Alex Ferguson built all his success on two banks of four with two strikers.

• Like 4

My match thoughts are the first half we were woeful. Maglorie's position sense and and awareness from shocking poor for a someone playing right back. Pickering should have been marking better for the second goal. Didn't under the Yates's goal celebration to our fans. Very Strange.  Our formation was being overrun and we changed it before Gallagher went off. It took him getting injury to give us this formation change to 4-4-2. 

So on to the second half, We witnessed a much better improved performance with spirit and passion. Where was this first half? But we started 4-4-2 with midfield of Buckley on the right, Travis and Rothwell centre and Edun on the left with Brereton and Dolan up front in a 2. 

Buckley's cross for Brereton was excellent and he finished it off. I thought Buckley was the Rovers best player from the starting line up and he was our biggest threat of creating chances. Brereton took his goal went and I think he has more than shown that he has the ability to be goalscorer for Rovers and going forward I would like to see him up front more. I thought Dolan was going to score with that header in the latter minutes of the game but it was good save by their keeper Moore. 

Edun was good yesterday and he impressed me alot. His work rate, effort and he wanted it yesterday. He came closed to scoring and he was constant threat. Would start next game for me. 

Travis's leadership came through yesterday to the team and he shown his captain's capabilities during the game. Was impressed. 

I think we deserved a point after that second half much improved performance but we can't give teams a 2 goals start before we started playing. So we got nothing

final thing, The Rovers fans never stop backing their players and club yesterday during the game. Such great passion supporters we have

On to the non match things. 

I wasn't keen on the way we enter the stadium in such a cramp and small entrance. Lot of confusion over which entrance we could enter on. I wonder what would happen if they was incident and how fans would get out in timing manner. maybe something people on the fans forum( @only2garnersand @K-Hod) could mention to the club please. Plenty on social media have similar complaints. 

It was great to see people who I haven't since before pandemic happened. Talking to them, having a pint with them in the pubs around Blackpool. Seeing people enjoying football and drinking in public is such a great sight after this pandemic. 

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

For the money and time invested into getting to where he now looks like he actually might be turning into a competent champ striker, he has been highly disappointing , there is no disputing that.

oh and btw we are now going to lose him on a free, more fool us

Wouldn't be so sure of that

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I listened to Gallagher spouting his usual nonsense on Radio Lancashire and he was saying 4-4-2 is out dated and nobody plays it anymore. I personally think it's a system that offers pretty much everything but it's not in vogue because the Guardiolas of this world don't play it. Alex Ferguson built all his success on two banks of four with two strikers.

So did King Kenny Tony. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My match thoughts are the first half we were woeful. Maglorie's position sense and and awareness from shocking poor for a someone playing right back. Pickering should have been marking better for the second goal. Didn't under the Yates's goal celebration to our fans. Very Strange.  Our formation was being overrun and we changed it before Gallagher went off. It took him getting injury to give us this formation change to 4-4-2. 

So on to the second half, We witnessed a much better improved performance with spirit and passion. Where was this first half? But we started 4-4-2 with midfield of Buckley on the right, Travis and Rothwell centre and Edun on the left with Brereton and Dolan up front in a 2. 

Buckley's cross for Brereton was excellent and he finished it off. I thought Buckley was the Rovers best player from the starting line up and he was our biggest threat of creating chances. Brereton took his goal went and I think he has more than shown that he has the ability to be goalscorer for Rovers and going forward I would like to see him up front more. I thought Dolan was going to score with that header in the latter minutes of the game but it was good save by their keeper Moore. 

Edun was good yesterday and he impressed me alot. His work rate, effort and he wanted it yesterday. He came closed to scoring and he was constant threat. Would start next game for me. 

Travis's leadership came through yesterday to the team and he shown his captain's capabilities during the game. Was impressed. 

I think we deserved a point after that second half much improved performance but we can't give teams a 2 goals start before we started playing. So we got nothing

final thing, The Rovers fans never stop backing their players and club yesterday during the game. Such great passion supporters we have

On to the non match things. 

I wasn't keen on the way we enter the stadium in such a cramp and small entrance. Lot of confusion over which entrance we could enter on. I wonder what would happen if they was incident and how fans would get out in timing manner. maybe something people on the fans forum( @only2garnersand @K-Hod) could mention to the club please. Plenty on social media have similar complaints. 

It was great to see people who I haven't since before pandemic happened. Talking to them, having a pint with them in the pubs around Blackpool. Seeing people enjoying football and drinking in public is such a great sight after this pandemic. 

Wouldn't be so sure of that

Wouldn’t be so sure of what? 
If it’s brereton leaving then I can assure you he is eyeing up a premiership move- expect a palace type to come in for him 

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

And yet TM will cover himself with the "....lessons to be learnt...." which is true but as you say these faults were already there in a previous match. Mental preparation and player confidence are vital but it took 45 minutes to open the eyes of some of our players. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wouldn’t be so sure of what? 
If it’s brereton leaving then I can assure you he is eyeing up a premiership move- expect a palace type to come in for him 

Well I believe he is signing a new contract and thats come from someone who spoken to his parents at Yesterday game

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I wouldn’t take much notice of Gallagher, he pretty much talks verbal diarrhoea on a weekly basis, as do most on BBC Lancashire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I believe he is signing a new contract and thats come from someone who spoken to his parents at Yesterday game

That wouldn’t surprise me and would be a relief. Surely he owes Rovers some loyalty, after the faith we have showed in him?

• Like 2

Fully agree with what Chaddy says about our passionate support yesterday. It was outstanding. Yet the Blackburn Rovers Manager could not publicly acknowledge Rovers fans yet he did for Blackpool fans. Imo this is a disgrace and he should be told. Another for the fans forum ( @only2garnersand @K-Hod).

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

worked for clough as well,it`s the best system for us,if you are getting  overrun then get your second striker to drop back in midfield,a simple solution,tony has an overrated view of his own ability imo,he is`nt a good enough coach to get the strange formations through to his players,therefore he should keep it simple and get the players used to doing one job in their correct positions,keep it basic

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AAK said:

More fool him.

shocking comment. 

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

That wouldn’t surprise me and would be a relief. Surely he owes Rovers some loyalty, after the faith we have showed in him?

I agreed there, He has been excellent this season and really step up to the plate to replace Armstrong's goals

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Fully agree with what Chaddy says about our passionate support yesterday. It was outstanding. 

agreed.