BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m still critical of brereton, he is improving in the goals department, but other aspects of his game are lacking. Put it this way, can you see him putting it in the net from outside the box?? Gallagher can and has btw. Somewhere between the two and you might have a good striker. I stick up for gallagher because he gets dogs abuse whereas brereton gets a free pass after the whole Chile stuff, it’s weird. 

but nice trolling anyway

Am not trolling I could say you are trolling by calling fans weird for thinking he played well for Chile when you yourself say you didn't watch all the matches.I did watch them and he did more than "just" score a goal.

Brererton has been better and shown more than Gallagher in their times here no disputing that

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Really surprised to see Magloire in the starting line up and clearly Blackpool had done their homework on our weaknesses on that side of the pitch. 
We missed Nyambe and Lenihan badly but what we missed in the first half more than anything is any energy and organisation.

What a turnround in the second half, particularly when Gallagher went off and Edun came on. The midfield began to control the game with Rothwell and Travis pushing forward. Really impressed with Edun but no doubt he will be back on the bench next game.

Brereton in the right spot again, as a good striker should be, just a pity we don’t have another to join him. 

It’s pretty straight forward to do your homework on us at the minute. Log on to this site and see what most fans think, yet the manager doesn’t. Almost everyone who cared to comment knew the same back line as Huddersfield was going to mean handing the points to the opposition and that proved to be the case.

I don’t know how much Mowbray is being paid, but if he can’t see what the average fan can, then it’s time to hold your hands up and admit, your time is up.

• Like 2

Personal observation. Maglorie is so ill disciplined in positioning defensively. (Not sure if its a Mowbray instruction) Constantly playing so high up, and at one point Gally has to keep looking back to him and signal to him to keep his position. First goal was his fault. 2nd goal came from his side as well for failing to stop the cross. No point running faster than Mbappe if u arent disciplined enough as a defender.

Such a big lad but did not use his body well. Far away from a first-teamer. I rather have Buckley there.

Honestly no idea how Magloire has made it this far as a footballer, he really is THAT bad it beggars belief. On one hand there wasn't much alternative but to play him, but theres only one person to blame for that. Must have gambled on his little favourite JRC bring fit at some point, won't hold my breath on that one. Yet the simpleton packed a recognised right back off on loan knowing full well Nyambe gets injured every other week.

Not a fan of international breaks usually but this one can't have come at a better time. We have a very good starting 11,  we have a very average squad that can't be relied on, it's that simple.

Big shout to the clown who set the smoke bomb off on the train coming home too 🙄

• Like 2

Very disappointing result, decent second half but not good enough first, I rarely criticise players unless they aren’t trying their best, not their fault if the manager picks them.

Magloire not a r/b and shouldn’t have started, hoping Gallagher would do a Brereton and improve, but unfortunately he hasn’t, should be on bench, more worrying is I heard from a second source last night from the club, that Gallagher is our highest paid player 20 k a week inc his signing on fee,that’s probably why he is playing every week.

Also can’t think why Butterworth is not getting more minutes especially after TM bigged him up recently.

One positive is anyone can beat anyone in this league and with a few players coming back I’m hoping for a few wins in the next few weeks, when we do get beat it’s the odd goal, not been hammered like some clubs.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Honestly no idea how Magloire has made it this far as a footballer, he really is THAT bad it beggars belief. On one hand there wasn't much alternative but to play him, but theres only one person to blame for that. Must have gambled on his little favourite JRC bring fit at some point, won't hold my breath on that one. Yet the simpleton packed a recognised right back off on loan knowing full well Nyambe gets injured every other week.

Not a fan of international breaks usually but this one can't have come at a better time. We have a very good starting 11,  we have a very average squad that can't be relied on, it's that simple.

Big shout to the clown who set the smoke bomb off on the train coming home too 🙄

Magloire is a centre-back or he is nothing. Absolutely cruel to play him at right-back

• Like 2

Hopefully Moggasurus’ ultimate undoing will be his rigid belief that any player can play interchangeably in any position. He’s had Gallagher at right back before now. Anything is possible with that clown. 

When we were playing the same side, in the same formation and players in their correct positions. I very briefly thought the manager had finally learnt but swiftly thought nah not a chance. Few weeks later and it’s the same old Mowbray.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

Magloire is a centre-back or he is nothing. Absolutely cruel to play him at right-back

I said yesterday that he had been hung out to dry by Mowbray and Magloires poor performance is being used as a screen for, once again Mowbrays inadequacies. Magloire just didn't show any full back instincts and positionally he was shocking but in the view of many there were a couple of better options but Mowbray ignored them. That's not with the benefit of hindsight neither, many said it in the lead up to the game.

The first half was as bad as it has ever been under Mowbray but so many just don't see how he is costing us. The sycophants will blame anyone and anything without seeing the cause.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

Am not trolling I could say you are trolling by calling fans weird for thinking he played well for Chile when you yourself say you didn't watch all the matches.I did watch them and he did more than "just" score a goal.

Brererton has been better and shown more than Gallagher in their times here no disputing that

I watched all the games. My impartial comment on Breretons performances was  : He ran about alot.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

For the money and time invested into getting to where he now looks like he actually might be turning into a competent champ striker, he has been highly disappointing , there is no disputing that.

oh and btw we are now going to lose him on a free, more fool us

• Like 1

People pointing the finger at Magloire for both Blackpool goals. Rightly so, as he in no small part was at fault.

However, for the first goal, Buckley was equally at fault. He let their guy stroll past him prior to the ball going out wide. Ayalya gave him pelters for that.

In games like this, Buckley is more often than not a passenger. Yes, he shows moments of ability - such as the cross for our goal - but he is so lacking in physicallity and desire when it really matters.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Also the plank who let one off in the pub pre-match.  One of the guys who let one off at the back of the stand was arrested; he may well get a banning order.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I don’t blame Magloire.  I blame TM and his bizarre team selections.  Carter started the season at RB and he impressed me, surely he should have been in that role yesterday

A guy close to me tried to start a “Mowbray Out” chant.  He was a lone voice and many around him told him to “shut it”!

Edited by Bad Boy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

The second half was better and if we'd started with that intensity it could have been different. There was no commitment in first half with most of our players sleep walking.

It’s a regular occurrence. The last game we could have conceded twice in the first two minutes. Not good enough.

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

In games like this, Buckley is more often than not a passenger. Yes, he shows moments of ability - such as the cross for our goal - but he is so lacking in physicallity and desire when it really matters.

Agree. Should have bought Whiteman, much better and bags too....proper championship midfielder.👍

I’ve only seen the highlights from yesterday, and as bad as Magloire was on them, he’s not solely to blame. A midfielder should’ve been there to challenge for their first. Pickering, who was garbage on Tuesday and saw three goals against us come from his side, completely lost his man for the second - he’s not being held to the same standards as Magloire, because if he was he’d be getting battered. 

Pay Nyambe and Lenihan what they want. We can’t hope to replace them with anyone near their standards I’m afraid.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

For the money and time invested into getting to where he now looks like he actually might be turning into a competent champ striker, he has been highly disappointing , there is no disputing that.

oh and btw we are now going to lose him on a free, more fool us

We won't be losing him on a free we might not get as much as we should but he won't be going on a free.Club have a years option on his contract.

He was the wrong signing and too much money spent on him but has improved a lot over the last 2 years 

Downgrade to league 1 players, loans and kids and it's no surprise where it'll lead. However Blackpool were bust a few years ago they are no better than Rovers at present. The usual tactical masterclass and lack of pre match motivation handed them that game before we got going.

Same old same old we've been witnessing for years and will continue to do so. Only plus side is compared to likes of Blackpool we have more bits of quality when everyone is available. 

Should still be able to come out the blocks and get a result in games like that though. Not sure what this managers record is in local games but i'd imagine it isn't great. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We won't be losing him on a free we might not get as much as we should but he won't be going on a free.Club have a years option on his contract.

He was the wrong signing and too much money spent on him but has improved a lot over the last 2 years 

If he continues the season like he has started it and we do have the one year extension, in theory he should be worth what Armstrong was, if not a bit more. Hopefully there is no sell on clause either, so he could well turn out to have been a good signing.